Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Has anyone been having problems with Xbox Live connectivity on the Xbox One? I've seen a friend of mine not even able to sign into his gamertag. I've personally experienced being unable to do party chat on multiple occasions.

Yeah. I had the same issue with it last night when I got home from work. They said there were technical difficulties going on when I went to the website.

Yeah. I had the same issue with it last night when I got home from work. They said there were technical difficulties going on when I went to the website.

I think it is because Microsoft didn't add enough servers to maintain Live operations after the X1 went public. I think they've also repurposed some 360 servers for use for X1, as I never had any Live issues on the 360 until the X1 launched. Maybe they went the cheap route, or maybe they've been in the process of building more facilities to house the servers and are behind schedule. 

PS4 is alright so far. Speaker freaked me out inside the controller, I Was like who's talking to me  :lol:

I love how you can download demos and games and just put it on standby. Go to sleep and then wake up and the demo's ready to play. Nice. 

knew i should have bought a ps4 instead. only reason i bought the one was titanfall. other than that, ps4 looks to be the better one over all.

Better how? Just a question what are you missing? If your talking about slightly better graphics cool other than that what is making you regret your choice?

knew i should have bought a ps4 instead.  only reason i bought the one was titanfall.  other than that, ps4 looks to be the better one over all.

I have both and I don't understand this at all? They both have their pluses and minuses but neither seems to be better than the other.

Yes. I flip flopped for weeks but finally decided on a PS4. I wouldn't mind the One either. IT's just that I don't have a cable box in here anymore so the One wouldn't be too useful. Plus I was a big fan of The Show. If you like other games you would like the One better. It all comes down to personal preference 

I picked up sniper elite III last night for the One and it's a pretty cool game. I beat the second one and so far this one isn't a disappointment either.

Downloading it now. TT Viper TT if there is multyplayer and you are into that sort of thing.

I know someone in here was really excited for this game...

[update] Staff At Homefront Developer Crytek UK Not Reporting To Work

Update: Reports are saying that, after not having been paid full wages, the staff at Crytek UK has filed grievance letters and left work.

Kotaku, citing multiple sources, is reporting that over 100 Crytek UK employees have left and are not reporting, after repeated problems with not receiving paychecks or receiving partial paychecks. According to the report, Deep Silver, which was slated to publish Crytek UK's Homefront: The Revolution, is trying to rectify the situation.

Original Story:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/03/report-crytek-uk-experiencing-financial-problems-fate-of-homefront-the-revolution-in-question.aspx

I know someone in here was really excited for this game... [update] Staff At Homefront Developer Crytek UK Not Reporting To Work

Update: Reports are saying that, after not having been paid full wages, the staff at Crytek UK has filed grievance letters and left work.

Kotaku, citing multiple sources, is reporting that over 100 Crytek UK employees have left and are not reporting, after repeated problems with not receiving paychecks or receiving partial paychecks. According to the report, Deep Silver, which was slated to publish Crytek UK's Homefront: The Revolution, is trying to rectify the situation.

Original Story:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/03/report-crytek-uk-experiencing-financial-problems-fate-of-homefront-the-revolution-in-question.aspx

I just died. I'm dead. This is my ghost posting.

God dammit, ****, ****, ****.

The One has a better lineup of console exclusives than the PS4 (instantly mitigated if you have a PC that can run games), but PlayStation+ is so good that you always have games to play. I got my annual membership for $40 at Best Buy.

I'm addicted to TowerFall Ascension right now.

Sniper Elite 3 is pretty fun so far. Underrated for sure. Coop and survival are fun. The xbox crew is going to pick up a few more copies and then test out multyplayer a bit more.

Been debating on whether to get this or not. Most reviews have been pretty bad but might give it a try when the price drops a bit.   

The One has a better lineup of console exclusives than the PS4 (instantly mitigated if you have a PC that can run games), but PlayStation+ is so good that you always have games to play. I got my annual membership for $40 at Best Buy.

I'm addicted to TowerFall Ascension right now.

Do you mean currently? What is exclusive to the one other than Halo which most people can live without seeing as there are a million other shooters on the market. PS4 off the top of my head has MLB the show, Bloodborne, Grim Fandango and no mans sky all of which id say are better exclusives than Halo (maybe not grim fandango for the kiddies that didnt grow up with point and click).

Do you mean currently? What is exclusive to the one other than Halo which most people can live without seeing as there are a million other shooters on the market. PS4 off the top of my head has MLB the show, Bloodborne, Grim Fandango and no mans sky all of which id say are better exclusives than Halo (maybe not grim fandango for the kiddies that didnt grow up with point and click).

What is better as an exclusive is a subjective statement. I can't stand baseball, so MLB The Show, no matter how criitically acclaimed, pales in comparison to playing Halo. As far as other exclusives outside of Halo, X1 has Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Fable Legends, and Quantum Break all either out this year or coming out. 

But we all know that Nintendo is gonna dominate with the exclusives. Not even counting games already out, here's what's scheduled through next year:

• Hyrule Warriors
  • Yoshi's Wooley World
  • Super Smash Bros. U
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Mario Maker
  • The Devil's Third
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: X
  • The Legend of Zelda: U
  • Splatoon

Archived