Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Watch Dogs is 900p 30 fps on the ps4 still higher than xbox one at 792 just sayin.

yeah, I just saw that.  just a few days ago, Sony was claiming 60fps in 1080.  Just googled after you quoted me, they've backpedaled in the last 24 hours now LOL.  Some are saying its just a precautionary move as Ubisoft might not want those claims out there yet.

yeah, I just saw that.  just a few days ago, Sony was claiming 60fps in 1080.  Just googled after you quoted me, they've backpedaled in the last 24 hours now LOL.  Some are saying its just a precautionary move as Ubisoft might not want those claims out there yet.

It's also possible it's currently sitting at 900p with further optimization taking place.  ACIV went through the same thing.  It was 900p out of the box but was patched to 1080p a week after launch.

Do you guys know if we can use Xbox Live $'s (even the ones they coverted over from points) to buy Gold membership for the year?

Say I have $30 in Live $'s..can I apply that to the $59.99 membership price and pay the difference (transanction through the Xbox)?

I know you didn't use to be able to do it with points..but wasn't sure about the Live $'s...

I'm answering my own question..I think the answer is still no (per the xbox website).

Sigh.

What's the point of still having a separate Gold membership card? 

Watch Dogs is 900p 30 fps on the ps4 still higher than xbox one at 792 just sayin.

On the kinect I was always for it being included but I guess I am happy if that means more sales. Navigating the console with kinect just seems next gen to me and not just a console with a graphical upgrade. Plus I use xbox fitness

Don't know what the specs will be, but I would prefer 792 at 60fps then 900 at 30fps. That's where the difference is. Though I still don't get what the fuss is about. Either way, the graphical difference between the two is minimal, no where near a big enough difference to change what to purchase. If you want the highest graphics you would have a PC, not a console.

I personally don't care if the Xbox One has slightly better graphics, or the PS4 does. I watched so many comparison videos of the systems and any difference is so minimal its hard to tell. Xbox fans will mostly buy the Xbox and PS4 fans will get the PS4. Console wars only make sense if you are the manufacturer.

And agree, I love the Kinect, its awesome. Use it ALL the time. Never used the one with the 360.

The console wars mean nothing anyways... Give me Star Citizen, my pre ordered Hornet F7C with lifetime insurance, my flight stick, a set of OR virtual reality and bring the console gamers to their knees with envy.

Yeah, I'm ready to join a swarm of Auroras to blot out the sun.

Another sad thing is people were screaming from the rooftops that marketing the xbox one as an entertainment machine was just stupid. If you are getting a console for gaming, would you get the PS4 which was marketed as a game device? Or the xbox one that was marketed as an inferior PC with gaming as an after thought. It took them getting crushed at retail to realize they made poor decisions and now they are stuck with an inferior machine that will never be graphically on par with the PS4 because of all the resources it takes to run the bloated extras most people dont care about. With more and more games being released on both consoles and PC, xbox one really has shot themselves in the foot and i dont think they will recover honestly. If a game was released on PC, PS4 and Xbox one... Xbox one would be my 3rd choice to get it on because while their multiplayer is better than sonys, it isnt better than PC.

Agreed.My desktop serves as a far superior entertainment center with PLEX/DLNA/XBMC and Chromecast.

And finally you no longer need a Gold membership to use apps on Xbox Live like Netflix, etc.

Also they announced Games with Gold for Xbox One starting in June. Im excited!

It really is about time microsoft got the message. Better late than never i guess.

It really is about time microsoft got the message. Better late than never i guess.

Yeah, needing the subscription for those apps hasn't made sense... Ever. Looking forward to actually getting quality games with the structure like PS. Most of the 360 free games were junk.

Kinect on 360 is a dust magnet

Kinect on xbox one makes the system for me, voice commands, ir blaster I never touch my remote, xbox record that, Skype and xbox fitness is killer for me

Agreed, to an extent. While I COULD do without the Kinect on the Xbox One, and probably would have bought an Xbox One without the Kinect if Microsoft had offered it earlier, I do frequently use it since it's there.

And still no HBO Go.

Yeah this is a ****ing travesty. I have my Apple TV in the bedroom for HBOGO which I primarily use to watch TV before going to bed. I would like having access to HBO GO in the living room as well... so much good stuff and I've barely exhausted any of it. 

I wish I had kept my 360 before getting the One. IMO the One has been great because I've had a blast on BF4, but the 360 had so much to offer even now that I wish I still kept it.

With NHL 15 coming out I thought about getting it for XBONE as the pugs are on XB but I am scarred by XBONE's poor pre-launch reviews and reception. I have no problems with my 360 right now but it looks like I might get a PS4 for NHL 15. 

What did Microsoft do after the initial outcry to fix the XBONE?

With NHL 15 coming out I thought about getting it for XBONE as the pugs are on XB but I am scarred by XBONE's poor pre-launch reviews and reception. I have no problems with my 360 right now but it looks like I might get a PS4 for NHL 15.

What did Microsoft do after the initial outcry to fix the XBONE?

Increase the price by removing the Kinect....

Now what Microsoft needs to let original XBox One owners trade their kinnect in for a $100 credit on the xbox store. Something like that.

That will never happen.  One of the main reasons I didn't go with the Xbox One starting out.  My Kinect on the 360 got used maybe 5 times, no way I was shelling out an extra $100 on a system because they forced me to buy the new Kinect.  Now that the price has dropped I might consider picking up one.  

But honestly, I'm loving my PS4 and the only game right now that is bad ass I cant play on PS4 is Titanfall, but I have that on PC.  Hell, maybe I'll wait another year and see if the price drops any.  I did tell my wife I have an Xbox One fund (Christmas money I had in my wallet) that way I can claim it when needed lol.

Increase the price by removing kinect wtf? You mean decrease

It's not really a price drop. By splitting the Kinect off and selling a standalone console they have effectively Trojan horsed a price increase on the console itself. As in you're getting much less value for your money. Do you think they're going to sell a standalone version of the Kinect for less than $125? Hell, you can find Titanfall bundles for $399 without too much trouble. Target was offering the Titanfall bundle and a year of XBL for $449 a week ago.

What is the price now? 499 who says stores can't run specials off of the 399? That 499 will still be avaible for those who want to buy the xbox one with kinect. Value was never the problem with the xbox one it's the price it's self priced 100 more than the competition. I love Kinect and kind of mad they did the split but hell I got mine so I guess others can have a choice. I am not for motion games I don't want to be standing infront of my tv playing a game I like kinect for the entertainment aspect (ir blaster, voice commands) and for the sweet camera (Skype, and twitch) and xbox fitness.

Archived