Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

SM - I'm sorry...but I can't put Steph Curry in the same category as Steve Nash as far as shooting.  Dude could do it all.  Think about it...he's going to end his career, a LONG career, with a shooting % just under 50 and a career 3pt % floating around 43.  That's insane.  This is a guy who wasn't getting to the rack all the time due to athleticism...he HAD to be killer from mid-range, off the dribble, and being set.  Like I said, he's the best shooting player I've ever seen.  Steph Curry has a ways to go, and honestly, even though his 3pt % for his career is higher, I'd be shocked if he finishes his career with the 3pt % being higher than Nash's. 

Nash was a lights out shooter, but I'm not sure you are right.  Nash took a lot fewer shots, and generally only when wide open.  To his credit, he was wide open because his passing was so good that people dropped off him to the passing lanes, but it still helped him that so many of his shots were essentially uncontested.  He was never the No. 1 scoring option.  In addition, those great Phoenix offensive teams were heavily run and gun, getting Nash a lot more uncontested layups than Curry ever gets.  

(also, don't try to pretend that Nash didn't have athleticism - he was no Andre Miller)

We will see more this year, now that Steph presumably is in an offensive system actually designed to get him open shots.   He's only been in the league 5 years.  For the past 3 years Mark Jackson ran a primitive offense that had Curry creating his own 3 pointers off the dribble while completely guarded, and he still hit about 44 percent of them with a hand in his face.  

None of this is a knock on Nash, a first ballot hall of famer.    What he was able to do with the ball was magic.  I especially like when he drove BEHIND the basket turning the defense toward him and then kicking out to a trailer.  Never say anyone do that nearly as well.   Incredible at every facet of the offensive game, and much better at protecting the ball than Steph too.

They are both great shooters, but I think Durant is better than either of them, and Larry Bird probably was too.   

Edited by Predicto

None of this is a knock on Nash, a first ballot hall of famer.    What he was able to do with the ball was magic.  I especially like when he drove BEHIND the basket turning the defense toward him and then kicking out to a trailer.  Never say anyone do that nearly as well.   Incredible at every facet of the offensive game, and much better at protecting the ball than Steph too.

It's a strange thing to watch sometimes when players can do that.  99% of NBA players have to explode to the rim, get a great screen, or shot fake and drive to get to the rim.  Then there are guys like Steve Nash who have a freaky ability to just decide they want to go there and do so.  His ability to get behind the basket and keep his dribble comfortably alive was his super power.  I watch guys like John Wall and Russell Westbrook try to get near the rim and it looks like they are using every scrap of their natural gifts, Nash didn't even look particularly rushed.  He just jogged anywhere he wanted to go on the court with his head up daring any defender to take a swipe at the ball.  The second any help came, someone on his team got an easy shot. 

He's not the only guy that has the skill of simply getting near the rim without using superior size and speed to do it, though he was the only one that did it almost entirely intending to pass it.  DWade is another player that seems to have that uncanny ability.  He takes a dribble turns his back and is teleported from the 3 point line to 6 feet away ready to flip up a one handed shot like he dropped through a worm hole.  No explosion, no screen, no shot fake.  It can't be taught.    

Edited by Destino

Opening Night and this thread is on the 2nd page?

Anyway, my predictions

West:
Spurs

Clippers

Mavericks

Thunder

Grizzlies

Rockets

Warriors

Nuggets

East:

Cavs

Bulls

Raptors

Wizards

Heat

Bobc Hornets

Pacers

Nets

(Nothing will please me more than a Wizards/Boca Hornets first round matchup)

Finals:
Spurs over Bulls

Edited by MLSKINS

West:
Spurs

Clippers

Thunder (would be higher but Durant is going to miss too much early season)

Warriors

Mavericks

Grizzlies

Blazers

Rockets (if they trade for Rajon Rondo, they move up several spots)

No room for the Suns or the Nuggets or the Pelicans - the West is crazy again)

East:

Cavs

Bulls

Raptors

Wizards

Hornets

Pacers

Heat

Pistons

Finals:
Cavs over Thunder

Keep that asshole tight, Mookie

Haha. Rape is funny.

(I know you didn't mean nothing by it Sin. Just a pet peeve of mine.)

But for real, crazy story. Swear didn't hear a damn thing about it before and next thing I know, "*BREAKING NEWS* Mookie Blaylock sentenced to seven years in prison" or whatever his sentence is. And man, talk about a player EVERYONE forgot about. Forget not hearing about his crime/arrest/trial, I damn near forgot he ever even existed, period.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Not good when a player has an ankle injury and he didn't really, obviously turn it. Lakers season could have already just gotten even ****tier.

Talking about Julius Randle for those not watching.

Oh wow, **** just got real serious. Did I see a stretcher out there?

Yeah he's ****ed up. Bad. Always sad to see with a youngster. His first ****ing game too. Couldn't care less about the Lakers but man...

Holy ****, now they're saying he has a broken leg. Damn.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Kobe looking like he hates life right now. Just like, "****..."

Reporter said he broke it? How could they possibly know that fast unless it was obvious looking, like Paul Georges?

She said that's what Lakers doctors/trainers told her. That's why they put an aircast on him Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Damn, can't believe Nick Young is almost 30. Thank the ****ing basketball gods that's not our problem anymore.

Speaking of problems, anyone know if anyone signed Baltche? Saw a funny article in the offseason, think it was someone at Yahoo Sports, where he ranked the top free agents. Had Baltche in his top ten. So throughout the offseason, he was updating the article when players signed or with rumors or whatever. So near the end of the big free agent frenzy time, everyone in his top ten had signed...except Baltche. His update on Baltche was basically, "Well, talking to folks, I really didn't know what I was talking about with Baltche, he shouldn't have been anywhere near my top ten, I'm an idiot." Lol. I can't bring myself to google him. The memories...still so sickening. Where art thou hands11?

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Damn, can't believe Nick Young is almost 30. Thank the ****ing basketball gods that's not our problem anymore.

Speaking of problems, anyone know if anyone signed Baltche? Saw a funny article in the offseason, think it was someone at Yahoo Sports, where he ranked the top free agents. Had Baltche in his top ten. So throughout the offseason, he was updating the article when players signed or with rumors or whatever. So near the end of the big free agent frenzy time, everyone in his top ten had signed...except Baltche. His update on Baltche was basically, "Well, talking to folks, I really didn't know what I was talking about with Baltche, he shouldn't have been anywhere near my top ten, I'm an idiot." Lol. I can't bring myself to google him. The memories...still so sickening. Where art thou hands11?

Blatche is in China.

He plays on the same team as Jordan Crawford.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH