Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

It's strange, but the three teams with the most continuity and pre-built chemistry right now are Toronto, Washington, and Charlotte. Wizards are the best road team in the conference too. I Washington and Toronto get off to a fast start and end up being the one and two seed.

You are setting yourself up so badly for despair when the Wizards finish 40-42.

In regards of PG's freak accident injury, that was an 1 and 100,000 chance that break would have happened. But these players play all year around. They don't think about injuries like that. This is the exposure they want and they're getting it. It's nothing wrong with playing in the FIBA or World Cup. I like Cuban a lot, but he's wrong about this situation and his rant. This was a freak accident and this is more of a controlled environment than a regular pickup game where it's uncontrolled.

I didn't really like Mark Cuban's rant about the IOC and the World Cup after the Paul George injury.

First off, an NBA owner probably doesn't need to be casting stones about the corruption of the IOC when that league isn't that far removed from the Tim Donaghy scandal. The NBA isn't in it for the good of anyone but themselves either.

Second, the players want to play in this thing. The ones who don't, don't. A lot of players grow up dreaming about playing for Team USA in international competition. Saying the FIBA World Cup is just some scam to make the IOC money craps on that dream.

Third, it isn't like a high profile FIBA competition doesn't make NBA owners like Cuban tons of money by strengthening the brand of the league and their players worldwide.

Because this is the Wizards we are talking about.

And because this is a team that won 44 games and lost a key player. This isn't a 50-win team. So...I'm in a wait and see mode.

To say "this is the wizards" as if some hocus pocus curse is guaranteed to ruin this just means you really can't think of a legit reason why they can't be a top 3 seeded team this season. Just admit it.  :)

The flip side to your negative view of their 44 wins last season, is that if Nene wasn't injured for a significant portion of the season they would've been a 50-win team LAST YEAR. This is why adding legit front court players like Humphries and Blair really improve this team. Nene is going to miss games, everyone knows that, and now we have two guys that can provide productive minutes at that spot. 

In regards to losing Ariza. offensively we are better with Pierce and slightly worst defensively. Ariza can't dribble, can't create his own shot, and he had his best 3pt shooting season of his career. Pierce is just as good at what he brings offensively, and he can create his own shot, bringing our offense more versatility. He can't guard the best opposing perimeter like Ariza, but he also won't be playing the same amount of minutes and Otto will be better at that. 

To say "this is the wizards" as if some hocus pocus curse is guaranteed to ruin this just means you really can't think of a legit reason why they can't be a top 3 seeded team this season. Just admit it.  :)

I think they can be. They have potential clearly.

Mainly, I like screwing with McQueen who can go from wanting to cut the entire roseter to planning a championship parade in the course of the same mid-February game.

Because this is the Wizards we are talking about.

And because this is a team that won 44 games and lost a key player. This isn't a 50-win team. So...I'm in a wait and see mode.

Unless you think Trevor "I owe 75% of contract to John Wall and just contract yeared Daryl Morey... AGAIN!" Ariza is better than Paul Pierce, they made a net gain at the SF position.

Not to mention they've got a bench now, an upgrade from the bottom five unit by every measure from last year. This is a 50 win team.

The flip side to your negative view of their 44 wins last season, is that if Nene wasn't injured for a significant portion of the season they would've been a 50-win team LAST YEAR. This is why adding legit front court players like Humphries and Blair really improve this team. Nene is going to miss games, everyone knows that, and now we have two guys that can provide productive minutes at that spot.

Also, we played 13 OT games last season and won 4 of them. We'd have been around 50 just by finishing more of the games we should win. The Truth is going to help with that issue this season.

Really a team with our road record last season should have been around 50 wins. They had an awful start and underachieved during the regular season. The quality of the team showed up in the postseason when we beat a 48 win team with home court advantage in five games and took the one seed to six. We were already the third or fourth best team in the conference last year and we've gotten better while the two teams above us got drastically worse.

I didn't really like Mark Cuban's rant about the IOC and the World Cup after the Paul George injury.

First off, an NBA owner probably doesn't need to be casting stones about the corruption of the IOC when that league isn't that far removed from the Tim Donaghy scandal. The NBA isn't in it for the good of anyone but themselves either.

Second, the players want to play in this thing. The ones who don't, don't. A lot of players grow up dreaming about playing for Team USA in international competition. Saying the FIBA World Cup is just some scam to make the IOC money craps on that dream.

Third, it isn't like a high profile FIBA competition doesn't make NBA owners like Cuban tons of money by strengthening the brand of the league and their players worldwide.

he is full of isht.

Not only that, but George could have easily got injured in a workout or even at one of the Drew League games he played earlier this summer.

The guy is a butt wipe.

I would think that if fans knew the amount of basketball these guys play in the off-season, they would be stunned. It actually sort of amazing that more off-season injuries don't happen. I injured a finger playing a game at the YMCA in March and it just stopped hurting two weeks ago. And I try to avoid things like - "moving" and "contact."

Glad they got cut. Nene is playing for Brazil. Is Gortat playing for Poland? We don't need 4/5 of our lineup playing a pointless tournament.

I don't think Portland qualified for the tournament. I don't know the state of their national program. But I do know Gortat is the only Polish NBA player, so they probably don't have but so much talent to work with.

Edit: LOL, Portland.

The fact that nobody caught this tells me you all don't really read my posts.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 1

Guys are going to ball during the summer. What do you think these guys do all day, sit around eating bon bons watching the Kardashians? They may take a little bit of time off, then they're back on the court.

It's no shock Wall and Beal didn't make it. Beal was a long shot anyway, but I think by this time next year he'll have really established himself as the premier all around SG in the league. Wall just doesn't fit the international game since he's more of a passer and isn't consistent enough shooting jumpers.