Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Xbox One......if you were going to buy one, what game to buy first?  And not Titanfall, I already own that on PC.  Also, I own Madden, BF4, COD:Ghosts and NBK2K14 on PS4, so I don't really want to waste money and get for both systems.  

What's out that is bad ass, or coming out and is it exclusive to the Xbox One?  

Xbox One......if you were going to buy one, what game to buy first? And not Titanfall, I already own that on PC. Also, I own Madden, BF4, COD:Ghosts and NBK2K14 on PS4, so I don't really want to waste money and get for both systems.

What's out that is bad ass, or coming out and is it exclusive to the Xbox One?

The only exclusive they have coming out that I'm interested in is Sunset Overdrive but I'm a sucker for Insomniac.

I'm most excited about the Halo Collection coming out this fall for XB1. That will keep me busy for a while.

Sunset Overdrive looks like a blast too.

For what's already out now, I liked Dead Rising 3 a lot, for the limited amount of time I got to play it on my buddies One. You can play it a little more seriously than previous entries or you can go balls out crazy with the humor and ridiculousness the series is known for.

Also, IMO Xbox and Live are the better services for shooters and there are several coming out this fall even though they aren't exclusives like Evolve, COD, BF, Destiny etc that would make a great fit for the One as well.

I played it a little bit last night. Doesn't seem bad, kinda like Halo but with RPG elements.

This makes me giddy

okay, so the Battlefield: Hardline beta has been out for a week now, and people are starting to express a little disappointment.  The initial "wow, this is cool" effect has worn off, and a lot of folks are coming back with the "this feels like a DLC" opinions and that it might be difficult for this game to stand alone.  Maybe if Battlefield 5 was coming out in 2015 and Hardline was just a change of pace, stop gap type of game in the meantime...but I dunno. 

From the videos I've seen, it looks cool...kind of a GTA urban style combat with Battlefield gameplay mechanics.  but i can see where folks are coming from.  i guess we'll see this fall.

okay, so the Battlefield: Hardline beta has been out for a week now, and people are starting to express a little disappointment.  The initial "wow, this is cool" effect has worn off, and a lot of folks are coming back with the "this feels like a DLC" opinions and that it might be difficult for this game to stand alone.  Maybe if Battlefield 5 was coming out in 2015 and Hardline was just a change of pace, stop gap type of game in the meantime...but I dunno. 

From the videos I've seen, it looks cool...kind of a GTA urban style combat with Battlefield gameplay mechanics.  but i can see where folks are coming from.  i guess we'll see this fall.

Can pretty much guarantee its going to feel like DLC. No way they were able to put a quality game together that quickly. With that being said if they can put together a bunch of good maps it could still be a fun game...just have to take it for what it is.  

Am I the only one that's never experienced a significant glitch playing Battlefield 4?

You might be.  I only had two issues, one was right after release, it would keep losing my game save data for the campaign.  I played it and saved it 3 times (I think it was) and when I'd log back in to continue, it would start me back at the first mission.  I was going after the Machete unlock for multiplayer, cause I don't care for the solo campaigns in games.  Pissed me off, never tried it again.

A handful of times I would start up a new multiplayer match and all of my progress, say recon, would be gone and I'd have the starting weapon and no unlocks.  I'd just quit the current match, then join another one and it was fixed.  No major issue.

I pre-ordered the white PS4 Bundle that comes with Destiny (on Amazon). Just wondering for those who have more knowledge about the game, is the game worth the hype?

Congrats on the pre-order.

Can't say for sure if it's worth the hype but the Alpha version that was available as a demo/beta last weekend was extremely successful and received tons of praise all across the web from what I read.

There was a concern that people thought it was going to be boring but it seems to have calmed that down a lot and there is now quite a bit of excitement.

After the alpha, people thought it played like a Halo RPG, Halo/Mass Effect or Halo/Borderlands combo type of game which sounds really cool.

So while it's tough to say, this game seems to be headed in a very positive direction.

I don't have either but I know a lot of you were into Watch Dogs.

Have any of you seen the allegations that Ubisoft intentionally gimped the graphics? Have you played the PC mod that restores it to it's original E3 gorgeousness?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/06/amid-controversy-ubisoft-denies-downgrading-graphics-on-pc-watch-dogs/

That's wild but it wouldn't surprise me especially given how much talk about the graphics was going around pre-release

You might be.  I only had two issues, one was right after release, it would keep losing my game save data for the campaign.  I played it and saved it 3 times (I think it was) and when I'd log back in to continue, it would start me back at the first mission.  I was going after the Machete unlock for multiplayer, cause I don't care for the solo campaigns in games.  Pissed me off, never tried it again.

A handful of times I would start up a new multiplayer match and all of my progress, say recon, would be gone and I'd have the starting weapon and no unlocks.  I'd just quit the current match, then join another one and it was fixed.  No major issue.

Only my first day playing the game, I ran into two glitches that forced me to restart from the last checkpoint, and the game lost my progress at the last checkpoint and I had to restart the whole mission. A handful of times I've had to restart because the enemies disappeared and I could go no further. It's entertaining, but the buggiest game I've ever played.

Didn't realize so many people don't do single player games anymore. Kinda sad. Those are usually the games with the most depth. Wolfenstein, for example, is an outstanding game. One of the best FPS games I've played in a while. Same with Infamous 2nd Son....absolutely amazing game.

Can't wait for Last of Us re-release on PS4, & after seeing the E3 footage of the next Zelda...ZOMFG!!!

I guess with my free time whittling away, I find it less tasking to just jump into a single player game. MO's always come with baggage, & you can't just hit pause & save your kid from electrocution & not expect to have died 5 times in the process. You literally have to set aside time, & convince the rest of your world that, if but for the next 69 minutes, I am dead to the world. And as any father would know...how realistic is that?

^^^ I agree, single player is always where I prefer to game. Multiplayer keeps me busy between games or to hang out with friends which is fine, I just am not a fan of the trend shifting towards multiplayer at the expense of well done campaigns.

Part of the reason I love Halo so much, the campaign, story, lore etc are all amazing and the multiplayer is great too and completely unique from from what else is out there

The other thing for me is that...& mind you, I'm a big proponent of game cost & somewhat of an industry apologist...MO's don't match their value imo. If I'm going to pay $59.99 for a game + my online fees, I expect more than: join lobby, hop in game, shoot baddies in face, get shot in face by baddies, rinse; repeat.

Some deliver. ..Most don't, for my money anyway. At least Madden, & Forza have perfectly engaging single player campaigns. Options still need to be there for me to justify the price. Developers need to continue to earn their keep by making a game that is engaging without relying on peer vs peer game play.

Count me in as a single player. Game developers can specifically craft unique scenarios for you to experience in a single player game. And I'm sure as heck not paying $60 a year for a "new" game that just brings in new multiplayer maps. I've also become rather bored of the monotony of shooters.

Archived