Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Always take what BS says with a grain of salt. Especially so when it comes to basketball. I wouldn't say Irving is overrated, but Wall is still a better overall player than Irving. However, since Irving will be playing along side LeBron and Kevin Love now, he may take the leap this season because of how much easier everything will be for him.

Edited by Ozymandias

Would Cleveland trade Irving straight up for Wall?

I sure as hell would if I were them.

Wall brings you much better defense and better passing (6 assists pg vs. 9 assist pg) at the cost of a slightly lower ability to create his own shot.  With Lebron and Love on the court, the PG should be third option.  Wall all the way.

Edited by Predicto

I believe Wall is overrated by many Bullets fans and underrated by the majority of the media/fans.

Conversely, I believe Irving is overrated by the most of the media/fans and underrated by many Bullets fans.

Certainly if the prop that GACOLB presented itself...the Cavs would be fools not to take the deal.

As Predicto points out rather clearly.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Completely disagree. You don't think they'd rather match up a real PG like Wall with LeBron and Love?

Im not saying I wouldn't do it, but I don't think cleveland would do it. A lot of things go into trading your star player, other than just skill set. Like didn't we have the opportunity to trade beal for harden but didn't do it? Im glad we didn't do it, although Harden is a better overall player than beal, we didn't trade beal for one reason or another.

I bashed WAll good for being a bust early but around his 2nd or third year he burst out and really hit the scene hard. He is the next superstar in the making and ya'll ****es better recognize.

You called him a bust his rookie year when as a 19 year old he posted a 16/8/5 stat line? ........

• Like 1

Irving certainly will have a better year than Wall this upcoming season. I imagine Wall would be pretty good as a third option too though. :)

Wait, ix watches basketball?

Dafuq

IX is hard to nail down. I'm convinced three different people post under that account. Edited by Destino

Irving certainly will have a better year than Wall this upcoming season. I imagine Wall would be pretty good as a third option too though. :)

I think his volume numbers will drop but the efficiency numbers like his shooting %s and PER should climb dramatically.

I'm curious to see who really ends up being the third wheel though. Kevin Love is better than Irving, but not as assertive or ball dominant. I can see him being the one who gets Chris Boshed.

http://triangleoffense.com/news/cleveland-cavaliers-interested-in-adding-roy-hibbert-or-larry-sanders-as-rim-protector/

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS INTERESTED IN ADDING ROY HIBBERT OR LARRY SANDERS AS ‘RIM PROTECTOR?’

The Cleveland Cavaliers are rumored to be interested in landing either Roy Hibbert or Larry Sanders as a “rim protector,” potentially adding yet another weapon to a lineup that already boasts LeBron James, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving.

Indeed, these days it’s good to be a Cavs fan, as since James made the announcement he planned to return there the organization has also added savvy vets Shawn Marion, Mike Miller and James Jones.

According to Ohio.com, the Cavs are now weighing the possibilities of using Brendan Haywood’s $10.5 million contract and those of several other nonguaranteed players in a play for Hibbert, who reports are the Indiana Pacers are leery of paying $15.5 million to next season in the wake of Paul George almost certainly being sidelined for the entire season.

If the Hibbert talks should fizzle out, the Cavs are also reported to hold a genuine interest in the rugged Sanders. Coming off a season where he played in just 23 games for the Bucks due to torn ligament in his thumb, Sanders will be entering the first year of a four-year, $44 million deal. In his last full NBA season, Sanders ranked third in the league in blocks, behind Hibbert and the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

If i was balding, and i had the money to fix it, you better believe i would think about the hair transplant thing that Lebron did. People say that you should just shave it off. Well what if you just dont have a good shaved head look? Not everyone is gonna look like Jason Statham after shaving their head. Not gonna trash Lebron on this one.

That being said... if they somehow land freaking Roy Hibbert, im going to rage.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/david_aldridge/10/13/morning-tip-nba-media-rights-deal-effect-on-contracts-andrew-wiggins-as-minnesota-timbewolves-savior-qa-with-detroit-pistons-stan-van-gundy/index.html

Good article, lots of stuff about Wiggins in there. Some of it troubling, especially when distilled down into this RealGM wiretap: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235171/Andrew-Wiggins-Being-Pushed-To-Come-Back-At-You-From-Start

The Timberwolves' coaching staff has been encouraging Wiggins to push himself and stop trying to blend in.

"Very coachable," said Sam Mitchell, who played for the Wolves for 10 of his 13 seasons.

Minnesota is attempting to trigger Wiggins' attack mentality from the beginning of the season and start of games, instead of having an event bring it about.

"You saw with this kid, sometimes something has to trigger in him for him to come back at you," a team source said. "What we've been trying to get him to do is be that way from the beginning."

That kind of stuff is troubling, and it was noticeable during the college season. Kid's a bit of a Tin Man. He's from the Vince Carter school of competitiveness/effort. Too Canadian. Too well-adjusted. He probably actually has fun playing basketball and isn't maniacally driven to climb the highest ladders of the game and be famous.

That part about him playing at 60% and being the best player by far was total bull**** too. They're pretending we didn't all see he was the second best player/talent on his own team more often than not.

I'd be very surprised if Indy dealt Hibbert. Especially to a division rival. Milwaukee might move Sanders. They want to clean house. It'd suck if Cleveland got either.

Indy might not have a choice. I think they are in all out rebuild mode at this point since we don't know if George will ever be the same. And the Cavs still have assets to offer. Waiters + Thompason + Haywood is defintely fair value, even if you factor in the divison rival factor.

Indy might not have a choice. I think they are in all out rebuild mode at this point since we don't know if George will ever be the same. And the Cavs still have assets to offer. Waiters + Thompason + Haywood is defintely fair value, even if you factor in the divison rival factor.

And again nothing about that article from Ohio.com said the Cavs or Pacers have even entertained the idea of making a trade like this. Cleveland has no reason to get rid of decent assets + Haywood to hope that maybe Hibbert will somehow get his **** together.