Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

This will be a good trade to revisit in about 5 years. Minnesota going with the full rebuild, could have a monster on their hands. That is if Wiggins doesn't kill himself in the cruel, snowy basketball outpost known as Minneapolis

The ups and downs of Wiggins.

Oh no! I got drafted by the town of never ending sadness! I better put on a brave face.

Yes! So much yesssss! Lebron came back to Cleveland, championship here I come. Not 1 not 2....

Omg what the hell I've been traded to basketball Siberia?! How could this happen? Why me?! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Can I trust a grown man that insists on being called Ricky?

• Like 2

Oh no! I got drafted by the town of never ending sadness! I better put on a brave face.

Yes! So much yesssss! Lebron came back to Cleveland, championship here I come. Not 1 not 2....

Omg what the hell I've been traded to basketball Siberia?! How could this happen? Why me?! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Can I trust a grown man that insists on being called Ricky?

Better double up on the Prozac and large fur coats

If he even knows for sure yet lol

Just Spoke to Andrew Wiggins at NBA Rookie Transition Program – Said Congrats on trade to T-Wolves – He said I didn't know, is it final? Wow— 

Tim McCormick (@TMcCormickESPN)

If he even knows for sure yet lol

Just Spoke to Andrew Wiggins at NBA Rookie Transition Program – Said Congrats on trade to T-Wolves – He said I didn't know, is it final? Wow— [/size]

Tim McCormick (@TMcCormickESPN)[/size]

he deleted this tweet

Better double up on the Prozac and large fur coats

He's Canadian. He'll be fine with the cold. Give me Minneapolis over Cleveland any day. And franchise-wise, both suck. If I were him, I'd want to be traded and get my own team rather than spending my career backing up LeBron and playing in his shadow. Not necessarily to Minnesota, but such is life. And it'll be fun playing with Rubio.

Wojnarowski says Shawn Marion wants to sign in Cleveland.

Matrix is a SF that can't really play PF full time. Love is a PF that can't play C on a credible defense. Tristan Thompson is in the same boat as Love. And LeBron is slimming down, presumably because

One thing, Matrix is really going to take a vet min deal where his minutes are in question?

For another, Cleveland is going to need more than a bunch of 6'8 and 6'9 guys in their front court to play defense.

Wonder what their plan for Thompson is?

He's Canadian. He'll be fine with the cold. 

Lol I know, it was a joke. He plays indoors anyway.

Give me Minneapolis over Cleveland any day. And franchise-wise, both suck. If I were him, I'd want to be traded and get my own team rather than spending my career backing up LeBron and playing in his shadow. Not necessarily to Minnesota, but such is life. And it'll be fun playing with Rubio.

Yeah, both franchises are hell on earth, but their prospects for this season are headed in opposite directions. They'll be exciting to watch, no question. Just don't know how many wins they will have, at least in terms of the present. I have no doubt they'll be really good in a few years though.

In Miami you could dare the big three to shoot. Daring Cleveland's big three to shoot would result in a lopsided beat down.

Kyrie

Waiters

Lebron

Love

All four of those guys can shoot, pass, dribble, and attack the rim from the perimeter. Waiters isn't great but in he's entering his 3rd year and looks like a better scoring option than Chalmers or Cole. This team is going to light up some score boards.

Edited by Destino

All four of those guys can shoot, pass, dribble, and attack the rim from the perimeter. Waiters isn't great but in he's entering his 3rd year and looks like a better scoring option than Chalmers or Cole. This team is going to light up some score boards.

Well, Love ain't exactly breaking ankles but you're right, that offense is loaded. And it's balanced between inside and outside scoring and has good shooting around LeBron. They're built to run fast breaks. LeBron is going to get to play more like a true wing now. Run the break on the wing and catch outlets and entry passes from Love and Kyrie and Kyrie will handle a lot more of the offensive playmaking than anyone else could in the last two years for Miami.

Only thing is the defense. It's going to be awful. Miami could actually play defense. Bosh could actually defend PnRs and Wade could actually keep guys in front of him. And LeBron himself has declined defensively.

Nate Silver projects a 65 win season for Cleveland following the Love trade.

That's a 32 win improvement over last season.

The're not going to come close to that. I can see anywhere from 50-56 or so. Which could get them the one seed.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-kevin-love-trade-wins/

That's the article.

I wonder if Nate Silver actually watches basketball though. 65 wins is an absolutely dominant team. A championship contender? Nate, 65 wins means you're probably in the midst of a dynastic run.

they gave up the last 2 number One picks. Thats an incredible haul that is unprecedented.

I mean, yea....but, no one knows what Bennett is actually capable of.  I guess you could say the same for Wiggins, but he seems to be more of a sure thing. 

Can't wait to see my boy Zo go into the Hall tomorrow. Been a long time coming.

Loved him with the Hornets. There have been few guys in the history of the league that played harder than that guy.

Durant out from Team USA. He just screwed them.

Eh, Good. **** Coach K.

Coach K is great. So he cut the Wiz backcourt. Get over it. Geez.

Loved him with the Hornets. There have been few guys in the history of the league that played harder than that guy.

The big 3 era will always be looked upon as the greatest era, but the road warrior era was something that couldn't be matched. That junkyard dog mentality, breaking down teams, and then Zo would get going and flex those pipes, man. Fond memories. Couldn't ever get past Chicago/NYC, but he and Riley put us on the map as a franchise

So....this means that 98 percent of us are never going to see Andrew Wiggins play basketball again. That's a shame.

I think this trade actually makes sense for Minnesota. Klay Thompson and Lee would almost definitely have them win more games in the present, but what does that even mean? Wiggins - and even Bennett - allows them to sell hope for a few seasons. "Wiggins is going to be a superstar!! Bennett....hey....he doesn't suck any longer!" In four year, it may be a ****show again, but - for now - they can delude themselves.

I'm a big fan of delusion in sports.

I mean, Wizards fans are planning a championship parade while Randy Wittman sits on the bench. Delusion is awesome.

(I'm totally going to troll Wizards fans all season just because why the hell not).

• Like 1

I think Cleveland will be a great regular season team, but come the playoffs when they have go up against real defensive teams like the Bulls they can run into some trouble. Another thing is the durability of Love and Irving which we all know are injury prone players. You don't think they can turn into Bosh and Wade pt2 after three consecutive seasons of playing 100+ games? Yeah it sucks we have to wait that long, but Lebron can be "stuck" with declining superstars again after he signs his max contract. At its peak this Cavs team will not be better than Eric Spoelstra defensive minded championship teams.

I think Cleveland will be a great regular season team, but come the playoffs when they have go up against real defensive teams like the Bulls they can run into some trouble. Another thing is the durability of Love and Irving which we all know are injury prone players. You don't think they can turn into Bosh and Wade pt2 after three consecutive seasons of playing 100+ games? Yeah it sucks we have to wait that long, but Lebron can be "stuck" with declining superstars again after he signs his max contract. At its peak this Cavs team will not be better than Eric Spoelstra defensive minded championship teams.

I think a lot of this is wish fulfillment. I mean, yes, Love and Irving have never played on "good" teams and there are questions surrounding them. But the same could have been said for Bosh. And there is no real issue of "Well, Lebron and Wade pretty much do the exact same things so how the hell is that going to work?" on this team.

As for the defense...again....no one saw Miami becoming a defensive juggernaut when they made the initial deals. And no one had any reason to believe that Spoelstra was going to reinvent NBA defense on the fly. like he did. I bet if we go back to those discussions, most of the posters here were trying to figure out when Riley was going to insert himself as coach.

I see this team just blitzing the East on offense. It would probably be an underdog in the Finals against any team from the West. But - to me - the goal is to get to the Finals and roll the dice.

Yeah that's where I stand.

They'll probably win the east without too much struggle but will be in for a fight in the Finals

And as a far as the Bulls go, man I'm certain they'll have at least two 20+ point ass kickings dished out by Cleveland. Bulls defensive weakness is a team that has 3-4 guys on the floor that can knock down shots from distance

And against the Raps or Wiz, it would just be a shootout that CLE would win 120-115 or something

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

I honestly thought the Clips would be the team to come out of the West this year, before all the Sterling crap.

But if I had to take a completely ridiculous stab at a Finals prognostication... It will be Lebron vs San Antonio, part IV

Edited by Mr. Sinister