Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I'm baffled over how many ppl think Boozer is anywhere near Pau. Boozer is awful at this point

Nah you confused my point. My point is that a 34 Gasol is barely better than Boozer. Aka Gasol is not as good anymore and won't make as much of a difference. I know how bad Boozer is. Thibs runs his starters into the damn ground. Didn't he play with a 8 man rotation in the playoffs? Was making people play ridiculous amounts of time. I don't see how Gasol is going to hold up when at times even Noah was gasping for air and thibs still didnt take him out for more than like 2 minutes.

Edited by Mocountyskins

Nah you confused my point. My point is that a 34 Gasol is barely better than Boozer. Aka Gasol is not as good anymore and won't make as much of a difference. I know how bad Boozer is. Thibs runs his starters into the damn ground. Didn't he play with a 8 man rotation in the playoffs? Was making people play ridiculous amounts of time. I don't see how Gasol is going to hold up when at times even Noah was gasping for air and thibs still didnt take him out for more than like 2 minutes.

Gasol won't be playing down the stretch

Taj will.

I'm sorry but you're not convincing me that Gasol isn't a decent upgrade over boozer

Taj will.

I'm sorry but you're not convincing me that Gasol isn't a decent upgrade over boozer

He is a upgrade over Boozers rainbow js. Boozer only really could score in the 1st Q then after that he was not that effective imo. And he never played D. But I think if you take last years Bulls team and take out Boozer and put in Gasol. I'm not sure if the Bulls get by the Wiz still. I mean of course the series would have gone to at least 6 most likely 7. But at the end of the day the Bulls could not score as well as the Wiz and when it got late in the series and late in games it was clear that the Bulls were just worn down from all those minutes. And it became even harder for them to make baskets. Idk how much Gasol will change that. I think it really depends on Rose obviously as I am sure you agree. Compete for the EFC with Rose or at best get to the 2nd round with out him.

Taj will.

Like I've said I wonder about pacing, spacing, and lineups on that team, but it'd be foolish to think Thibs is gonna ride Gasol too hard with the glut of forwards on that roster. Now if someone wants to make jokes that Jimmy Butler is gonna inexplicably still play over 38 a game, I'll make those with them.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234618/National-Game-Appearances-In-14-15-By-Team

That list tells you who the five biggest stars in the NBA are:

LeBron James

Kevin Durant

Derrick Rose

Blake Griffin

Kobe Bryant

Pretty outrageous that this Lakers team is given one more nationally televised game than the best NBA team of the past two decades and defending Champion Spurs. But it's entirely because Duncan, Ginobli, Parker, and Leonard are still not as marketable as a Kobe Bryant or Derrick Rose coming off significant injuries.

It's a flat out travesty that the Knicks get 16 games and Memphis only gets one. That's an affront to basketball. It should offend any real basketball fan capable of actually following what's happening on their TV.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234618/National-Game-Appearances-In-14-15-By-Team

LeBron James

Kevin Durant

Derrick Rose

Blake Griffin

Kobe Bryant

Pretty outrageous that this Lakers team is given one more nationally televised game than the best NBA team of the past two decades and defending Champion Spurs. But it's entirely because Duncan, Ginobli, Parker, and Leonard are still not as marketable as a Kobe Bryant or Derrick Rose coming off significant injuries.

It's a flat out travesty that the Knicks get 16 games and Memphis only gets one. That's an affront to basketball. It should offend any real basketball fan capable of actually following what's happening on their TV.

Think about it for the NFL and MLB too. The Cowboys seem to always get a bunch of primetime games every year. Seems the Yankees and Red Sox are always on ESPN/Fox/TBS even when they aren't playing well. The big name teams sell. I agree that its disappointing that some of the better teams aren't as exposed as others. But, that's just the way the TV game works.

Honestly I wouldn't want to watch too many Memphis games lol

They play ugly but effective ball

But yeah that's just how it is.

Surprising coming from our Bulls fan. I don't know, I usually enjoy watching Memphis play because I like watching defense and good big man play. Those things are truly an art. Their offense isn't great, but their pace and style of play are such that they'd be low scoring no matter what. Their offense isn't actually bad, like say Philly or Milwaukee.

On the flip side, I can't stand watching the way Oklahoma City and Houston play offense for example. And I definitely can't stand the way Houston plays defense. Their offenses score a ton but it's so much chucking and flopping and impatience. That's ugly basketball to me.

Surprising coming from our Bulls fan. I don't know, I usually enjoy watching Memphis play because I like watching defense and good big man play. Those things are truly an art. Their offense isn't great, but their pace and style of play are such that they'd be low scoring no matter what. Their offense isn't actually bad, like say Philly or Milwaukee.

On the flip side, I can't stand watching the way Oklahoma City and Houston play offense for example. And I definitely can't stand the way Houston plays defense. Their offenses score a ton but it's so much chucking and flopping and impatience. That's ugly basketball to me.

I'm trying to block out the Bulls offense from the last two seasons Steve lol

I meant ugly in a rough and tumble kind of way.

UGLY basketball comes from teams like Detroit or whatever team has Rudy Gay on it

LeBron James

Kevin Durant

Derrick Rose

Blake Griffin

Kobe Bryant

It's wrong, but I understand it. The Lakers and Knicks fanbases dwarf those of the Spurs and Grizzles. Although us basketball fans want to watch good basketball, the ratings for those games wouldn't be as high without those popular teams being present to stink up the joint. 

It's wrong, but I understand it. The Lakers and Knicks fanbases dwarf those of the Spurs and Grizzles. Although us basketball fans want to watch good basketball, the ratings for those games wouldn't be as high without those popular teams being present to stink up the joint.

Yeah, but aren't they assuming Lakers fans will actually watch their team when they're losing :lol:?

ESPN is forecasting Derrick Rose to finish 3rd in MVP voting. How soon we forget the guy has barely played basketball the past three years.

One thing I'm certain of, Derrick Rose will lead all guards in AS voting in the East. He did it last year despite playing just 10 games. And he was awful in them too.

But I'll be pleasantly surprised if Rose is a deserving All Star this season. It would basically be unprecedented. I think we're probably going to see him finish with something like this:

~55 to 60 games played. ~34 minutes a night. ~18 PPG on 41% shooting. ~5 APG. ~16 PER. Above average production, but a shell of what he used to be.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11370572/james-harden-confidence-growing-sessions

Scoop: Bottom line, you are on this team and a lot of players aren't, but in your mind, who is the best basketball player alive right now?

Harden: Myself.

Scoop: That's what I was about to say, "including you." You made that sound like it was an easy answer.

Harden: It is. Myself.

lol.gif

• Like 2

Dog, him and Dwight Howard had some crazy heel turns. I used to like both, but now, I don't rock with them anymore.

It's flat out bizarre. Dwight was a little weird and a bit of a dork before that mess of an ending in Orlando. But he's as fake as it gets now. He makes me cringe. He can't handle fame. There is no authentic personality there. He's a legit dominant player, if heavily flawed, but I respect the force of nature he can be on the court. But off the court, he's painful.

Harden, OTOH, I never thought deserved the respect he got. I never really liked him and now I hate him. There were not a whole lot of Wizards fans in the boat with me two years ago when I was glad we didn't trade for him. I hate his game and his entire approach to basketball, it's like he's taken all of the worst lessons of Manu's and Wade's games and run away with them. He's so friggin stupid and creepy touchy-feely. Seriously, watch him, it's loathsome how much he touches everyone else on the court. You can tell it aggravates the people playing against him. That's not basketball. He plays like an utter ****. The icing on the cake for me is he's also an asshole and crappy teammate. I'm so glad he's gotten exposed and I hope Houston sucks. They managed to jump the Clippers as the least likable team in the league. Shoot I can't even dislike this Cavs team more than Houston, that's how awful they are.

• Like 2

I don't know if you saw me talking about it, but I just watched it for the first time last Friday. I just so happened to see this gif,and it fit perfectly lol

Oh wow.  First timer huh.  Better late than never.  But did you watch it on TV?  It's painful to watch on TV unless it's HBO.