Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Which again, is part of being related to an MMO. They could set it up to buy from the menu, but no MMO does that. Its part of the RP and immersion into the world that you have to go to vendors to buy stuff. And you are not going to find vendors anywhere else but that one city because its the only protected safe place.

I don't give a **** if it's traditionally part of MMO games, it's dumb. A large part of the population who plays the game will probably never really care about anything outside of the game's multyplayer, it would be a shame for little annoyances to ruin that experience.

Even for the single player/coop parts, after your first visit to the moon planet, a menu is far more convenient.

The one cool thing they have done is you can switch to any of your guns mid-match and it only takes a few seconds at most. Leaving no excuse for you to not adapt quickly.

Destiny has some serious multyplayer potential. Vehicles are stupidly OP, but it's probably because everyone is low level. The map with the ruins and caves is awesome.

Coop was mediocre, it didn't impress me at all, boring. Hopefully it gets much better when the game is released.

Having to go buy guns and **** at that little moon planet is annoying and tedious. I just want to play. It appeared you could unlock guns just by playing multyplayer, so that's good.

I like the bikes you get, they remind me of the racing bikes in Star Wars. But you say they're overpowered. I never figured out how to fire any weapons with them. Regardless, they control really well. 

I didn't mind the co-op, why did you think it was boring? 

And I actually found it better to find guns in the maps and not at the Last City on Earth, the better weapons aren't in the stores. The only exception is the "engrams" you find in the maps, which you take to a guy in the city and he changes it until some pretty strong weapons or armor. 

As far as having to keep going back to the city, it's a MMO, so they all have a hub of some sort where all players on a server congregate. Didn't surprise me. I just wish you could trade weapons, as I had friends I was playing with that I wanted to give my lower leveled weapons to in order to help them out. Instead, I just had to dissesemble for parts. 

Which can be done in a menu. Wasting time running around to different shops just to get to a menu is retarded. It's not even in the destiny "world".

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's "retarded" (God I hate when people say that). And maybe you weren't paying attention to the story, it kinda is in the Destiny "world". Did you do any type of exploration of the city? 

Any fans of The Last of Us multiplayer?

I loved the story, but the multiplayer was one of the most surprising and fun aspects of the game. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Never got into the multiplayer since I only played the original TLOU briefly while a friend brought it over but it's something I'm looking forward to with the remastered edition. 

------------

Halo Master Chief Collection trailer showing new Halo 2: Anniversary campaign cut-scenes.

chills....

Wow where have i been that I'm just seeing this game? Lords of the fallen looks awesome.

PS4 footage but it's on XBONE and PC too

October 28th release

I don't give a **** if it's traditionally part of MMO games, it's dumb. A large part of the population who plays the game will probably never really care about anything outside of the game's multyplayer, it would be a shame for little annoyances to ruin that experience.

Even for the single player/coop parts, after your first visit to the moon planet, a menu is far more convenient.

The one cool thing they have done is you can switch to any of your guns mid-match and it only takes a few seconds at most. Leaving no excuse for you to not adapt quickly.

It's not dumb, if you want to play a traditional shooter there are 100s of the same game out right now with minor tweaks here and there. I'd rather they have hubs and vendors/shops to bring people together rather than buy things through some menu like again the other 100 shooters out there. Id much rather destiny try to do their own thing than be Destiny: Generic fps #101. What kind of sense does it make to hit start in the middle of play, buy a gun and then have it pop into your hands out of nowhere? Destiny will be the first fps story mode ill have played in quite some time because they are actually trying something new and fresh. Honestly, its about damn time a developer tried something new rather than play whatever iteration of CoD and Battlefield they are on which in all honesty is a big patch rather than a new full retail price game every year.

I got some questions reg. The Last of Us. I am trying to avoid spoilers so I'm not watching any videos or anything.

1. Is it open world, or linear level one level two etc?

2.  Do you get to make dialogue choices that impact the story(like in Mass Effect)?

3. Do you only fight zombies or do you fight humans as well? How difficult is combat? I prefer going stealth and have heard that is an option.

4. How deep is the inventory system? Do you get stronger items as the game progresses RPG style or is it just random goodies?

I got some questions reg. The Last of Us. I am trying to avoid spoilers so I'm not watching any videos or anything.

2.  Do you get to make dialogue choices that impact the story(like in Mass Effect)?

3. Do you only fight zombies or do you fight humans as well? How difficult is combat? I prefer going stealth and have heard that is an option.

4. How deep is the inventory system? Do you get stronger items as the game progresses RPG style or is it just random goodies?

1) It's linear

2) there's no dialog choices, the story is already determined

3) you fight zombies and humans. Combat is pretty simple. Stealth is indeed an option.

4) Not all that deep. You've got your melee weapons which are of limited use, some guns, and some spare parts that you can craft a limited number of things out of.

Basically, the main draw of this game is the plot and it's ability to tell it's story. It's a movie. Granted, it's very good at being a movie; it's certainly better than most of the zombie movies being thrown out there these days, and as a result, they're making a movie adaptation of the game keeping the same writer so we don't get the typical hollywood bull**** where the film adaptation is related to the game in name only.

After reading your questions, I really hope you played the Fallout series.  ;)

After reading your questions, I really hope you played the Fallout series.   ;)

Of course! Those games are amazing. If only they'd make a Fallout 4...

And thanks for the answers Poke. Honestly after reading that, the game doesn't sound that appealing to me.

And thanks for the answers Poke. Honestly after reading that, the game doesn't sound that appealing to me.

It's certainly no game-of-the-year in my books, but I did enjoy their ability to tell the story. I wouldn't say skip it all-together, but maybe wait for the movie or pick it up in the bargain bin eventually.

I read an article on Destiny and thought I would share. Note: I did not play the beta and have not kept up with the game.  Also, this article says 'might be,' so take it with a grain of salt.

'Now, however, it seems we may have experienced even more of the game’s final content than we believed. The news comes from Bungie community manager Deej, who said a few things of note in a recent livechat. First, “We’ve revealed everything you’re going to explore in the first version of the game.” That’s being interpreted to mean that Earth, the moon, Venus and Mars are the only planets/moons in the game, with perhaps a bonus surprise like Jupiter or Europa to come.'

This seems to be an assumption (my note):

'Will you pay $15 three months from launch for access to another planet and a new cluster of strikes and story missions? Bungie and Activision are betting you will, and this will be how the game’s universe expands, through DLC. We may very well get up to six, seven or eight explorable planets, but we’ll have to pay to get there. The same goes for the level cap, which seems stuck at a relatively low 20 (you’re level 8 by the time the beta is over), and I have to imagine level cap increases will be a big part of future content expansions as well.'

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/07/28/bungies-destiny-might-be-smaller-than-everyone-thinks/

Of course! Those games are amazing. If only they'd make a Fallout 4...

you're a good man.  :)

Yes, we've been waiting for over 5 years now for the next installment.  WTF is Bethesda doing.  I'm on multiple Fallout fan pages on Facebook, and the community is starting to grow impatient, myself included.

Everyone should experience TLOU. I will admit it's main advantage is it's story and it's voice acting, crafting characters and a world in an extremely believable and emotionally engaging way that few, if any, video games have ever done. 

It's fairly linear but not in a complete level 1 complete level 2 way that you listed. It's linear in the same way that Uncharted is linear. That's part of what keeps the story tight and focused and where it needs to be which is something open world games can typically suffer from.  

I enjoy the combat a lot. It's fun and brutal and most of all, it's intense even in it's simplicity. Stealth is a huge part of the game. Sneaking around humans and infected because you are low on ammo is nerve-wracking.  

The game is gorgeous too and the story it tells is just beautiful. 

Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem w having to repeat voice commands for the kinect repeatedly???

I have a problem every once in a while but I'm a very light talker and I've been told I mumble. When I make it a point to speak correctly I never have any problem.

Just gotta remember when talking to Kinect to use my sexy Barry White and it's all good. 

So I played TLOU for about two hours last night. I am already hooked. The story is really compelling and the graphics are amazing. The game play is smooth and I like the fact you craft weapons and medical supplies.

It is actually a little creepier than I expected. With the "clickers" and infected in certain areas.

I really wish I didn't have to work today, because I could play all day if I was home.

Everyone should experience TLOU. I will admit it's main advantage is it's story and it's voice acting, crafting characters and a world in an extremely believable and emotionally engaging way that few, if any, video games have ever done. 

It's fairly linear but not in a complete level 1 complete level 2 way that you listed. It's linear in the same way that Uncharted is linear. That's part of what keeps the story tight and focused and where it needs to be which is something open world games can typically suffer from.  

I enjoy the combat a lot. It's fun and brutal and most of all, it's intense even in it's simplicity. Stealth is a huge part of the game. Sneaking around humans and infected because you are low on ammo is nerve-wracking.  

The game is gorgeous too and the story it tells is just beautiful. 

I agree, everyone should try this game. I didn't particularly like the combat though, but the story was worth enduring it. 

I couldn't agree more with Mama and Mufu, the Last of Us is a must play. Maybe one of the greatest games ever. I love Fallout and Skyrim, the LoU is more closely aligned with Uncharted, but even better.
The creepiness, the story, the graphics and most importantly, the combat are amazing.  However, I cannot stress this enough, the Multiplayer is straight up badass.  So new and unique compared to Battlefield and CoD (both of which I love).  I woke up at 2 am on release day just to play online.  The new maps are cool as well, but the old maps never get old.  Hard to say that about any game these days.

I like the bikes you get, they remind me of the racing bikes in Star Wars. But you say they're overpowered. I never figured out how to fire any weapons with them. Regardless, they control really well.

I didn't mind the co-op, why did you think it was boring?

And I actually found it better to find guns in the maps and not at the Last City on Earth, the better weapons aren't in the stores. The only exception is the "engrams" you find in the maps, which you take to a guy in the city and he changes it until some pretty strong weapons or armor.

As far as having to keep going back to the city, it's a MMO, so they all have a hub of some sort where all players on a server congregate. Didn't surprise me. I just wish you could trade weapons, as I had friends I was playing with that I wanted to give my lower leveled weapons to in order to help them out. Instead, I just had to dissesemble for parts.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's "retarded" (God I hate when people say that). And maybe you weren't paying attention to the story, it kinda is in the Destiny "world". Did you do any type of exploration of the city?

Doesn't sound like you played the multyplayer at all if the only vehicle you can think of is the transport bike. You should probably play it before mindlessly commenting on it. I do think the transport bike you get is a great idea and they are fun for what they are.

The snow map is the only vehicle map we got to play. The tank that you get is incredible, if I got that I didn't ever worry about dying and I could easily wreck the other teams infantry. It didn't seem like there was much the infantry could do to combat it beside snipe the driver out. Like I said before, it's probably mostly an issue of everyone being low level and not having powerful enough equipment yet.

The golden gun could take care of it in 2 shots though, although I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It could be one of the most powerful/annoying killstreaks ever.

I did explore the hub city, and there is hardly anything to it. I don't see it ever being a place where people truly congregate, because it's so useless. You can't fight, you can't really communicate with others, as far as we could tell there was no trading. It's just not a useful part of the game. Arguing that it's good because every other MMO had it before is just retarded, when all it really does is waste your time.

You not giving a **** doesnt change thats how this type of game is. Obviously its not meant for what you like to do, but it doesnt make it dumb. I dont like playing games like Last of Us, but I dont think its a dumb idea, just not my style.

Doesn't sound like you played the multyplayer at all if the only vehicle you can think of is the transport bike. You should probably play it before mindlessly commenting on it. I do think the transport bike you get is a great idea and they are fun for what they are.

The snow map is the only vehicle map we got to play. The tank that you get is incredible, if I got that I didn't ever worry about dying and I could easily wreck the other teams infantry. It didn't seem like there was much the infantry could do to combat it beside snipe the driver out. Like I said before, it's probably mostly an issue of everyone being low level and not having powerful enough equipment yet.

The golden gun could take care of it in 2 shots though, although I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It could be one of the most powerful/annoying killstreaks ever.

I did explore the hub city, and there is hardly anything to it. I don't see it ever being a place where people truly congregate, because it's so useless. You can't fight, you can't really communicate with others, as far as we could tell there was no trading. It's just not a useful part of the game. Arguing that it's good because every other MMO had it before is just retarded, when all it really does is waste your time.

I wasn't "mindlessly commenting" on it, I just didn't see anywhere in your post where you made a distinction between the Crucible and the missions. I only did two matches in the Crucible, it was somewhat entertaining but I enjoyed the missions much more. Especially the final mission in the beta, where you have to be matched up with other Guardians in order to complete it.

Again, it's not "retarded" just because you don't understand the point of it. You can greatly improve your character's gear, upgrade your ship, and did it occur to you they may not have enabled trading considering this is just a beta and none of the loot/gear you bought/found will be available to you when the game released? 

Maybe you need to stick to COD or Battlefields. Seems like those games are more of your style. 

Archived