Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

The Playststion 2 came out in 2000. The Playstation 3 came out in 2005. Do you still use a computer made in 2000? Or even one from 2005? These game systems have a pretty long lifespan in my opinion.

Yeah, so I may have exaggerated a bit there. Still wish they made games for the old system though.

I'm not a gamer, so this might be a dumb question: why do they not still make games for my PS2? Bummer.

I refuse to buy a new gaming system every other year.

released last year: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI:_Seekers_of_Adoulin

But anyways, the PS2 is beyond ancient having come out in 2000. 14 years is an eternity in technology. I'm not gonna delve deep into just how much more powerful machines are today than they were 14 years ago, but let me assure you it's insane.

So then aside from the vast difference in power making most of these games impossible on the PS2, there's very little reason for people to devote development resources on a console that nobody uses anymore. The PS2 did enjoy some very limited support until recently, though, because it had some popularity in some low-income countries.

released last year: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI:_Seekers_of_Adoulin

But anyways, the PS2 is beyond ancient having come out in 2000. 14 years is an eternity in technology. I'm not gonna delve deep into just how much more powerful machines are today than they were 14 years ago, but let me assure you it's insane.

So then aside from the vast difference in power making most of these games impossible on the PS2, there's very little reason for people to devote development resources on a console that nobody uses anymore. The PS2 did enjoy some very limited support until recently, though, because it had some popularity in some low-income countries.

The Atari had staying power :)

Anyway, I understand why they don't make games for PS2. Just don't like it, and felt like ranting. Carry on..

^ PutridSalamander. I'm not sure if I need to subscribe to Playstation plus to play others online. I'm a newb lol. What's your online ID?

Now I need to figure out how to throw in the read option. It's just Morris and RG3 runs.

I also want the updated rosters so DeSean Jackson is wrecking it. I didn't see him.

He won't be added until the new Madden comes out in August, at least for online rosters.  Not sure how franchise and offline play work, I never play those.  There should be plenty of read option passes.  The best advice I can offer is learn how to create your custom playbook on offense and defense as they can be used online now.   

Just google it and there should be a youtube video with a walkthrough (Its been 6 months since I set mine up so I cant remember all the steps without being in-game).  You will be asked to pick a base playbook (i.e. any one of the 32 teams), then you can add plays from all of the formations, delete plays you don't like to make room for some new looks.  

For example, the Panthers have a Panthers Heavy set with three plays the QB runs from (QB Power, QB something, QB Wrap).  The QB Wrap play can be money with RGIII, Wilson, Vick, even Pryor when used in the right situation and not abused.  I've ripped off 80-85 yard TD runs with Griffin using that play before.  

I used to abuse it early on and if they know defense and how to stop it, it can easily end up in a 2-5 yard loss.  Now I hold back running the QB at all, at least for the first half.  And out of nowhere, I'll bust it out and rip off a nice run, sometimes to the house depending on their defense.  Sometimes I'll run it unconventionally say on my 40 yard line, 3rd and 10 (they are lined up in a quarter/dime defense expecting pass) and I'll bust out a 1st down.  

Anyhow, that's a freebie money play for ya to play around with.  But custom playbooks are the way to go.  Most of the plays are slightly different in the formations to where they are almost the same, but it's really cool to go through your favorite sets and add plays that you know will work.  And if anything, load up a formation with so many looks you can hurry up if needed, switch and keep them on their heals.

If you want to run some games, hit me up on PS4, gamer tag is Gecha_Popcrn_Rdy (with the underscores).

The Atari had staying power :)

Anyway, I understand why they don't make games for PS2. Just don't like it, and felt like ranting. Carry on..

The key is to trade in your old system, games, controllers, etc. for cash towards the new system when it comes out or sell them to someone looking for the current one.  There are a lot of people out there willing to pay $200 for an Xbox 360 or PS3 with a bunch of games.  Then it's not such a money sink.  

Granted the market for the PS2 is probably almost non-existent now.  So you probably won't get as much as you would hope.  

Yup, xbox is getting slaughtered at retail by the PS4 and had to do something. Even the buy an xbox one get titanfall free didnt work. I wish i could go back and get all the quotes about kinect being mandatory for the xbox one to work from microsoft. However, this puts the xbox one back in play for me. Shame for the people that have one, because now people wont be buying it and the devs wont be supporting it.

After being an "xbox guy" since day 1, it was sad trading in my XboxOne in for a PS4. After a few friends who brought theirs over and I could actually see how "different" the 2 consoles were I went and traded. Been completely satisfied with the decision ever since.

Microsoft got arrogant where Sony took notes and the adjustments they made for  their console were shown. I only "game" with my console so all the extra stuff Xbox offers (which isn't much at all) isn't worth it to me. Sony's network runs better, the games look better (BF4, Madden, Call of Duty, Need for speed).

Xbox lost this one, their hardware is undisputedly less of that of the PS4. I would honestly be surprised if they "catch up".

After being an "xbox guy" since day 1, it was sad trafing in my XboxOne in for a PS4. After a few friends who brought theirs over and I could actually see how "different" the 2 consoles were I went and traded. Been completely satisfied with the decision ever since.

Xbox lost this one, their hardware is undisputedly less of that of the PS4. I would honestly be surprised if they "catch up".

Yet another gamer who has owned both consoles believes the PS4 is superior :)

Welcome aboard, Bobbi!  Enjoy your stay on the Sony side, it's better here.  ;)

I'm still debating on owning both systems again.  My inner child screams "Dooooo it, Doooo it!"  But I don't think I'd play the Xbox One that much right now.  Forza is always bad ass and I love creating/building the cars and customizing the paint job, etc.  But that get's old after a while.

I don't even want it for all the media crap (as I wouldn't be getting a kinect), but part of me feels like I have to have one.  Must show restraint.................need counseling............

I own both as well and honestly they seem to be the exact same breakdown for me as last generation.

PS4 - Better graphics, broader game

Variety and a vastly improved controller. bland dashboard and not nearly as high quality online service and features.

XB1- worse graphics, the system/controller for shooters, excellent interface and online connectivity as well as features. I enjoy the kinect too.

So each brings something to the table. I have to own both for the exclusives anyway. I could technically get everything I wanted out of the PS4 but it's much easier and fun to play on the XB1 even if the graphics aren't the same. I can't turn my back on Halo especially now that they are rumored to release Halo 1-4 remastered on XB1 this winter to hold over until Halo 5.

But then again, the PS4 has an incredible exclusives list too.

I'm happy I have both honestly. I even have a Wii U but that doesn't really count. Not until a new Zelda game releases.

I own both as well and honestly they seem to be the exact same breakdown for me as last generation.

PS4 - Better graphics, broader game

Variety and a vastly improved controller. bland dashboard and not nearly as high quality online service and features.

XB1- worse graphics, the system/controller for shooters, excellent interface and online connectivity as well as features. I enjoy the kinect too.

So each brings something to the table. I have to own both for the exclusives anyway. I could technically get everything I wanted out of the PS4 but it's much easier and fun to play on the XB1 even if the graphics aren't the same. I can't turn my back on Halo especially now that they are rumored to release Halo 1-4 remastered on XB1 this winter to hold over until Halo 5.

But then again, the PS4 has an incredible exclusives list too.

I'm happy I have both honestly. I even have a Wii U but that doesn't really count. Not until a new Zelda game releases.

I agree, though I dont think the graphical difference is very much at all, I spent a lot of time comparing the two and havent noticed a huge difference. If I could I would like to own a PS4 for their exclusives, but cant right now. I think the only people that care either way are Xbox One or PS4 fanboys. Otherwise its not a big deal, just different consoles that are both great. Win win.

I feel so bad for not playing the Wii U more. I got the newest Mario Bros and Donkey Kong, and those are excellent games, but I don't play them... I am slowly starting to realize I am not the gamer I used to be...

But all that will change when Watch Dogs and The Division comes out....

I feel so bad for not playing the Wii U more. I got the newest Mario Bros and Donkey Kong, and those are excellent games, but I don't play them... I am slowly starting to realize I am not the gamer I used to be...

I feel the same way man....its depressing. 

I usually get hooked on like 3-4 games a year now. Once im bored with those its difficult for me to find anything i really like to play. 

I am slowly starting to realize I am not the gamer I used to be...

I was getting ready to flip out at first and virtually backhand you...until I read the second part.  ;)

Archived