Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I need more info on the silent hill pic. That doesn't seem real...

I'm downloading the demo now :) gonna wait until late tonight to play it by myself in the dark. reviews are saying the demo for the new silent Hill is a lot more scary than Outlast.

Main character is played by walking dead's Norman Reedus. The demo itself is actually a "trailer" that ends with your player arriving at the beginning of the game, whenever it releases.

This game is a Playstation 4 exclusive, for now.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/12/5996537/silent-hill-ps4-hideo-kojima-guillermo-del-toro

I was strictly addressing multyplayer gameplay.  The pace or "FPS style" that all these new releases are going for are extremely similar.  There is nothing wrong with a fast paced FPS experience, I've thoroughly enjoyed games like Quake, UT, and tribes.  I just find it a shame that all these developers are doing the same thing at the same time.  A slower paced tactical shooter like R6:Siege should be a great change of pace now.

Is your idea of variety in the FPS genre  a "live" marketplace/hub vs a menu that executes them same task in a more effecient manner?  I hope not, considering everything else Destiny should be bringing to the table.

I like my variety to be in the actual gameplay, not how I shop for my character's boots.

Fair enough. I haven't played a shooter in a long time because they have all felt the same to me more or less.

I'm downloading the demo now :) gonna wait until late tonight to play it by myself in the dark. reviews are saying the demo for the new silent Hill is a lot more scary than Outlast.

Main character is played by walking dead's Norman Reedus. The demo itself is actually a "trailer" that ends with your player arriving at the beginning of the game, whenever it releases.

This game is a Playstation 4 exclusive, for now.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/12/5996537/silent-hill-ps4-hideo-kojima-guillermo-del-toro

Well there is a reason the devs were joking around saying that a pre-order bonus would be a spare pair of pants.

Yup! Playstation wins yet again. Tomb Raider or silent Hill? Silent Hill, please. XBros can keep their exclusive tomb raider lol. (My monthly d-bag Xbox comment)

Playstation got the last Tomb Raider for free a year or so ago, it was okay at best. Silent Hill will easily be a GOTY nominee

Reading up on it, it does sound pretty fantastic.

I'll download it later when I can.

It's disappointing the full game will likely be completely different and may not even be in 1st person like PT is. But if this is as scary as people are making it out to be, I'm sure they will be able to put something together that's great even if it's not the same as PT.

PS4 adding share Play where you can let a friend play any dual shock 4 compatible PS4 game that you own. The person can only share play it for 60 minutes at a time but there is no limit on the number of times they can play it.

That's pretty fantastic, I was very happy when this was a big part of the initial XB1 concept and marketing. It will be a great way to trial a friends game and see if you want to purchase or experience certain parts that you might have an interest in.

You can even share and play co-op or "local" multiplayer with the original owner sharing with you. I'm excited to see this rolled out

Has there even been mention of it being exclusive? I have seen nothing.

Don't think anything has been said officially on it.

Man, with the way Kojima can weave a life altering narrative filled with compelling, fleshed out  characters and beautiful cinematography, coupled with the darkness/fright factor, sort of quaint sorrow and grittyness of Del Toro, and Norman Reedus giving the protagonist some "Mmph" (for the first time ever), I can honestly say, prepare to have your mind and your eyes ****ed. Hard.

That is a perfect match. Couldn't get anymore perfect than that. Dream Team.

Reading up on it, it does sound pretty fantastic.

I'll download it later when I can.

It's disappointing the full game will likely be completely different and may not even be in 1st person like PT is. But if this is as scary as people are making it out to be, I'm sure they will be able to put something together that's great even if it's not the same as PT.

I want to play it so bad but I have the One.

If you get it, make sure you look around everywhere. I read that there are little things kind of hidden throughout the demo that will freak you out

ex:a ghostly figure in the balcony but only seen if you look up at a certain point.

I watched a walkthrough and there's a part where there's a radio broadcast and a voice is heard in the background saying "look behind you" and the guy playing just stands there listening to the broadcast. Im sitting there like "WHY AREN'T YOU TURNING AROUND?" lol.

Can't wait to see the all new Otherworld cinematic. Knowing Del Toro, its probably going to be all kinds of ****ed up lol. But I'm just as interested in seeing how they do the Fogworld, and how they capture the eery-ness and hopelessness like the first 3 games did.

Or if they completely forge their own path. I'm a fan of their work enough to trust them if they tinker with stuff. But man, I cannot wait. When's the planned release date? I'm guessing early '15?

PS4 adding share Play where you can let a friend play any dual shock 4 compatible PS4 game that you own. The person can only share play it for 60 minutes at a time but there is no limit on the number of times they can play it.

That's pretty fantastic, I was very happy when this was a big part of the initial XB1 concept and marketing. It will be a great way to trial a friends game and see if you want to purchase or experience certain parts that you might have an interest in.

You can even share and play co-op or "local" multiplayer with the original owner sharing with you. I'm excited to see this rolled out

When you say local multiplayer, do the two PS4s have to be linked together, in the same house?  Or can you share online via your internet connection?  My bro-in-law lives an hour and a half away, could we share games over the internet that way?

Yup! Playstation wins yet again. Tomb Raider or silent Hill? Silent Hill, please. XBros can keep their exclusive tomb raider lol. (My monthly d-bag Xbox comment)

Playstation got the last Tomb Raider for free a year or so ago, it was okay at best. Silent Hill will easily be a GOTY nominee

Sorry man it's not exclusive. Just the playable demo is. Tomb raider also it just a timed exclusive, it will come to PS4 and PC at some point.

*Edit* Actually Silent Hills might be exclusive as it's being published by Sony but nothing concrete has been said. Tomb Raider def is not though. Xbone only threw out a pile of cash to make it timed exclusive because it launches right next to the new Uncharted so not a big loss for PS fans anyways.

Throw Resident Evil HD Remake onto that list too.

Yes! I loved the first two Resident Evil's.

I can still vividly remember one of the very first cut scenes in the original RE.

Opening the door inside of the mansion to find a kneeling zombie munching on some poor dude and it turns and looks at you like you're it's next snack *Shiver*, That may have been the moment that I fell in love with those types of games actually.

Archived