Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

No, it was more of a slow paced surveillance game than anything else....and miami may not have been in the title, I just remember palm trees and pink sunset on the box art and a bunch of ugly colored houses in the game.

You'd just have a static image to represent each location and would follow people around to establish connections between people. Everyone had their own schedule. You also had a roster of other detective you could assign to follow other people.

LOL, I've been trying to find this game for about 15 years.

Did you see that Revolution brought back Broken Sword (and returned it to it's point-and-click roots after diverging for 3 & 4)?

And then there's also the Two Guys From Andromeda making a spiritual successor to Space Quest with SpaceVenture (I think Activision now owns Space Quest)

Yeah, I'm still deep into the Adventure game scene. I highly recommend Heroine's Quest. It's free on steam and from their site and plays a lot like Quest for Glory. It's a fantastic throwback to the Sierra Games and very lengthy with all hand painted backgrounds. They also put out another free game back in 2007 called A Tale of Two Kingdoms which is free from their site. Easily two of the best adventure games i've played since the glory days of point and click adventures.

I'm passing on it. Over the whole open world genre for the most part myself.

I played Infamous for all of 3 days.

This is kinda how I feel. My friends who I play online on 360 with, are all buying the Kinect-less Xbox One next month and they've all decided to play this game. I'm the only one who can't seem to find any interest in it. I've tried to change that. I've looked at youtube videos of the gameplay, read up on the different online modes, I just don't feel any type of excitement for this...and I work with computers for a living, so you would think hacking stuff in a game would draw me in. 

This is kinda how I feel. My friends who I play online on 360 with, are all buying the Kinect-less Xbox One next month and they've all decided to play this game. I'm the only one who can't seem to find any interest in it. I've tried to change that. I've looked at youtube videos of the gameplay, read up on the different online modes, I just don't feel any type of excitement for this...and I work with computers for a living, so you would think hacking stuff in a game would draw me in. 

Its just too simple. Hold down square is a majority of it. And what do you do with computers? If you dont mind me asking, just curious.

Had a chance to actually touch a ONE controller today and it's pretty comfortable. Very comfortable in fact. I didn't get a chance to touch the PS4 one because it was still in its packaging. 

Given all the issues plaguing the XB One, you got to admit they made a really nice controller. Now I can't decide again which to get. PS4 is a really, really powerful machine though, and ONE pretty much admitted they were going more for the broad entertainment angle than making a powerful machine like PS4. 

I'd have to touch the PS4 controller out of packaging, and do more hands on testing. It's too hard to decide  :lol:

Had a chance to actually touch a ONE controller today and it's pretty comfortable. Very comfortable in fact. I didn't get a chance to touch the PS4 one because it was still in its packaging. 

Given all the issues plaguing the XB One, you got to admit they made a really nice controller. Now I can't decide again which to get. PS4 is a really, really powerful machine though, and ONE pretty much admitted they were going more for the broad entertainment angle than making a powerful machine like PS4. 

I'd have to touch the PS4 controller out of packaging, and do more hands on testing. It's too hard to decide  :lol:

I don't know if the deciding factor would be the controller lol.  But more so the games coming out, specifically the exclusive games.  For me, I usually only play games available for both platforms.  My sis and bro in law and majority of my friends went PS4, so it was a pretty easy choice for me.  

Also, even if my family and all my friends went Xbox One, at the time, I'd still probably have gone PS4 because Microsoft tried to shove the Kinect down my throat for an extra 100 bucks, with no option to buy the console without it.  That's a lot of money, roughly an extra controller and game.  

But Xbox is focusing on all the media aspects (bells and whistles) right now, and all that stuff doesn't matter to me.  I don't need to tell my gaming system to turn on and off.  At the end of the day, I still have to manually get up and change game discs.

I have $100 in gift cards to Game Stop though, which I'm holding on to for a while.  I may eventually buy an Xbox One.  Hoping to hold out a while longer and see if they have a price drop because they are getting crushed in sales.

Many of the games I'm interested in are sports games which are available for both platforms (other than MLB The Show). PS4 is a stronger machine than the One for 100 less. My concern is about controller battery life, I am leaning towards a PS4 right now but a XBONE isn't that bad either. Maybe I will get both  :lol:

Many of the games I'm interested in are sports games which are available for both platforms (other than MLB The Show). PS4 is a stronger machine than the One for 100 less. My concern is about controller battery life, I am leaning towards a PS4 right now but a XBONE isn't that bad either. Maybe I will get both  :lol:

I honestly wouldn't buy both if I were you. I have both and my ps4 just collects dust. Not because I don't want to play it but because all of my friends have the One and with the exception of the Show there simply isn't an exclusive at the moment worth having one over the either. With that said I would most likely go with the ps4 right now and I'm an xbox guy.

Apparently some are unaware. You can now get the Xbox One for the same price as the PS4, without the Kinect of course. So price doesn't come into play anymore. You can now decide best on purely games you want to play and on each systems on merits.

I'm tempted to get both systems, but agree I probably won't have time to play both.

Apparently some are unaware. You can now get the Xbox One for the same price as the PS4, without the Kinect of course. So price doesn't come into play anymore. You can now decide best on purely games you want to play and on each systems on merits.

I'm tempted to get both systems, but agree I probably won't have time to play both.

Not sure who it was directed at, but I'm fully aware of the price drop.  I was telling Ix, that when I bought mine the price was a deciding factor along with other things mentioned.  Of course now, pricing is the same (unless you want the kinect) for the base models.  

It's something Microsoft should have offered at launch anyhow.  Outside the fanboys for either system, there are those of us who like both and make decisions on which one to purchase (assuming you don't buy both immediately).  The Kinect doesn't do it for me, and while all the media bells/whistles are nice, not a selling point for me.  Pricing had a lot to do with it, when I bought the PS4.

Both are great systems imo.  I've owned both platforms since their existence, until now and still may end up getting an Xbox One further down the line.  Nothing is jumping out at me screaming "I HAVE TO HAVE AN XBOX ONE!!" as far as games go.  Sure, Titanfall is awesome, it's also a FPS and awesome on ultra graphics on my PC.  

I've always owned the PS first, then gotten an Xbox later, usually after Christmas (gift cards/money).  Like you said, owning both, I'm not going to have enough time to play both, especially since I'm a PC gamer too.  I found myself buying games for my Xbox 360 that were cross platform, just so I would utilize the 360 more.  Also, I found myself wasting money buying games on both platforms so I could play online against my friends depending what system they went with.  Huge money sink.  

Nobody forced me to buy CoD Black Ops II on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, but I look back now and it was a waste of money.  With that said, I'll probably not learn my lesson and will still buy an Xbox One by the end of the year or beginning of 2015 lol.

The One was still 499 when I checked at Target yesterday but I didn't look hard enough at whether it had the Kinect or not. It doesn't matter, it was sold out there anyway. 

I think I might get a PS4 just because it's a better technical machine. I don't care about the extras. I got an HDTV which was a Smart TV but I barely use the "Smart" online functions  :lol: A machine that plays games is good enough for me.

Same here. I went to the store and the had PS4 display and you couldn't touch the controller and they had the One display where you could. That controller was super nice. In fact, it is the best controller I have ever put in my hands.

The controller won't be the deciding factor as to which system I purchase in the future. As of right now I am 99% sure I will be getting the PS4. Just waiting for those nice exclusives to start hitting.

I read great things about Uncharted 4 the other day. Supposedly it is going to blow everyone away at E3.

It's certainly not arcade like. I think it's easily the most mature and difficult open world game I've ever played. Three star police chases are a ****ing pain in the ass, especially on fixer contracts. Gotta have the jam coms and chopper disablers ready.

I'm not even touching the story line most of the time. I love gang hideout missions. Going in all stealthy and taking out all the members is awesome. 

Yep agreed, it's basically GTA Hard Mode and more mature. Police chases take a legit long time if you don't do them properly and use your hacks to neutralize them. Hacking bridges is awesome. And I love the stealth driving. Hacking adds a real cool element as it really allows you to find unique ways to take out enemies.

I've mostly been going stealth too, although I ended up finding myself in gun fights in some of the story missions, and the last mission in Act 1 there is one part where I can't see how stealth/non lethal would work at all.

Not sure who it was directed at, but I'm fully aware of the price drop. I was telling Ix, that when I bought mine the price was a deciding factor along with other things mentioned. Of course now, pricing is the same (unless you want the kinect) for the base models.

It's something Microsoft should have offered at launch anyhow. Outside the fanboys for either system, there are those of us who like both and make decisions on which one to purchase (assuming you don't buy both immediately). The Kinect doesn't do it for me, and while all the media bells/whistles are nice, not a selling point for me. Pricing had a lot to do with it, when I bought the PS4.

Both are great systems imo. I've owned both platforms since their existence, until now and still may end up getting an Xbox One further down the line. Nothing is jumping out at me screaming "I HAVE TO HAVE AN XBOX ONE!!" as far as games go. Sure, Titanfall is awesome, it's also a FPS and awesome on ultra graphics on my PC.

I've always owned the PS first, then gotten an Xbox later, usually after Christmas (gift cards/money). Like you said, owning both, I'm not going to have enough time to play both, especially since I'm a PC gamer too. *rest of quote*

Eh, not directed at anyone. Was just an FYI if someone didn't know. I ended up going with the Xbox myself because of familiarity with it and the controller. Really liked the PS4 controller though. Felt really good. I almost bought the PS4 because Infamous looked really cool. If Xbox hadn't of gone back on that bunch of crap they were trying to pull earlier I would have.

After getting into Watch Dogs (i'm into act II), I absolutely love this game.  I'll admit that it didn't start off amazingly, but now I'm hooked. I didn't touch BF4 or MLB the Show over the weekend.  I was playing WD every chance I get.

I don't even think the driving is terrible.  You get used to it. Each car has its own feel, just like GTA, its just different.  The campaign is a great story, the missions are really good.  I really like all the other types of missions out there as well. I love the Gang Hideout missions. They are fun.  

Great game, glad I gave it a chance.

^^ I feel the same way. I love the flexibility it gives you in approaching each mission. Even the side issuing like gang hideouts and convoys can be carefully plotted out.

A had one criminal convoy mission that I planned out and and had got my motorcycle waiting in position in a downtown plaza bordering the highway overpass. I had planned my getaway and everything. So the convoy comes on the overpass, boom, one grenade launcher round to the targets, they're down and I'm on my bike, going down some quick stairs then hitting a bridge, raising it and I'm gone before they knew what hit them. It was glorious. That was my 3rd kill of the entire game too, and they had it coming.

So many missions are like that. You can scope out the whole place and decide how you want to handle. I love it.

Totally agree... That's what I love as well.  I placed IED's along a convoy mission route and detonated them on approach and it was so fun.  In addition, the gang hideouts are so fun to plan out.  On one, I set up cars to block the escape route. On another, I set up IED's, then led a trail of lure's to the bomb pile... it was hilarious.

The serial killer side mission is really cool too.

^^ I feel the same way. I love the flexibility it gives you in approaching each mission. Even the side issuing like gang hideouts and convoys can be carefully plotted out.

A had one criminal convoy mission that I planned out and and had got my motorcycle waiting in position in a downtown plaza bordering the highway overpass. I had planned my getaway and everything. So the convoy comes on the overpass, boom, one grenade launcher round to the targets, they're down and I'm on my bike, going down some quick stairs then hitting a bridge, raising it and I'm gone before they knew what hit them. It was glorious. That was my 3rd kill of the entire game too, and they had it coming.

So many missions are like that. You can scope out the whole place and decide how you want to handle. I love it.

I have to admit WD hasnt really intrigued me. But what you just described sounds very fun.

I have to admit WD hasnt really intrigued me. But what you just described sounds very fun.

Yeah it's really cool. There is a lot of freedom in how you want to handle mission. Sometimes I stop a mission just before finishing it just so I can play it again and try a different way.

I had a gang hideout in the top of a 5 level parking garage. I hacked a lift to go to the 4th level and then found another lift that took me to the 5th and I was able to sneak in behind my target. I hit the 'blackout' hack which killed all the lights and in the protection of darkness took down my target then snuck back to the 4th level where I hopped in a car and drove peacefully away while the lights came back on and the rest of his crew just found out he had been taken out.

But I decided to do all that, the game never really forces your hand except in few spots. Mostly though, you can be pretty creative in going about the missions. I could have driven in guns blazing, or stealthily taken out each thug one at a time or even scared the guy into fleeing by vehicle and had to chase him down in the streets.

Totally agree... That's what I love as well. I placed IED's along a convoy mission route and detonated them on approach and it was so fun. In addition, the gang hideouts are so fun to plan out. On one, I set up cars to block the escape route. On another, I set up IED's, then led a trail of lure's to the bomb pile... it was hilarious.

The serial killer side mission is really cool too.

I haven't upgraded hardly any of the combat, driving or crafting skills yet, I have maxed all of the hacks though. That was my main focus but the IEDs sound pretty cool.

I'll make sure I grab that ability soon.

Watch Dogs is fun one issue I have and can't figure out how to fix it is all the Traffic lights in the city is hacked so theres cars crashing at every traffic light huge pile ups I am talking massive like 10+ cars, it was cool for a minute now its gottin old and I want it back to the way it was where I have to hack the lights myself.

I haven't upgraded hardly any of the combat, driving or crafting skills yet, I have maxed all of the hacks though. That was my main focus but the IEDs sound pretty cool.

I'll make sure I grab that ability soon.

. IED's and lures are awesome. You can get the enemies to one place while you sneak around the other way then detonate remotely.

Watch Dogs is fun one issue I have and can't figure out how to fix it is all the Traffic lights in the city is hacked so theres cars crashing at every traffic light huge pile ups I am talking massive like 10+ cars, it was cool for a minute now its gottin old and I want it back to the way it was where I have to hack the lights myself.

EDIT I have been reading up on it and I think its a Bug on the xbox one verison with instant resume and I just need to save the game cut it off and cut it back on and it should work. Instant Resume works wonderful for the most part with WATCH DOGS I turn my xbox off. Then when I turn it back on its exactly where I left off!I haven't even saved the game by going to base or whatever the hindout is called. It takes 15 seconds from XBOX ON to playing watch dogs right where I left off NO LOADING SCREENS straight to the game likes its been paused. 

Let me see you do that on PS4 :ph34r:   

Archived