Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 MLB Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

I actually base my opion on several things, my personal experience with Mets fans at Nats park and their history of showing up in droves when they're winning, and disappearing just as quick when they struggle. Again, I have no respect for that.

I certainly understand winning drives attendance, across all sports. If you don't want to come to games until your team is winning, that's fine, again, I understand, but don't be an asshole when you do come out.

Again, that's my opinion, sorry if you disagree. Feel free though, to continue with personal shots. I would expect no less...

So you have been to every Mets/Nats game at Nats park?  That's funny to me considering the Nats have been around a mere 11 seasons (2005-current) and the Mets were 3rd/4th place 6 of those seasons and a mere 2nd place three seasons.  Facts are, they were only first place in the division in 2006 and 2015.

Nats were last place in 2006, so basically this year is the only season I would believe that they "showed up in droves".  Kinda funny that you of all people would advise others to "not be an asshole", considering the way you act in the MLB/Nats thread towards posters of other teams sometimes.

But hey, I don't live in the DMV, so I don't know how many Mets fans show up at games.  But I find it hard to believe that they would show up talking **** to Nats fans, in Nats park when both teams were not great the majority of the Nats existence.

I think it's cute that you think of the Mets, Braves and Philly as rivals and have so much hate for them.  You even try to compare the "rivalry" to the likes of the Redskins/Giants......when everyone knows its not anywhere close to that level.  Takes more than a couple of winning seasons to make a rivalry (on the level of hate you are trying to make it out to be).

And the above is not trying to be disrespectful at all.  It's just when asked who our rivals our (Braves/Mets/Philly fans) the answer would be any combination or all of the above.  We don't think of the Nats or Marlins as true rivals.........yet.  

Sure, we don't want them to win, but talking about the level of hate you try to bring to something that just really isn't there outside of your own hatred.  

So you have been to every Mets/Nats game at Nats park?  That's funny to me considering the Nats have been around a mere 11 seasons (2005-current) and the Mets were 3rd/4th place 6 of those seasons and a mere 2nd place three seasons.  Facts are, they were only first place in the division in 2006 and 2015.

I think it's cute that you think of the Mets, Braves and Philly as rivals and have so much hate for them.  You even try to compare the "rivalry" to the likes of the Redskins/Giants......when everyone knows its not anywhere close to that level.  Takes more than a couple of winning seasons to make a rivalry.

Every? No, of course not, what kind of point is that? I have been to a lot of them--probably 15-20 over the last 5-6 years. Have you?

Quite frankly you're not here, I don't care what you believe. You have no 1st hand experience, so you really should stop posting on this topic.

I do find it cute though a Braves fan is defending a lack of fan support...

And the above is not trying to be disrespectful at all.  It's just when asked who our rivals our (Braves/Mets/Philly fans) the answer would be any combination or all of the above.  We don't think of the Nats or Marlins as true rivals.........yet.  

Sure, we don't want them to win, but talking about the level of hate you try to bring to something that just really isn't there outside of your own hatred.  

Well, it was rather disrespectful and rather condescending. Whether you want to believe it or not, Mets and Phillies fans do not like the Nationals, and vice versa. You're not here so you have no idea what you're talking about.

Every? No, of course not, what kind of point is that? I have been to a lot of them--probably 15-20 over the last 5-6 years. Have you?

I do find it cute though a Braves fan is defending a lack of fan support...

I live in Charlotte, NC.  I don't have the luxury of going to games, winning or losing, or I would.  But your trying to link fandom to going to games.  That's like wiping your ass before you ****, it's stupid.  

You get in these threads, make some comments or attack people, then when an argument starts or someone calls you out on your BS, you start trying to play the victim.  Ending posts like "Again, that's my opinion, sorry if you disagree. Feel free though, to continue with personal shots. I would expect no less..."

Nobody is taking personal shots at you, they are disagreeing with you or debating.  Grow a set and argue with your fellow poster or quit posting stupid comments.

5LEyUsW.gif

I live in Charlotte, NC.  I don't have the luxury of going to games, winning or losing, or I would.  But your trying to link fandom to going to games.  That's like wiping your ass before you ****, it's stupid.  

You get in these threads, make some comments or attack people, then when an argument starts or someone calls you out on your BS, you start trying to play the victim.  Ending posts like "Again, that's my opinion, sorry if you disagree. Feel free though, to continue with personal shots. I would expect no less..."

Nobody is taking personal shots at you, they are disagreeing with you or debating.  Grow a set and argue with your fellow poster or quit posting stupid comments.

Look man, I am not here to get into a flame war with anyone--but you're going to take are going to take thinly veiled jabs like "it's cute that you think you have a rivalry with these teams," which you've done before, then I have no problem giving it right back to you. If you want to continue this, feel free to PM me, because this is now gotten more personal and has nothing to do with this thread. Otherwise, I am done here.

^^

Unreal.

And Cueto finally shows up in the playoffs.

It's funny how pitchers "can't show up in the playoffs" until they do. It's such a small sample size--good players are bound to show up sooner or later

Look man, I am not here to get into a flame war with anyone--but you're going to take are going to take thinly veiled jabs like "it's cute that you think you have a rivalry with these teams," which you've done before, then I have no problem giving it right back to you. If you want to continue this, feel free to PM me, because this is now gotten more personal and has nothing to do with this thread. Otherwise, I am done here.

Its not personal.  I sent you a PM.  I agree, lets keep the **** out of this tread and post about the two teams playing.

Fair enough?

Not sure why people are hating on KC. They're not a team of superstars and outside of the antics of punkass Yordano Ventura (really, someone needs to punch his punkass face to a bloody pulp), they seem like a likeable team (and probably the best team) in the past 13-14 months.

And that's coming from a huge fan of a team that beat them in Game 7 least year. 

Not sure why people are hating on KC. They're not a team of superstars and outside of the antics of punkass Yordano Ventura (really, someone needs to punch his punkass face to a bloody pulp), they seem like a likeable team (and probably the best team) in the past 13-14 months.

And that's coming from a huge fan of a team that beat them in Game 7 least year. 

I'm an O's fan. Built in hatred from last years ALCS.

Their fans were complete jackasses for a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 29 years last year.

Dyson couldn't stop flapping his gums last year.

This year they were the cause of a number of bench clearing brawls because they play and act like assholes.

Archived