Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

When you say local multiplayer, do the two PS4s have to be linked together, in the same house? Or can you share online via your internet connection? My bro-in-law lives an hour and a half away, could we share games over the internet that way?

Yeah that's the idea, to share with someone far away and you can both play. No linked PS4s needed. They describe it as a "virtual couch". No word yet actually on playing a shared game solo I must have misread the earlier piece

“PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game—even when they don’t own a copy of it. With this first-of-its-kind feature, you’ll be able to play games with a friend just as if you were together in the same room. Let’s say that with games… you’ll be able to invite your friend online to play against the Miami Heat for the championship as the San Antonio Spurs in NBA2K, tackle the challenging Towerfall Ascension Quest Mode together, or aide, heal, and protect you as Igniculus in Child of Light’s local co-op mode.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/08/12/sonys-wants-you-on-its-virtual-couch-with-share-play-on-ps/

Also

UPDATE (2:27pm): A Sony representative reached out to explain that Famitsu's interpretation of this quote was incorrect. Says Sony: "In Share Play, the visitor (the one who doesn't own the game) takes over the host (the one who owns the game)'s account, so the visitor cannot save their play data onto their own account."

Note that because SharePlay is basically the streaming of gameplay between 2 PS4s, it stands to reason that whoever is lending their game will basically be lending both their game AND their PS4. If your friend wants to borrow a game for an hour or so, it means you won't be able to use your PS4 during that time – unless it's to assist, disrupt, or just plain troll your friend.

http://kotaku.com/how-digital-game-sharing-on-the-ps4-will-work-1621424897

Is there an Otherworld/Fogworld?

I never really played the past SH's (if that's what those refer to), so I'm not the best one to be asking. But here's a short description from a website..

"When the demo begins, players find themselves in a small room with an unlocked door. Exit the room through the door and make your way around the corner and through the door at the end of the hall and down the stairs. Pass through the door at the bottom of the staircase to re-enter the hallway and begin a new "loop"."

And that's pretty much all it is, over and over (hence the "loop"). Then a door that usually opens, doesn't. And there's a task you have to complete in order to continue, which is usually followed by something terrifying. As you progress, some different scenes start to happen, but it's all of the same hallway. There are no weapons/combat action, just finding your way through this hallway of horror.

Graphics are amaaaaaazing. Best i've seen from the next gen so far.

Playing it now, what the **** is going on. Several moments where I'm covered in goosebumps and cold chills down my spine. ****!

Can you get out of the house?  Cause I have no idea what I'm doing.

Edit:  Just read STB's post above.  I quit when the door that always opens wouldn't open.  But graphics are tight.  That baby's babbling/noises creeped me out.

I suggest finding a walkthrough to help you out, I got stuck quite a few times. Still cant figure out how to reach the end. I said **** it.

Ya, I'm stuck at the end (was stuck many times before that as well). Some say you need a mic for the last part. I'm gonna try it again this mornong

Not to give anything away, but for folks that have played the PT, I feel like each time through that door, I'm a little closer to hell. The people who are making this game have a screw loose.

I never really played the past SH's (if that's what those refer to), so I'm not the best one to be asking. But here's a short description from a website..

"When the demo begins, players find themselves in a small room with an unlocked door. Exit the room through the door and make your way around the corner and through the door at the end of the hall and down the stairs. Pass through the door at the bottom of the staircase to re-enter the hallway and begin a new "loop"."

And that's pretty much all it is, over and over (hence the "loop"). Then a door that usually opens, doesn't. And there's a task you have to complete in order to continue, which is usually followed by something terrifying. As you progress, some different scenes start to happen, but it's all of the same hallway. There are no weapons/combat action, just finding your way through this hallway of horror.

Graphics are amaaaaaazing. Best i've seen from the next gen so far.

Sounds like Otherworld.

And for those wondering about the view, SH has always, for the most part, been tps, but several have also been tps using several different angles in any given section

Archived