Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I loved last year's Madden but I sure as heck won't believe any screen or video put out by EA again. This is how Griffin looked in the promotion screens for Madden 25 last year and in game looked nothing alike. 

final_4_watermarked-620x350.jpg

Then again, this was Kaep in Madden 25 images so he has come a long way compared to even their "fake" image of Griffin last year. You can see the level of detail difference in their promos opposed to what is really in the game below. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Haven't bought madden in 3 years, kind of disappoints me cause I used to get every year, but I got tired of EA putting out crap every year. I play nba 2k then I play madden, and just can't figure out why madden cant be better.

Well football is a much harder game to simulate for one being that there are 22 players running, blocking, colliding etc in each play where basketball only has 10. The degree of difficulty in the AI needed is probably astounding. 

Also, we notice the little things in football more as the graphics have gotten better and better. Madden 95 and Madden 99 are my two favorites after 2005 and those games were far from realistic but I didnt care because I had a blast playing. It didn't bother me then if the blocking wasn't right or the ball went through a players chest when he caught or tackling animations consisted of falling flat on your face dead every time it because l was happy to have 11 on 11 football fun. We're much more deserving and demanding of our video games now.

Having said that, Madden has been a huge disappointment to me from 06-12 but I was pleasantly surprised with 13 and the new physics system and I have loved 25. It's the best Madden since 2005 IMO and is a very worthy sports title to play and own. 

There are definitely things Madden deserves to be criticized for and ways it can improve, IE dynamic halftime or weekly recap shows with highlights of other games, exciting commentary like 2k14 or Fifa that actually keeps up with the play and speaks to what is happening during the season, trades, hot streaks etc, stop taking out features then adding them back years later as new features lol. 

Still, I think Madden is on the upswing. I'm excited for 15. 

^^ I really enjoy all the extra features and whistles the One brings to the table. It's really nice snapping TV while I'm doing other things and once some of my buddies step up and get a One, I'll be sloping with them. I also enjoy the TV benefits and commanding the everything withy voice.

Video game wise, they are both powerful and are going to put to great games, you can't really go wrong with either

Can you do that with the 399 version? I was at Tysons today playing around with both consoles, the PS4 one was a bit awkward at first but I got used to it. The One was so great controller wise and the graphics to me pretty much looked the same degree of mindblowing. 

I kind of said earlier I wasn't interested in the extra features, but watching TV on the One seems cool. I'll have to do more research into that feature though. Ugh, I wish the display at Tysons was working. I could play FIFA, and they had all these one's set up, but the cable wasn't working. 

Can you do that with the 399 version? I was at Tysons today playing around with both consoles, the PS4 one was a bit awkward at first but I got used to it. The One was so great controller wise and the graphics to me pretty much looked the same degree of mindblowing. 

I kind of said earlier I wasn't interested in the extra features, but watching TV on the One seems cool. I'll have to do more research into that feature though. Ugh, I wish the display at Tysons was working. I could play FIFA, and they had all these one's set up, but the cable wasn't working. 

Just buy both lol.  That's probably what I'm going to end up doing too.

The One has better games right now, but I thought Microsoft's exclusives were so weak last time that I can't bring myself to raise my expectations. I mean, even now, the 360 has Titanfall so I'm in no rush.

I have a PS4 but don't play it much because I'm too broke to buy any games for it. The hardware is amazing though and the free games you get through PS+ are amazing. Sadly, my subscription lapsed because, again, I'm broke right now.

Apparently, Microsoft is now admitting that by requiring the Kinect initially is was handicapping itself graphically against the PS4.

Wow.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/06/06/the-xbox-one-is-getting-a-graphics-upgrade/

Developers will now have access to GPU bandwidth previously reserved for the Kinect, which might go at least some of the way to shoring up the Xbox One’s performance gap with the PS4.

“Yes, the additional resources allow access to up to 10 percent additional GPU performance,” a Microsoft representative told Eurogamer. “We’re committed to giving developers new tools and flexibility to make their Xbox One games even better by giving them the option to use the GPU reserve in whatever way is best for them and their games.”

I primarily play console for sports games, so I might just end up getting a PS4 just for MLB The Show. Does the One need a Kinect to watch TV on it? 

You talking about regular ass TV or streaming (netflix, hulu, vudu, etc.)?  Cause I didn't think you could watch regular TV on either system.

You talking about regular ass TV or streaming (netflix, hulu, vudu, etc.)? Cause I didn't think you could watch regular TV on either system.

You can watch TV on the one. It has an HDMI IN specifically for TV. Xbox live has also had a Fios app for years now that you could watch basic TV on over Wifi.

HBO GO is on the One.

You can watch TV on the one. It has an HDMI IN specifically for TV. Xbox live has also had a Fios app for years now that you could watch basic TV on over Wifi.

HBO GO is on the One.

****, that is pretty cool actually.  So if you have DirectTV, you plug your HDMI cable "out" from their DVR receiver and the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI input on the Xbox One?  Are you able to see the same DirectTV interface and watch what you recorded?  Or is it limited?

No Kinect needed right?

****, that is pretty cool actually. So if you have DirectTV, you plug your HDMI cable "out" from their DVR receiver and the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI input on the Xbox One? Are you able to see the same DirectTV interface and watch what you recorded? Or is it limited?

No Kinect needed right?

You plug the DirecTV or cable box HDMI that usually goes into the TV into the back of the Xbox instead.

You can then select watch tv on the Xbox and it has the same Directv/cable interface/guide that you normally would. You can even use your regular cable remote. When you turn the Xbox on/off the cable box powers on/off too.

There is also a custom xbox guide where you can set favorite channels etc. You can snap TV while playing games or doing other Apps and things as well and switch back and forth between the two screens.

You can do all this without a kinect too, however with the kinect you can voice command to change the channel ie Watch TNT or ESPN2 etc

You plug the DirecTV or cable box HDMI that usually goes into the TV into the back of the Xbox instead.

You can then select watch tv on the Xbox and it has the same Directv/cable interface/guide that you normally would. You can even use your regular cable remote. When you turn the Xbox on/off the cable box powers on/off too.

There is also a custom xbox guide where you can set favorite channels etc. You can snap TV while playing games or doing other Apps and things as well and switch back and forth between the two screens.

You can do all this without a kinect too, however with the kinect you can voice command to change the channel ie Watch TNT or ESPN2 etc

Ok, maybe I was wrong about not caring for all the Xbox One bells/whistles lol.  I am pretty sure I'm gonna eventually buy one and have both consoles.  This **** is pretty sweet though.  I don't care that much about voice commands, I get pissed off in my car trying to get them to work just to call my wife on blue-tooth lol.

Archived