Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

In the settings turn instant resume on. Some games that require an internet connection don't work like NBA2k14 your xbox will lose connection with he 2k server and you will be timed out. Forza, Watch Dogs and most other games I have work wonderfully. As soon you play a different game your xbox will replace it with that so its not like you can Play Forza pause mid race then jump into Watch Dogs your Forza will start completley over, Other apps have no effect on the instant resume.

Settings, then Power & Start Up then Select resume games quickly. Once I press the power button or say XBOX ON it takes 15 seconds for the xbox to boot up and you instantly in the last game you played.

Watch Dogs...

It got me. Still haven't played online yet and I am having so much fun playing that game. I only play it like an hour or two at a time, but that is a lot for me. 

I couldn't complete that tracking mission though. They hacked me and I couldn't find the bum. So I went in my menu and turned online invasions off. I don't want any parts of that right now lol

I keep getting this NAT error when I try to play online now. Nothing has changed on my router/network and I can connect in other games ok this weekend. Not sure what's up with that.

Prior to that problem I was hacked once and found the guy at 92% and I was caught but escaped on my two hack attempts. It's pretty hard

I've beaten 4 of the tablet challenges where you race to reach checkpoints in time while somebody on a tablet is in a helicopter and sending police after you and hacks the road to wreck you.

That was pretty easy actually.

yeah man, "dem uncharteds though."  sexy as hell. 

like, no bull****, i remember first playing uncharted 3, i stopped to look around at the scenery and the graphics, I was like "wow, this is beautiful."

Yeah, regardless of system affiliation, everybody should play at least the first 2 Uncharted's. 3 was good too, but the first 2 are a gaming masterpiece.

Haven't heard great things about Beyond: Two Souls.

Neither have I, but I'm still going t play it and will judge for myself. The only thing from the ign review that bothered me was that it seemed like the gamepllay was considerably les interactive than Heavy Rain, which  in most instances, you couldn't blink without missing a valuable clue or an action/conversation that could alter the storyline.

If Beyond: 2 Souls isn't like that, then it will indeed be a tough one to get through.

The theatrical/artistic element that modern gaming presents should never, ever ever ever, ever ever ever, take precedent over actual gameplay.

I agree, Uncharted 1 and 2 were really great games.  Three lost me a little.  I got 3 first and played half way through, then saw 1 and 2 on sale together, so I got them. The stories were so cool.  Nazi's and Yeti's.  Doesn't get any better. 

Watch Dogs...

It got me. Still haven't played online yet and I am having so much fun playing that game. I only play it like an hour or two at a time, but that is a lot for me.

I couldn't complete that tracking mission though. They hacked me and I couldn't find the bum. So I went in my menu and turned online invasions off. I don't want any parts of that right now lol

If you're getting hacked check rooftops too. Hacked a guy successfully for the first time yesterday by hacking him from the roof, and sitting there laughing as he ran around under me killing random citizens. He was completely oblivious to me being about 10 feet above him.

If you're getting hacked check rooftops too. Hacked a guy successfully for the first time yesterday by hacking him from the roof, and sitting there laughing as he ran around under me killing random citizens. He was completely oblivious to me being about 10 feet above him.

Yeah. I think my hack was the generic one when you try to do the mission where your the driver, I narrowed it down, but I could never find the bum. 

The One was still 499 when I checked at Target yesterday but I didn't look hard enough at whether it had the Kinect or not. It doesn't matter, it was sold out there anyway. 

I think I might get a PS4 just because it's a better technical machine. I don't care about the extras. I got an HDTV which was a Smart TV but I barely use the "Smart" online functions  :lol: A machine that plays games is good enough for me.

The Xbox One, without Kinect, will begin being sold on June 9th. I traded in my PS3, Wii, and a slew of games I was no longer playing and was able to pre-order it for half the price at Gamestop. (After getting an iPad Air, that was the only way my wife was agreeing to this.) 

My decision to get the One over PS4 was motivated by the fact that most of the games I like to play are multi-platform, and although Sony has more exclusives, I've enjoyed Microsoft's more. Plus all my friends who I play online with are going with XOne as well. I'll get the PS4 next year, which is shaping up to be a good year with all the most hyped games getting delayed into 2015. 

Someone else mentioned controllers and I can't agree more about how important they are to the gaming experience. I hated the PS3 controller. I have big hands, and with the thumbsticks being right beside each other I was constantly hitting my thumbs against one another. I hear the PS4 controller has corrected this and is more spaced out. 

Neither have I, but I'm still going t play it and will judge for myself. The only thing from the ign review that bothered me was that it seemed like the gamepllay was considerably les interactive than Heavy Rain, which  in most instances, you couldn't blink without missing a valuable clue or an action/conversation that could alter the storyline.

If Beyond: 2 Souls isn't like that, then it will indeed be a tough one to get through.

The theatrical/artistic element that modern gaming presents should never, ever ever ever, ever ever ever, take precedent over actual gameplay.

I enjoyed Beyond:Two Souls more than Heavy Rain, yet I feel Heavy Rain was a better game. Don't know if that makes sense or not but I'll try to explain. I think Beyond has a superior story, but Heavy Rain was the perfect example of what Quantum Dreams tries to accomplish with their games. 

There is one part in Beyond where the main character has to use the entity to defend herself against a mini army in this little town. It was awesome. I could play that part of the game every day and never get tired of it. 

I enjoyed Beyond:Two Souls more than Heavy Rain, yet I feel Heavy Rain was a better game. Don't know if that makes sense or not but I'll try to explain. I think Beyond has a superior story, but Heavy Rain was the perfect example of what Quantum Dreams tries to accomplish with their games. 

There is one part in Beyond where the main character has to use the entity to defend herself against a mini army in this little town. It was awesome. I could play that part of the game every day and never get tired of it. 

Sounds pretty fun. Can't wait

Just a note that the EA Sports UFC game that someone posted a video of a couple pages back has a demo out today for the XB1 and PS4

I'm downloading now

The demo is pretty cool. I keep getting absolutely manhandled though, once I get taken to the mat I'm there for the rest of the match. Lost on submission 3 times and lost consciousness in a choke hold one other.

It doesn't help when I finally escape and dude just lays there on his back kicking his legs and won't stand up.

The graphics look great too. You can see in real time gameplay back and leg muscles pop and flex when their legs plant or see the ripples in their skin when they get punched. The sweat and blood flies off them when hit too and smears onto the other fighter during grapples. All this is clearly visible in real time which is awesome,

Just a note that the EA Sports UFC game that someone posted a video of a couple pages back has a demo out today for the XB1 and PS4

I'm downloading now

Dang, I wish I knew. Would have downloaded it last night. :(

The UFC demo is great. I keep getting destroyed as well. I think the main reason its so hard is the complexity of it. There are soooo many moves, and counter moves you have to know.

Yeah, that's how the old UFC game was too. It is a lot of controls that you have to know. I still couldn't remember everything lol. 

Now, back to Watch Dogs lol...

I finally played online decryption with my nephew and his pal from school. It didn't disappoint. So much fun and laughs in those two games we played lol

Battlefield Hardline (cops and robbers) looks interesting.  I would usually be against such a change in a series known for large scale combat, but the trailer looked interesting, and smaller scaled combat with objectives suits consoles better.  It looks like more of a Mod that some BF enthusiasts would create.  I'm open to anything at this point, BF4 was pretty disapointing for me.

If you have a 360 and have Gold , you can go and "buy" the free Xbox One games each month (this month it's the Max and Halo games). That way, when you do upgrade to the One they will be there for you to download (as long as you maintain the Gold membership).

This is a great perk for anyone who is planning to upgrade to the One but maybe not for a few months or more. You'll have a bunch of free games by the time you do get the One.

:)

edit..not sure if I was clear, you have to buy the free games through the website (it won't be on your 360).

Battlefield Hardline (cops and robbers) looks interesting.  I would usually be against such a change in a series known for large scale combat, but the trailer looked interesting, and smaller scaled combat with objectives suits consoles better.  It looks like more of a Mod that some BF enthusiasts would create.  I'm open to anything at this point, BF4 was pretty disapointing for me.

Dang man, I dunno.  Hopefully they'll put out a demo for it so I can give it a whirl without dropping $60.

I agree that it almost seems like a modded version of BF, almost looks low budget (i know its still in development).  Not sure how I feel about the change though.  Sure, it'll be something new and fresh, but as you said, I love Battlefield for being Battlefield.  massive scale warfare with dozens of people going at it. 

I'm sure we'll see more at E3, but for now, color me skeptical

Dang man, I dunno.  Hopefully they'll put out a demo for it so I can give it a whirl without dropping $60.

I agree that it almost seems like a modded version of BF, almost looks low budget (i know its still in development).  Not sure how I feel about the change though.  Sure, it'll be something new and fresh, but as you said, I love Battlefield for being Battlefield.  massive scale warfare with dozens of people going at it. 

I'm sure we'll see more at E3, but for now, color me skeptical

Yeah, if anything the single player should be more fun than the last couple in the series.

I liked the look of all of the civilian cars, trucks, and motorcycles.  a grand theft auto feel + proper FPS aiming and gun control is kinda exciting. 

Whatever they end up doing, just don't release ANOTHER broken game like BF4.  If they are still working on the netcode 6 months after release I'll probably refuse to buy another BF game ever again.

Archived