Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Yeah, if anything the single player should be more fun than the last couple in the series.

I liked the look of all of the civilian cars, trucks, and motorcycles.  a grand theft auto feel + proper FPS aiming and gun control is kinda exciting. 

Whatever they end up doing, just don't release ANOTHER broken game like BF4.  If they are still working on the netcode 6 months after release I'll probably refuse to buy another BF game ever again.

Exactly this, EA has work to do with Battlefield to make me want to buy another one. Which is sad because i loved a lot of the previous games in the battlfield series. Getting real tired of this push a new game out every year crap across the industry. Very happy to see a lot of the games I was looking forward to later this year have been delayed. Please don't rush out awesome titles tainting them with bugs and an incomplete experience thus ruining them. I'd much rather wait another 6-12 months.

Exactly this, EA has work to do with Battlefield to make me want to buy another one. Which is sad because i loved a lot of the previous games in the battlfield series. Getting real tired of this push a new game out every year crap across the industry. Very happy to see a lot of the games I was looking forward to later this year have been delayed. Please don't rush out awesome titles tainting them with bugs and an incomplete experience thus ruining them. I'd much rather wait another 6-12 months.

I agree completely, it was refreshing to see Arkham Knight delayed to 2015 and the publisher acknowledging that they don't want to put out the game unless they nailed it 100% .

It just makes me look forward to the game even more.

The Last of Us: Remastered and The Evil Within are two big ones for me this summer.

The Evil Within (like most games recently) got delayed until October.

I've been trying to download this UFC demo since last night but it still has 8 hours left..... guess ill go back to playing some Watch Dogs

So now that Watch Dogs is out of the way, what's the next big PS4 release?

Aside from Madden and TLOU PS4, it's pretty quiet until the Sept/Oct when they all start dropping.

Dragon Age: Inquisition

The Evil Within

Destiny

Shadows of Mordor

Drive Club

Evolve

Alien: Isolation

There are a bunch I can't remember I'm sure. It's going to be a good fall

I appreciate all the advice here. I am thinking of a PS4 but a One wouldn't be that bad either. The problem is I am too tired after coming back from work at 4 PM to bother with consoles. Do any working professionals here have time to enjoy consoles? I'm going to have to get one eventually for NHL 15. However I fear that if I get a Ps4 or One now it'd just end up gathering dust. 

I appreciate all the advice here. I am thinking of a PS4 but a One wouldn't be that bad either. The problem is I am too tired after coming back from work at 4 PM to bother with consoles. Do any working professionals here have time to enjoy consoles? I'm going to have to get one eventually for NHL 15. However I fear that if I get a Ps4 or One now it'd just end up gathering dust. 

I normally don't get the time to play until after my kids have gone to bed, and I know the wife didn't have anything to do in mind. So between 8:30-9 is when I'm available to play my systems. It works for me because I don't get alot of sleep anyway. 

Im with Gamebreaker...very rarely do i get the opportunity to play before 8 or 9 pm. 

I work 8-5 every day and usually work until

7pm during our busy seasons. I have both a Ps4 and XBox and while I don't always get to play them every day, I feel like I get enough out of them to be happy, especially on weekends. Some nights, I'll hop on for a few hours during the week if I have a new game or don't have a lot going on.

Video games are a big hobby and passion of mine outside of working out and sports and I'm fortunate enough to have a wife that respects and supports my interests too and doesn't care if I play them. My sweet spot is probably 9pm -12am when the wife is winding down with her shows or a movie. I rarely get on any time prior to that unless it's a weekend.

I can see being older though why it is so much tougher to get the time. Also I don't get to bed until usually 1am so I recognize my schedule is a lot different than most who work an 8or 9-5. I'm 27 so hopefully that won't change as I get older. Have no plans for kids any time soon either

Online tailing in Watch Dogs is so much fun. There is a bit of a random component too it though it seems like. Tailing(and spotting tailers)can be easy or hard depending on where you get spawned. If it's say the motel area with multiple levels and hiding spots, it can be brutal to find someone. But it's always fun when you're in a wide open area and your target still can't see you. I was literally walking down a sidewalk right next to a guy I was tailing, all slowly and NPC-like, and the dude just whizzed right past me.

Then there was the time where someone invaded my game as I was trying to hack a ctos, and he literally spawned right next to me with an assault rifle in his hand. I'm like WTF....then gunned his arse down.

Oh my god, you guys!  Homefront 2!  It's coming!!!!  Top 5 best FPS games I've ever played.  ever.

The original Homefront was amazing, when it worked.  It had massive issues, to a point where two months after release, the online portion of the game was down for about 6 weeks.  Yeah, that bad.  And eventually the game failed.

But when it worked, the online gameplay was out of this world.  huge, open maps like Battlefield.  Every building and rooftop can be accessed.  Killstreaks were earned by stacking up points.  Homefront was an objective game, and capturing/playing objectives would actually get you more points than a kill would.  If you want a chopper, tank, air strike, uav, LAV, jeep, you had to buy it with points that you'd earned.  Even RPGs, SMAWs, you have to buy with points you've built up by capping objectives.

Because the game itself was amazing, but developed by a bunch of morons, Kaos studios went out of business, and the rights to the Homefront series were bought out by Crytek, which is making the second one.  Mark my words, FPS fans...this game will be epic.  If it had been put together correctly, Homefront would've been able to hang with Battlefield....and I put that on my reputation as a semi-competitive gamer. 

The maps were so awesome in the first Homefront, with the entire game taking place on American soil.  Some maps were neighborhoods, there was a stadium, a map with a wal-mart type store, etc.  no china, middle east, south america stuff here boys.  Good ol' USA

Yea, i passed on this game when it came out b/c of all the issues it originally had. Will be willing to give it a chance this go round.

please do, friend.  please do!  Sorry for being all nutty, but I've been waiting on the announcement for this game since 2010 when KAOS studios went outta business.  The maps are so big that, in Homefront's version of BF's Conquest, the map objectives move, so there are three rounds total.  One team reaches the max tickets on conquest, that there are three non-stop rounds.  depending on who lost, the map opens up to a new portion and the losing team falls back to 3 new objectives, givign them a chance to comeback.  no stop in the action, just a 20 second delay until new objectives are found.  after the second round, a third set of conquest objectives open a new part of the map.

and killstreak points never reset after dying.  you can choose to save them for a while, and buy a chopper or a tank, or you can spend it all quickly on airstrikes and RPGs.  and its massive scale warfare, full 32 v 32.

Sorry guys, i can't help myself.  excuse me while i go take a nap to calm down.

"Conquest" footage from the first Homefront.  this game came out in 2010, so the graphhics are meh compared to today's standards.  but I'm pretty sure the new one will look good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tXARH1CYHo

^^ Thats the original Homefront right?

yes LOL.  that's why it looks so awful.  its coming up on 4 years old this summer.

@ Momma, exactly.  the game itself was a great idea, just executed poorly.  Hopefully the new developers will do the sequel justice.  One of the best multiplayer concepts ever, such a balanced game.  no vehilces were overpowered, as there was a counter to everything.

Archived