Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I'll be on tonight. Level 3 baby! Played last night and it was pretty fun.

Met up with a few ransoms during one story mission and we messed around for a while then I went lone wolf and took out this beast of a Fallen for a ship part.

The graphics are fantastic, the soundtrack is really good too. I'm very intrigued by the story and I can't wait to explore and learn more. There is a definite Mass Effect feel when you are in the tower talking to people and messing around.

I hope character interaction is expanded since dialogue seems extremely basic and forgotten all together outside of cutscenes and Ghost companions.

I'm still unsure of how the whole thing will end up working though but I have a better idea now. I'm looking forward to getting into the PVP crucible matches and trying those out.

I think Madden was greatly improved with 13 then even more so with 25. I'm excited about 15, can't wait for it. Heard you were interested in jointing our ES league too? Hope you do, it would be great to have you on board.

Agreed. I played 25 a lot compared to past releases and 15 is looking like it will be a pretty good upgrade.

There is one thing that I've wanted them to do that seems so simple. I want the crowd to be a factor.

Example: If an away team is buried deep in their own territory or driving for a go ahead TD in the 4th quarter then the crowd should be going nuts and it should have an affect. Maybe have the playbook flash on and off when picking your play,  or have the QB flustered to where the wrong button for your receivers are displayed pre-play, and of course your controller should be shaking out of your hands.

Just something that I think would make the gameplay experience even better.

Example: If an away team is buried deep in their own territory or driving for a go ahead TD in the 4th quarter then the crowd should be going nuts and it should have an affect. Maybe have the playbook flash on and off when picking your play, or have the QB flustered to where the wrong button for your receivers are displayed pre-play, and of course your controller should be shaking out of your hands.

Just something that I think would make the gameplay experience even better.

They did this in the NCAA series years back. The crowd would go nuts in certain scenarios like key 3rd downs or even if your guy did the "stand up and make noise" taunt that has always been in the game. It would make the controller shake like crazy and if you trie to see the play pre-snap the routes/play diagram was all blurry and jumping over the place. In some cases, if you tried to audible the players would make an "I can't hear you" motion and either wouldn't change their route like you wanted or change it to something else. Very slick idea

QBs that had higher composure or some similar rating had less of a chance of that happening or being rattled by it. I think other players that had lower composure would be more inclined to shrink in the moment and drop passes or

miss block too if I remember correctly.

So they can do it but the problem is that it fit perfectly with the fanatical fanbases and deafening stadiums of college football. It doesn't really fit in the NFL outside of a handful of stadiums since it is so corporate.

Still, I'm sure they could easily add something similar and I would welcome an addition like that again even if it wasn't as fitting as it was in the NCAA. It would matter and impact gameplay which is something I think stadiums and fans need to do to some degree to feel unique and add difficulty to the game. For all the graphical advancements, it still feels like you are playing in a barren box.

The ignite engine that was promised at E3 2013 with the realistic crowds going nuts etc needs to make it's way in a game ASAP.

I play madden like crazy for the most part, I have no clue how people think there was a major jump between 13' and 25'? Franchise mode was largely untouched, the engine is a convulouted disaster with players looking mangled and falling down for no reason, the crowd is basically dead etc. Mistakes that have plagued this series for the last 6-7 years are still prevelant. I play it cause it's my only option for football but It's sad what has happened to an once awesome series.

I'm an done with the madden games like I am done with cod. Refuse to pay 65 for updated rosters / new maps. I need new contents better visuals something to make me want to spend my money. Especially with all the other choices out there. I have never bought an NHL game but this year's games seems like it's going to blow madden out of the water

Even if Madden gets good reviews initially, I will wait a couple of months before making decision. That is because people typically seem to like it initially, then they find new issues with it that ruin the game.

It will never happen, but I would really like them to take a year off and fix it properly. The last time I bought Madden, I traded it literally a month later, for Demon Soul's on the first day came out. Looking back that was in 2009.

So I have missed the last 4 football games. That makes me sad because football was the favorite between and my friends. I remember sitting all day playing tournaments in the same room, then going outside to play tackle football if we wanted a break. We didn't have to worry about people exploiting certain plays either.

I didn't keep a madden longer than a week since 06. I completely skipped 07, 09, 11 and 12. I took 10 back after a week.

I liked 13 because of the new physics engine. I really liked 25. Sure it has it's flaws but so did the Maddens that everybody loved. I grew up on Madden 94-95 and 99 then 03, 04 and 05.

They all had flaws, glitches, money plays etc so I'm not going to demand that Madden be perfect. It's a lot better than it has been in about 10 years or so and 15 looks to build on it. We will see

I'm an done with the madden games like I am done with cod. Refuse to pay 65 for updated rosters / new maps. I need new contents better visuals something to make me want to spend my money. Especially with all the other choices out there. I have never bought an NHL game but this year's games seems like it's going to blow madden out of the water

I am with you bro! May try COD this year as it seems to be a completely new game and engine. Madden looks the same, I also hate that the camera is so far back.

I've played Madden every year since the 90s.  Some of the nano blitzes people used online were ridiculous and every year, there are some money plays that seem unstoppable at times.  But I swear it's not as bad as it used to be.  I found a money play back when we still had Laveranues Coles (so it was 2003 or 2004 Madden), he had something 98 speed and acceleration.  

Put him in the slot in shotgun in a 5 WR set, he is covered automatically by a linebacker.  I could hotroute everyone and make him run a corner route.  Immediately, he would separate from the LB on him and was so open at the sideline it was ridiculous.  I always got 30+ yards a pop on that play, TDs a lot of the times.

Then a couple of years ago, I could take any team with a good combination of size and speed at WR (like Calvin Johnson), make them play TE, streak them up the middle.  Have fun trying to stop Megatron with a LB.  It was lobs, jump balls, blowing past coverage, etc.  A lot of times, I'd toss Hankerson in at TE and screw with people.

Ahhh the memories.  But it's the only NFL game out there and football is my favorite sport so I put up with all the online BS and just figure out how to stop it and if I can't how to control the game.  If someone keeps doing the same thing and especially tries to get me off guard in a hurry up, so be it.  But when I get the ball, I'm waiting until there is 2 seconds on the play clock before I snap the ball.  I try to get inside their head and get them frustrated and off their game.  That's when the cheesers make mistakes.  

As soon as their one trick doesn't work, they get angry and most of them don't know how to play good defense.  So I grind the clock down, especially if I get the ball back to start the second half.  I have burned off 7-8 minutes in the first half before scoring.  I make them use their time outs with minimal time left in the half (under a minute).  They rarely score.  

Hell, I've actually taken a knee on the one yard line just to **** with them.  I love the cerebral aspect of the game and you wanna try and cheese me, then its going to be a chess match.  Most of the time they get frustrated and quit.  It doesn't work every time, but it works.

I prefer to play legit, but I will take it to that cheese/jerk level if I feel that's what people are doing to me.  Also, you can sub and adjust what coverages you use, who mans up on who, etc.  So I don't really feel bad if people can't make adjustments.

I used to be a hardcore Madden player. Back in 04-05 I played religously, and was at one point ranked top 10 in the world in Madden 05. I got as high as #9 before quitting.

Most people online just used cheese plays. There was one glitch where if you threw an incomplete pass, then audibled into a fake punt pass, you would have a guaranteed TD pass every time as for some reason the DBs would rush the "Punter" and your WR would run free. There was also the WR motion glitch where if you motioned your WR back and forth, moving him in precise locations near the LoS, you would cause everyone except for the QB's fatigue to drop to 0. This would allow any QB with a reasonable amount of speed to simply run for easy TDs anytime. I didn't use these glitches, but most of the top players got their rank this way.

My strategy was generally playing with teams with really fast RBs and having them catch out of the backfield while also having a good Defense, since D was mostly AI while I utilized a pass rusher. In 05 I DOMINATED with the Redskins. I once had almost 400 yards receiving in a game with Portis and would regularly rack up 4+ sacks a game with Arrington(or LB #56 as he was called).

Quality of the game plummetted after 05. Hated the vision cone in 06 and only got 08 on next gen. Haven't had a Madden since.

Hated nano blitzing, I thought it was the cheapest tactic in the game. I know it takes some skill to get it lined up right and quick, I just found it to be a cheap way to play defense. I dont know how prevalent it still is because I haven't played in like 3 years. It was one of the reasons I stopped playing.

Hated nano blitzing, I thought it was the cheapest tactic in the game. I know it takes some skill to get it lined up right and quick, I just found it to be a cheap way to play defense. I dont know how prevalent it still is because I haven't played in like 3 years. It was one of the reasons I stopped playing.

There are nanos out there, but not like there used to be.  At least I don't see them like I used to.  There used to be some unstoppable ones for the most part.  I've come across some that work extremely well and hit my runners in the backfield or seem to hit RG3 when under center.  Once I see them do it twice in a row.  I'll jump in shotgun and laugh at them though as I throw some short hot-routed routes for quick easy passes. 

Like everything, you just gotta look at what they are doing and what part of the field they are leaving open to do it.  Then exploit them.

What did everyone think of Destiny?

I'm really conflicted on this. Let me preface the below by saying I am aware this is a beta and only represents and extremely small portion of the game available.

The production value is extremely high, I like the lore and the story setup it's given so far but I do have some problems and concerns.

1) The story is extremely lacking in the campaign and the first five "story missions." I know this is not a typical single player/story focused type of game but I don't care at all about endless, mindless looting which is why I didn't like Borderlands.

I need story progression to give me a reason to care about the grinding that takes place. It just feels a little hollow so far. Also, I don't want to pile on but Dinklage isn't exactly the most engaging of companions which doesn't help. Nothing has really been explained so far. It feels rushed. What's the deal with the hive and the fallen and the darkness? Help me out here useful, wise ghost companion.

2) Semi-related but the structure of the missions/areas isn't helpful either. The enemies respawning every couple of minutes kind of hurts my immersion too. I like to clear areas and feel like I made a difference whereas this is always just meaningless. I can plow through an area only to look behind me and see every Fallen/Hive right back there again.

3) Bosses are bullet sponges. Self explanatory really. I hope there is more variety.

4) Multiplayer is fun but I don't understand how the weapons and perks work. It seems like it would be unbalanced. I think I just need more understanding of this, not really a fault of the game.

5) Warlock -> I was hoping for more magic. Granted I'm not given access to the full class yet but the Nova Bomb recharge takes forever and makes it difficult to find an advantage to use this class given the weaker armor.

So really I am concerned if I will burn myself out on the constant grinding with little focus (at least in the beta) on story and purpose.

I will say, I hated Borderlands so this was actually a concern all along but I will see how it plays out.

The positive is that the game is gorgeous, the combat and gunplay is a lot of fun and each area while initially seeming straightforward is actually very deep with many hidden paths and areas that lead to more sprawling areas. I still am intrigued by the story, I just hope it is fleshed out more. I'm sure the game would also be a lot better, even the grinding, playing in fireteams which I haven't done yet.

That makes me sad because football was the favorite between and my friends. I remember sitting all day playing tournaments in the same room, then going outside to play tackle football if we wanted a break. We didn't have to worry about people exploiting certain plays either.

Just to be clear, our glitches didn't work because we kept each other in check. In fact, it started back when we used to play Joe Montana Football and I would kill everyone with a slant route. I would throw the ball, take over the receiver and cut his route short. 20 yards every time.

So I'm far from a regular gamer these days. I bought FIFA World Cup about 2 months ago but that's the only game I've bought since .. I think GTAV last year. 

So at the end of the day I'm at a point in my life where I rarely play videogames and probably won't play them like I did in the good old days. I've always been a Sony guy ... PS, PS2, PS3 ... but now that I'm looking purely for a home entertainment first, gaming 2nd console ... what is the consensus on XB1 v. PS4?

So I'm far from a regular gamer these days. I bought FIFA World Cup about 2 months ago but that's the only game I've bought since .. I think GTAV last year. 

So at the end of the day I'm at a point in my life where I rarely play videogames and probably won't play them like I did in the good old days. I've always been a Sony guy ... PS, PS2, PS3 ... but now that I'm looking purely for a home entertainment first, gaming 2nd console ... what is the consensus on XB1 v. PS4?

I cant speak for the PS4, but I love my Xbox One. In addition, my wife doesnt play games, but likes the Xbox One. She uses it for pretty much everything else outside of games.

Just to be clear, our glitches didn't work because we kept each other in check. In fact, it started back when we used to play Joe Montana Football and I would kill everyone with a slant route. I would throw the ball, take over the receiver and cut his route short. 20 yards every time.

I remember Tecmo Bowl and playing with the 49ers.  I could take Steve Young and run backwards 20 yards, the entire defense would run after him and then throw a bomb to Jerry Rice for a 99 yard TD lol.  

perhaps this will help:

Depends on how caught up you are on advanced media options.  The Xbox One allows you to keep the system on and watch TV through it.  It offers a snap window where you can PIP, game while having a small screen with say a ball game on it so you can keep up with the game while you game.  

You can Skype with your friends while gaming too, which might be a real cool thing if they are playing say Battlefield with you or CoD, etc.  

If you don't care about the fancy media additions, both offer Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon, Vudu (not sure about Xbox), WWE network, etc as apps.  Both offer voice commands, though the Xbox One might have the edge over the PS4 on that, not sure though.  

From a pure gaming stance, both systems offer beautiful graphics and are powerful machines, with the edge going slightly in favor of PS4.  It sounds like since your a Sony guy, you don't have any stake in the exclusive games only available on Xbox (i.e. Halo, Forza, Titanfall, etc.).  

I don't think anyone that buys either is getting a raw deal.  It just depends on some smaller details, like $$$.  In order to get the voice commands you have to buy the Kinect or the Sony Camera, Sony camera is only $59, but evidently there is only one game for it right now.  

If you're a guy that doesn't care about getting out of the chair to turn off the console, don't want to watch TV while gaming simultaneously, etc. I'd recommend PS4, if you like playing the exclusive games that Sony offers.  If you like the bells/whistles or don't need them but would use them because they are there, only play games available on both platforms, then go either Xbox One or PS4.  

I've always owned both consoles until now (Xbox, 360, PS, PS2, PS3 and PS4).  I've always owned the PS before the other systems and picked up the xbox usually a year or so after release (mainly because I would save up gift cards/cash from Christmas).  I game a lot, but its only certain games now (BF, CoD, Madden, etc.).  I used to get into Halo and Forza (so I needed an Xbox) and also loved a few exclusives on PS.  

The main reason I went with PS4 is I've always liked it slightly better and the majority of my friends/family game on that platform.  Also, the price at launch, the Xbox forced a Kinect down your throat and a heftier price ($499 vs $399).  I didn't use the Kinect on my 360 after a couple of weeks, so there was no need for it.  Now that they have changed the package on Xbox, I'm gonna wait until around Christmas and see what deals are out there, may pull the trigger and pick one up.  If I don't, its all good. 

If you do go Xbox, you'll get a great system.  If you get a PS4, you'll get a great system.  

Archived