Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 MLB Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

well, whether it was the mets doubt or not, I wasn't expecting a victory tonight.  Matz pitched fairly well, but not enough to keep any pressure on kershaw.  Justin Turner continues to kill the mets, a former met himself.  Dodgers are built for 5 game series with 2 aces, so they have the momentum back.

Greinke Degrom will be absurd, but I just have a feeling the game will go sort of like tonight, a tough close loss for the mets

Cubs fans are the Best Fans in Baseball. St. Louis fans are as obnoxious as they come.

Cubs fans are narcissistic morons who cannot shut up about how much pain and agony they've been through.  

Know who went longer than the Red Sox without winning a championship and you never heard a peep from?  White Sox fans.  The White Sox fans never made up some dumb curse story and went on and on about how much bad luck they've had and how the Baseball Gods have been so unfair, etc.  Granted there was that incident back in 1919, but there's no one alive now that can remember back that far.  Same with Cubs fans and 1908 or whatever.

What's the difference between someone like me who was born in '81 and can't remember my favorite teams last World Series win (Orioles, '83) and some dumb Cubs fan who was born in the same year?  Nothing, except Steve Bartman (newsflash, the Cubs blew that thing way before he interfered with that foul ball).  I've never seen a World Series title from my favorite team and neither has a Cubs fan my same age.  The difference there is that there's this whole "woe is me" bull**** pityfest that is annoying as hell that comes from Cubs fans.  That Cubs fan will act like he was born in 1909 and has lived this entire time without seeing a World Series.

I'll say the ONLY cool thing about this is the Back to the Future Part II thing.  

Anyone with a soul is rooting for the Cubs.

Yeah I can't imagine rooting for any of the other teams.  Hope the Cubs win it all for my Uncle. He's a longtime Cubs fan, he's 83 and has had health problems lately. Hope he gets his World Series win. 

Cubs fans are narcissistic morons who cannot shut up about how much pain and agony they've been through.  

Know who went longer than the Red Sox without winning a championship and you never heard a peep from?  White Sox fans.  The White Sox fans never made up some dumb curse story and went on and on about how much bad luck they've had and how the Baseball Gods have been so unfair, etc.  Granted there was that incident back in 1919, but there's no one alive now that can remember back that far.  Same with Cubs fans and 1908 or whatever.

What's the difference between someone like me who was born in '81 and can't remember my favorite teams last World Series win (Orioles, '83) and some dumb Cubs fan who was born in the same year?  Nothing, except Steve Bartman (newsflash, the Cubs blew that thing way before he interfered with that foul ball).  I've never seen a World Series title from my favorite team and neither has a Cubs fan my same age.  The difference there is that there's this whole "woe is me" bull**** pityfest that is annoying as hell that comes from Cubs fans.  That Cubs fan will act like he was born in 1909 and has lived this entire time without seeing a World Series.

I'll say the ONLY cool thing about this is the Back to the Future Part II thing.  

Like I said, anyone with a soul...

I actually have had great experiences with Cubs fans at Nats games. They are a great fanbase. I went to Wrigley Field a number of years ago, I was welcomed by the fans around me. I have never had a bad experience with a Cubs fan.

Archived