Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Yeah, you can watch TV on a one. I said before I thought I was too busy and tired to deal with gaming when I got home, so an entertainment system ie one would be good. I also see though searching online that you can use external drives. Is that for original consoles too or is that for newer upgraded consoles? Guessing it's for all.

The more I think about it the more I learn towards one. I think things might get pretty busy here soon so something entertainment wise for me to watch TV one would be nice. How is watching TV on one p? Is it worth the 400?

Finally upgraded to a PS4 after watching the E3 presentations- was far to giddy watching AC Unity and Arkham Knight, and felt the time was right. Question for PS4 owners: anyone play/purchase Infamous Second Son? and was it worth the price of admission?

Admittedly, i could never truly embrace the first two Infamous' on PS3, so I'm slightly skeptical/ However, it does appear interesting, and i'd like to purchase a legitimate current-gen game( i have MGS V and Watch dogs, both cross-gen games) thoughts?

I have not, but would like to.  I just have too many games and not enough time. I'm currently playing Watch Dogs, The Show and BF4 to death. I was very tempted to get it but couldn't justify the time. I've heard its a great game though.

I love Watch Dogs. Great game.

Finally upgraded to a PS4 after watching the E3 presentations- was far to giddy watching AC Unity and Arkham Knight, and felt the time was right. Question for PS4 owners: anyone play/purchase Infamous Second Son? and was it worth the price of admission?

Admittedly, i could never truly embrace the first two Infamous' on PS3, so I'm slightly skeptical/ However, it does appear interesting, and i'd like to purchase a legitimate current-gen game( i have MGS V and Watch dogs, both cross-gen games) thoughts?

I really enjoyed Infamous (beat it 3 times) and am looking forward to the standalone DLC coming out.  It's an extremely polished game with fantastic visuals.  While it's not as massive in scope as some other open world games (GTAV) there is still plenty to do and see.

I am playing Wolfenstein right now and just got Metal Gear Solid for $20 off Amazon. Wolfenstein is a ton of fun. It is not going to win game of the year, but I am really enjoying it. Plus, you get to mow down Nazis.

Also, I am buying one of those white controllers as soon as they are for sale. I don't need it, but I want it.

How is watching TV on one p? Is it worth the 400?

Well I love it, it's very seamlessly integrated and all the One menus are easy to use and find what you need quickly. I snap Tv all the time too while I'm doing other stuff on the One. If that's something you think you'd be interested in, then go for it. Otherwise, it's just really convenient being able to pretty effortlessly go from games to netflix to TV etc in a couple seconds.

Well I love it, it's very seamlessly integrated and all the One menus are easy to use and find what you need quickly. I snap Tv all the time too while I'm doing other stuff on the One. If that's something you think you'd be interested in, then go for it. Otherwise, it's just really convenient being able to pretty effortlessly go from games to netflix to TV etc in a couple seconds.

But you need the Kinect to do that right?

Even better.

Honestly, I'd never actually done that before without Kinect though I knew you could so I went and tried it. No worries, it's still pretty easy. Select 'Snap' on the side of the dashboard and it pops a list of your apps, digital games etc so you just pick one and go.

I found this article too about what you lose without the Kinect. I think it's pretty fair

http://www.shacknews.com/article/84506/xbox-one-will-non-kinect-users-miss-out

I am playing Wolfenstein right now and just got Metal Gear Solid for $20 off Amazon. Wolfenstein is a ton of fun. It is not going to win game of the year, but I am really enjoying it. Plus, you get to mow down Nazis.

Also, I am buying one of those white controllers as soon as they are for sale. I don't need it, but I want it.

I am enjoying Wolfenstien as well. Nice to be able to just turn it on and go to work..

Looking forward to Sniper Elite 3 coming out on July 1st. Will prob be returning a few games to pick that up.

I bought a PS4.

Was it worth it? Not really,

Are there any games that have been released that have justified my purchase? Not really.

Would I have rather bought an XBONE? Not really.

Have I seen any game footage for any upcoming game that has blown me away? Not really. Maybe The Division. But...ehhh.

Cause I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest tech (as long as it isn't made by Apple).

I like your style.  Apple blows.  :)

Yeah I don't blame you, its nice having the latest and greatest.  There are some really good games out right now, though.  MLB The Show 2014, Battlefield 4 (when it works), Watch Dogs, NBA 2K14.

Crazy, but I really haven't had too many issues with BF4. The biggest issue I've had is that on 2 occasions, I started playing and realized that all my weapon power ups were gone, I started at the beginning. But, I restarted and then everything was back to normal.
I've read horror stories online, I've been lucky I guess.

Crazy, but I really haven't had too many issues with BF4. The biggest issue I've had is that on 2 occasions, I started playing and realized that all my weapon power ups were gone, I started at the beginning. But, I restarted and then everything was back to normal.

I've read horror stories online, I've been lucky I guess.

Oh, I'm in the same boat.  Since the early updates (I'm talkin' November/December), BF4 has worked fine for me.  I play 3-4 days a week, and haven't had a game freeze since February.  Gameplay is smooth, finding games is easy, lag isn't that bad usually.  Every now and then I'll be a good five feet behind cover and still get killed, but nothing that pisses me off at all.

I too have read the horror stories online, guess we're the lucky ones.  Playing on PS4 probably has a lot to do with it working well for us, too.  ;)

Archived