Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

My PS4 downloads incredibly fast. My buddy who has a One said the Destiny download took him about an hour. Took me about 25 minutes maybe. But then again a friend with the PS4 said his download took 45 minutes as well. Took me maybe 8-10 minutes to download DRagon's Teeth BF4 DLC, heard it took other folks 20-30 minutes.

Could internet speeds be the determining factor moreso than an "XBOX Live vs PSN" thing? Because my PS4 download speed is amazing.

My PS4 can download fast, it's just that it usually doesn't. I've had some blazing fast downloads before. Usually it is molasses, and I am pretty sure Sony is behind it. When I have no problems streaming 1080p while surfing the web and sending Slingbox to another machine... I shouldn't have problems downloading and update to my PS4 while the rest of my home network is dormant.

Loving that game so far. Barely into it but it is great, though I'm new to this Baldur's Gate style RPG. Thanks for the info on the level cap... while I love that this game does not hold your hand, there is a ton to learn. The advice to save frequently is an understatement...

I also didn't initially understand that if you want to increase a skill to rank 2, you need to have 2 skill points (or whatever they're called) available. 

Yeah, Pen and Paper RPGs are different than your traditional RPGs. There will be times when you level up that you don't use all your skill saving them for the future.

I also find it funny that Microsoft canceled pretty much all of their XBONE entertainment division. They are getting outsold pretty much 2:1. Who would have thought the consumer knew what they wanted when the blasted them to pieces during the Football TV TV New Kinect TV TV TV Football TV New Kinect TV Xbox One introduction presentation.Now they are just left with a system that isn't as sharp as PS4 when it comes to games. I have a feeling when Microsoft releases the first revisioned XBONE it will be on par with the PS4 graphically.

I downloaded Divinity last night, but it was late so I went to bed. Can't wait to get home and play it, although on Tuesday I'll be shifting to Last of Us.

You might as well just play around as a tutorial and wait to really dig in until after the last of us. The game is a big open world and going away for a little bit it will be easy to forget what you are doing. The title of this thread should be changed to add Steam or PC in there. With Steam machines coming, PC gaming is a huge contender in the living room console battle.

Man i hope for the sake of console players that Divinity: Original Sin somehow has a release on the next gen consoles. 

I doubt the Developer, small company from what I've heard, will be able to find a publisher to help them put this on consoles. But I'd be all for it. 

I doubt the Developer, small company from what I've heard, will be able to find a publisher to help them put this on consoles. But I'd be all for it. 

I head rumors they might outsource it. They would just need to fiddle with the UI to make it more console friendly. Xcom enemy unknown worked on consoles. The dev is small and said they would think about it if they made enough money.

BTW, I've been playing the Destiny Beta on the X1 and I love it. Already maxed out the Warlock at level 8, and I'm looking forward to trying the Titan next this evening. This game and Dragon Age:Inquisition will likely dominate all my gaming time for the rest of the year. 

Yeah, Pen and Paper RPGs are different than your traditional RPGs. There will be times when you level up that you don't use all your skill saving them for the future.

OK good, as I've been doing that a bit and wondering if I'm just being dumb. I am one of those people who hoarded all of his items in Final Fantasy type games and then suddenly the final boss comes along, haha

OK good, as I've been doing that a bit and wondering if I'm just being dumb. I am one of those people who hoarded all of his items in Final Fantasy type games and then suddenly the final boss comes along, haha

Yes, anything that is rare must never be used because you may need to use it some time.

Bwhaha that was me too, going into the last battle with tons of elixirs, x-potions, the works.

Bwhaha that was me too, going into the last battle with tons of elixirs, x-potions, the works.

Yep, think just about anyone with extensive RPG/Final Fantasy experience has this same problem.

There is the occasional tough boss that makes you use up a few of your consumables though.

Yep, think just about anyone with extensive RPG/Final Fantasy experience has this same problem.

There is the occasional tough boss that makes you use up a few of your consumables though.

Not really for me, the old FFs i just took the time to power level. Being a kid i didn't mind grinding battle after battle after battle to get over leveled. I can remember US FF3 had a small patch of forest that spawned dinosaurs and one of the dinosaurs that spawned dropped an item that made all magic spells cost 1 mp i think called equilizer. The dinosaur that dropped it didn't spawn much and then i think it was a 1 in 64 chance for the drop. I grinded for 4 of them lol. Needless to say i wiped the floor with Kefka when i finally went to fight him all my characters at lvl 99. The more recent FFs i cannot say as i feel they are garbage compared to US 2,3 and 7 so i haven't bothered with them other than the MMO XI which i also really liked.

Edit: I just looked it up... the item was called the economizer dropped by the brachiosaur.

ss3.jpg

Not really for me, the old FFs i just took the time to power level. Being a kid i didn't mind grinding battle after battle after battle to get over leveled. I can remember US FF3 had a small patch of forest that spawned dinosaurs and one of the dinosaurs that spawned dropped an item that made all magic spells cost 1 mp i think called equilizer. The dinosaur that dropped it didn't spawn much and then i think it was a 1 in 64 chance for the drop. I grinded for 4 of them lol. Needless to say i wiped the floor with Kefka when i finally went to fight him all my characters at lvl 99. The more recent FFs i cannot say as i feel they are garbage compared to US 2,3 and 7 so i haven't bothered with them other than the MMO XI which i also really liked.

Edit: I just looked it up... the item was called the economizer dropped by the brachiosaur.

I bought that game on my iPad Air, loving it like I never played it the first time when I was in 9th grade. 

Did you play D:OS yesterday Warhead?

Yeah I played a little bit, just through the tutorial up until the first town. Game is pretty fun. Combat is really good, and can be pretty tough if you don't play properly. At first I didn't like having two main characters but I like how you can have them converse with each other. I'm basically making my male character into a care free renegade type while the female is gonna be a real ball breaker and hardass. I am kind of annoyed though as I made my toons Rogue and Ranger and it looks like this is another Dragon Age type game where spellcasters just dominate.

Yeah I played a little bit, just through the tutorial up until the first town. Game is pretty fun. Combat is really good, and can be pretty tough if you don't play properly. At first I didn't like having two main characters but I like how you can have them converse with each other. I'm basically making my male character into a care free renegade type while the female is gonna be a real ball breaker and hardass. I am kind of annoyed though as I made my toons Rogue and Ranger and it looks like this is another Dragon Age type game where spellcasters just dominate.

I made a Wizard and Ranger as my starting two characters. You get companions and hirelings as the game goes on (actually really close to where you are so don't worry). The one thing i didn't really like is how they sort of made rogues with lockpicking irrelevant because you can just break open chests. I haven't seen anywhere that says it can destory anything in the boxes either but doing that.

;

FFVI and Xenogears are my favorite two games of all time. :)

and yet you have still not experienced the joy that is Xenoblade (as of our last communique on the matter). The director, Tetsuya Takehashi, was the graphic director for FFVI and was the director for Xenogears. I posit to you that you should drop some coins on a Wii U and acquire a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), which should last you until the steady stream of exclusives starts hitting it starting in a month or so, culminating in the spiritual successor, Xenoblade Chronicles: X some time next year. Succumb to the dark side logic.

Destiny has some serious multyplayer potential. Vehicles are stupidly OP, but it's probably because everyone is low level. The map with the ruins and caves is awesome.

Coop was mediocre, it didn't impress me at all, boring. Hopefully it gets much better when the game is released.

Having to go buy guns and **** at that little moon planet is annoying and tedious. I just want to play. It appeared you could unlock guns just by playing multyplayer, so that's good.

Well it's supposed to be a hybrid shooter MMO and one of the aspects of an MMO is building up currency and using it to purchase items.

Which can be done in a menu. Wasting time running around to different shops just to get to a menu is retarded. It's not even in the destiny "world".

Which can be done in a menu. Wasting time running around to different shops just to get to a menu is retarded. It's not even in the destiny "world".

Which again, is part of being related to an MMO. They could set it up to buy from the menu, but no MMO does that. Its part of the RP and immersion into the world that you have to go to vendors to buy stuff. And you are not going to find vendors anywhere else but that one city because its the only protected safe place.

Archived