Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

^^^ Yeah, normally I could never pass up an attempt to take shots at xbox, but Microsoft is doing it for me.

Jokes aside, that blows.  so folks that were forced to buy the kinect package for $100 more before now, a lot of fwhom don't even use the damn thing, got screwed.  All because Microsoft is run by morons.  That sucks, honestly.

Yup, xbox is getting slaughtered at retail by the PS4 and had to do something. Even the buy an xbox one get titanfall free didnt work. I wish i could go back and get all the quotes about kinect being mandatory for the xbox one to work from microsoft. However, this puts the xbox one back in play for me. Shame for the people that have one, because now people wont be buying it and the devs wont be supporting it.

Yup. Really sucks for those people. The whole reason for bundling it with the system is to guarantee people have it, thus the the developers will be sure to make use of it. Now everyone who bought the system with the kinect are gonna get screwed.

Yep that is Microsoft raising the white flag of surrender. And their console is now back in play for me at some point. 

It's a step in the right direction but it's still too expensive.  They need to drop it another $50 - 100 before I'll consider it.  I don't care how much I want to play Sunset Overdrive.....I'm not paying equal money for a weaker system.

Its also because they put someone that knows games at the head. I expect better things coming for the xbox one and will probably purchase one now between the holidays and a year from now. The sad thing is, a fully functioning kinect is a cool feature, but they way it was marketed was so poor. Dont make it mandatory, actually make sure the tech works flawlessly and release it with a couple must have games that it works with. Dont treat me like a fool and say the system wont work without it.

Yeah man, I really regret buying it when I did. I should have waited until the summer like I originally said. They got me man. The bums got me...

You're not the only one man. I haven't even hooked up the kinect since i bought the system a few weeks after it came out. Haven't even played it in about a month. No games for me at all out right now. Luckily watchdogs comes out in two weeks

Its also because they put someone that knows games at the head. I expect better things coming for the xbox one and will probably purchase one now between the holidays and a year from now. The sad thing is, a fully functioning kinect is a cool feature, but they way it was marketed was so poor. Dont make it mandatory, actually make sure the tech works flawlessly and release it with a couple must have games that it works with. Dont treat me like a fool and say the system wont work without it.

Phil Spencer should get them heading in the right direction...and I agree about the Kinect.

To me, it's always been a very small subset of console gamers who want the thing (working or not). They should have realized that from the beginning.

edit...

Shortly after his appointment, in an interview with Larry Hryb, Spencer stated that there were some "wrong decisions" regarding the direction of the Xbox One and that the console will now focus more on video games instead of general entertainment.

You think? :P

? for Ps4 guys. Does anyone have trouble with their system when trying to turn the power back on after the system has been on Stand-By mode? It turns in just fine, but when I get to the PS main menu, my controller is unresponsive. I have to unplug from the outlet and back in to get it working.

This is only in Stand-By mode.

? for Ps4 guys. Does anyone have trouble with their system when trying to turn the power back on after the system has been on Stand-By mode? It turns in just fine, but when I get to the PS main menu, my controller is unresponsive. I have to unplug from the outlet and back in to get it working.

I use Stand-By mode almost exclusively and have never run into an issue like this.

LMAO. I remember when some MSFT executive said there would never be an XB1 without Kinect. Now you can pay 400 dollars for a system with inferior hardware! Only thing that would keep with XB1 would be the superior online experience. Poor Microsoft, always screwing up. They are fortunate to have so much money and being able afford to takes losses, unlike Sony lol. Oh well, still love me some Windows 8. 

Power it down completely, unplug it for a few minutes. Then try it out.

Do you guys know if we can use Xbox Live $'s (even the ones they coverted over from points) to buy Gold membership for the year?

Say I have $30 in Live $'s..can I apply that to the $59.99 membership price and pay the difference (transanction through the Xbox)?

I know you didn't use to be able to do it with points..but wasn't sure about the Live $'s...

Sony confirmed today that Watch Dogs will run at 60 FPS in full 1080p on the PS4...Xbox One most likely will not...

Watch Dogs is 900p 30 fps on the ps4 still higher than xbox one at 792 just sayin.

On the kinect I was always for it being included but I guess I am happy if that means more sales. Navigating the console with kinect just seems next gen to me and not just a console with a graphical upgrade. Plus I use xbox fitness

On the kinect I was always for it being included but I guess I am happy if that means more sales. Navigating the console with kinect just seems next gen to me and not just a console with a graphical upgrade. Plus I use xbox fitness

Maybe my thoughts on the Kinect are way off..I just never got it and I know quite a few people who have it (for both 360 or One and it collects dust).

To each their own, I guess.

:)

Maybe my thoughts on the Kinect are way off..I just never got it and I know quite a few people who have it (for both 360 or One and it collects dust).

To each their own, I guess.

:)

Kinect on 360 is a dust magnet

Kinect on xbox one makes the system for me, voice commands, ir blaster I never touch my remote, xbox record that, Skype and xbox fitness is killer for me

Another sad thing is people were screaming from the rooftops that marketing the xbox one as an entertainment machine was just stupid. If you are getting a console for gaming, would you get the PS4 which was marketed as a game device? Or the xbox one that was marketed as an inferior PC with gaming as an after thought. It took them getting crushed at retail to realize they made poor decisions and now they are stuck with an inferior machine that will never be graphically on par with the PS4 because of all the resources it takes to run the bloated extras most people dont care about. With more and more games being released on both consoles and PC, xbox one really has shot themselves in the foot and i dont think they will recover honestly. If a game was released on PC, PS4 and Xbox one... Xbox one would be my 3rd choice to get it on because while their multiplayer is better than sonys, it isnt better than PC.

Archived