Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Spent some time reading about Midde-earth: Shadow of Mordor this weekend and it sounds like a pretty interesting game. I like the idea of dynamic enemies that react to the world and your actions.

If they can pull off what they are saying it could be a game changer. You'd never have the same

play through. I'm going to see how the reviews go first before I check it out. I'm definitely keeping an eye on it.

Played a good bit of TLOU this weekend. Just got past the gold bridge and now down in the sewers. This honestly might be the best single player game I have played. So many different elements to the game and the story is well written. The gameplay is actually harder then I thought it would be, which is welcome surprise. It is nice too, because sometimes you have guys with guns and other times you have infected. It keeps you on your toes and never gets too stale.

Glad you are enjoying it. Can't wait to see your thoughts once you get further and have hit certain parts in the story.

Well speak of the devil....

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/05/resident-evil-2015-remake/

A remake of the REmake. I will def play this again in HD and pray this means they are open to redoing RE2 if this sells well. Holy smokes I can't believe they are listening to fans and doing this. The REmake is in my opinion the best game in the series. Available for the PC master race as well which means even better enhancements.

If they change the controls to something actually works, I'll definitely get the RE remake. Wasn't Capcom filing for bankruptcy?

haha, oh how I hate those tank controls. I tried the first REmake on the gamecube back in the day as my first Resident Evil experience, and I had to put down the controller and give it up before long, because I so despised the controls (to go along with stupid camera tricks where a zombie that is directly in your character's sight-lines is hidden from the player by a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. If it controlled more like Eternal Darkness, I could see giving it a second chance.

RE 2 on the N64 had an optional controller setting and it made the tank controls much easier. I don't remember if it was in the original or REmake. I would love to see that added

Could you expand upon that? How does one make tank controls easier if they're still tank controls?

I was talking with a buddy about long lost games that could use a new chapter. I brought up The Getaway. Legendary story/missions, but the map was too big, and the damage system was ridiculous, where if you got popped a couple times you basically had to lean on a wall for like 3 minutes. But there was no HUD, and you really had to make your shots count.

I still don't know how they fit that big ass map onto the PS2 I don't think I ever explored the whole thing. But I think a current gen  resurrection would do wonders. Could be direct competition to GTA

They are offering an updated modern control set as well as the original controls. Luckily for me I never really minded the controls. They were sometimes annoying but never enough to interfere with the game for me. The fixed camera I'm sure will remain though.

I was talking with a buddy about long lost games that could use a new chapter. I brought up The Getaway.

Was this the one set in London? I had always wanted to play that one but missed out

Could you expand upon that? How does one make tank controls easier if they're still tank controls?

I actually don't remember the details I just remember discovering an alternate control scheme that made the game much easier. But I was pretty young when I played it so who knows what the heck was going on.

Edit: Did some digging, the alternate control method basically made the controls Up-> up, right -> right, left -> left and down-> down no matter the fixed camera of whatever room or hallway you were in.

So if you walked into a room and you were facing the camera pressing down would move you across the room towards the camera and right would make you go right on camera (Leon's left in that scenario) that sounds a lot more confusing than it really was because it was very efficient compared to the standard tank controls.

The N64 joystick also was smooth as silk and made it easy to take angles and maneuver around enemies

Was this the one set in London? I had always wanted to play that one but missed out

Yup. Came out in spring of '03, and all the characters were played by live actors, with their real photos on the cover. Basically you were a well connected guy in organized crime, who's son gets kidnapped by a rival mob, on top of being framed for his wife's murder, and he's forced to do numerous hits on basically every gang in town, in order to get him back, dragging him further into ****.

His storyline is also intertwined with a rogue cop, who believes that the guy was framed, and his department may also be on the take, giving the game sort of a Tarantino-ish vibe (one torture sceneis sort of reminiscent of the one with "Mr. Orange" in Reservoir Dogs). Plenty of action, sleuthing, and stealth in that one, but certain areas can be pretty damn frustrating..... Like needlessly frustrating. But I loved it.

So just hit the 40 hour mark in Divinity Original Sin and just left the first area. I didnt really know there was a 2nd area lol so what a surprise to realize im only half way through at the most. Really an excellent game best RPG ive played in years if not really since the 90s. There is just so much to do and explore.

With Wasteland 2 coming in a month, a new POE expansion and pillars of eternity later this year im pretty much booked to the end of the year. Kind of sucks as i want to play wildstar too but just dont have the time. Also want to get a PS4 at some point for TLOU but at least with all these games i can probably just wait until a price drop. Great time to be gamer. The really awesome part is wasteland 2, D: OS, pillars of eternity, path of exile wouldnt be possible or releasing without kickstarter, crowd funding and indie developers.

I actually don't remember the details I just remember discovering an alternate control scheme that made the game much easier. But I was pretty young when I played it so who knows what the heck was going on.

Edit: Did some digging, the alternate control method basically made the controls Up-> up, right -> right, left -> left and down-> down no matter the fixed camera of whatever room or hallway you were in.

So if you walked into a room and you were facing the camera pressing down would move you across the room towards the camera and right would make you go right on camera (Leon's left in that scenario) that sounds a lot more confusing than it really was because it was very efficient compared to the standard tank controls.

The N64 joystick also was smooth as silk and made it easy to take angles and maneuver around enemies

hmm, then I may find that game to be playable. I'll have to look into it.

There is now a lot of buzz going around that the REmake is coming out to build buzz for the RE2 remake coming out September 2015. There was a screen or two leaked from a capcom rep that had the title screen and date. If this is true ill be so happy but I don't expect much or it to happen. Guess we will see.

Well just found out destiny is coming to Pc march 2015 so thats another console game i wanted that i thought wasnt coming to PC but is. That pretty much just leaves last of us that id need a console for to play.

And you can get that one for the PS3, anyways.

Or just wait for the movie to come out.

And you can get that one for the PS3, anyways.Or just wait for the movie to come out.

Ill get a PS4 eventually, but with all the games pretty much coming to PC there is no rush. It's looking more and more likely my first purchase of the next gen will be the Wii U.

Ill get a PS4 eventually, but with all the games pretty much coming to PC there is no rush. It's looking more and more likely my first purchase of the next gen will be the Wii U.

Gotta get a Wii U once Smash comes out. I still don't have one yet, but that's because I don't have any money for that. But when Smash comes out, I'll have to find the money for it.

Gotta get a Wii U once Smash comes out. I still don't have one yet, but that's because I don't have any money for that. But when Smash comes out, I'll have to find the money for it.

I never really was a Smash Brothers guy. I don't really like fighting games at all to be honest. Open world Zelda is what will eventually make me bite, I just hope by then there are more most have classics by then. Will get the Mario 3D world, wish they would give us an HD metroid side scroller. I wasn't a fan of the first person shooter metroids at all.

Oh man DayZ is coming to ps4. Being a zombie nerd since I was a kid I really think this is awesome. Now I don't have to watch people play it on twitch anymore lol.

Dean "Rocket" Hall has always said consoles were an option. They have some serious work to do though before it reaches the PS4. I got the early access when it released, played for a few hours and haven't touched it since. Development has ramped up the last month or two because they hired a lot more people, but in a game about a zombie apocalypse where the zombies are super broken and an afterthought just isn't that good. I'd say its still 6-12 months away from beta.

Dean "Rocket" Hall has always said consoles were an option. They have some serious work to do though before it reaches the PS4. I got the early access when it released, played for a few hours and haven't touched it since. Development has ramped up the last month or two because they hired a lot more people, but in a game about a zombie apocalypse where the zombies are super broken and an afterthought just isn't that good. I'd say its still 6-12 months away from beta.

Yep, I know all that already but I'm still stoked for the game. On ign it said is was most likely getting an 2014 release but I could be mistaken Zaz...

I had a blast with state of decay and from what I've seen it's some what similar

Madden 15 for $15 dollars if you have last year's version at Best buy.

Excited about it finally.  Let's start a informal league here

Is this online or in-store and how does it work?  Cause I have no problem trading in Madden 25. 

Edit:  Just looked it up, so you get $25 off and a $10 gift certificate.  Awesome promotional, gonna head out there tomorrow and hook it up.

Is this online or in-store and how does it work?  Cause I have no problem trading in Madden 25. 

only in store. 

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/08/09/madden-15-deal-cuts-price-to-15-with-madden-25-trade-in/

I am thinking about buying 15 just to do this deal but that was cost me about $40 to do so i would only save about 15 bucks

Archived