Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Sebastian Telfair is still in the league...

Gtfo. Seriously? For who?

Oh and I can't wait to see PTI tomorrow. Just a few days after declaring there was zero chance the Skins would win and then completely ignoring that failure the day after, they BOTH declared there was zero chance the Cavs would lose to the "dreadful Knicks" (Wilbon) and Kornheiser saying it would be a "BIG deal" if they did lose (but no chance they would).

It's funny, you don't follow other teams enough to know how often they're talking out their ass but (and this applies ESPECIALLY to Around the Horn and pretty much ALL of ESPN) whenever they briefly talk about one of your squads, you're shocked at how much they're talking out their ass. The only conclusion you can come to is if it's true for your teams, it's gotta be true for damn near everything.

(Kornheiser is just brutal. I mean he's based out of here, runs a ****ing sports talk show on one of the local sports talk stations and yet he obviously knows nothing about DC sports. How the **** is he going to be knowing what he's talking about when it comes to teams from other cities? Wilbon is just a douche. And the worst kind of douche, a natural one, doesn't need to try, just is, a constant and then is oblivious that he is. There's hope when someone knows they're being a douche. And none at all when they don't.)

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1

Telfair was supposed to be the next big thing, coming straight out of high school. I don't remember the details but he didn't impress scouts and slid to the mid-1st (Minnesota? Don't remember.) Basically been a journeyman ever since. Still isn't a bad career but gonna suck when you so highly touted and pumped. (I almost want to say he was the very first high schooler to be on the cover of Slam! Magazine. Pretty sure that's right. And yeah, that just shows you the hype around him back when)

While we're on this, let's guess on what his career earnings are. I'm going to say $40 mil. Anyone else? (And i swear on RGIII's, John Wall's and Bryce Harper's knees I haven't looked it up already)

Btw, I know it's wrong to laugh at a person's injuries, but I almost can't help myself with Westbrook. I think he's such a clown. No doubt he thought this was his moment to shine and take over the team from Durant.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Curious to your opinion on this Predicto:

http://thedissnba.com/2013/04/08/monday-media-the-worst-broadcast-team-in-the-league/

Are they really that bad?

I probably have and just don't remember, but I can't recall ever watching a Warriors broadcast. I honestly believe we have the best broadcast team in Buck and Phil (particularly Buck) so I always take interest in what other organizations are riding with.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

The Thunder is EASILY the worst team in the NBA without Westbrook and Durant. They would be extremely lucky to go into 2015 with double digit wins. I think the Thunder will miss the playoffs.

Westbrook and Durant ain't gonna miss that much time. Durant will be back by December and they'll be winning again soon after. They won't miss the playoffs.

Also, nobody is worse than Philly. Kendrick Perkins would be one of their best players.

GALCOB - aside from how he dresses, what makes Russ a clown?

I don't know, I kind of agree with GACOLB about him. It's just the way he plays. He's a low IQ player with seemingly zero self-consciousness that gives 1000% effort and is so spectacularly athletic that he pulls it all off somehow. With him it's either utter brilliance or he makes you cringe. There is no in between.

Westbrook is my favorite player in the league. I will not let people speak badly of him.

I also think he serves a valuable role in shielding Durant from scrutiny. If Durant was alone on that team, we would be asking a lot of public questions about why he doesn't demand the ball in crunch time and why a 7-footer has no post game at this point in his career. Instead, we just blame Westbrook for everything.

• Like 1

Meh, nerves. They'll be fine.

I did chuckle at"Greatest sporting event ever", though.

Gotta pay your dues. These dudes don't know how to win. Might take until December for them to start rolling.

Agreed. And it'll take longer than that for them to learn how to win late in the year and in the postseason.

Nate Silver predicted 65 wins. Oh excuse me, they'll probably win a few less than that because they'll have such a huge lead in the standings they'll rest all their good players down the stretch and forfeit a couple.

And I'm a delusional Wizards homer lowballing them for predicting they'll ONLY win 20 or 25 more games than last season.

Wow....I knew CLE would have growing pains but to lose to the ****ty Knicks?

This is going to be a lot like Miami, I think. Those three guys had no feel for how to play with each other last night. Lot's of "It's your turn/Now it's my turn" basketball.

One thing: They are going to get 6 free points a game off Kevin Love outlet passes. That is going to be insanely fun to watch.

Defensively, it's not good, and I'm not entirely sure how it's going to get good.

But they are going to win a ton of games, because there is entirely too much offensive firepower to not.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Westbrook is my favorite player in the league. I will not let people speak badly of him.

I also think he serves a valuable role in shielding Durant from scrutiny. If Durant was alone on that team, we would be asking a lot of public questions about why he doesn't demand the ball in crunch time and why a 7-footer has no post game at this point in his career. Instead, we just blame Westbrook for everything.

We blame Westbrook for everything because it's generally really his fault. Durant had no problems with getting the ball when Westbrook was injured last season. In fact, it's the main reason he ended up being MVP. 

Westbrook and Durant ain't gonna miss that much time. Durant will be back by December and they'll be winning again soon after. They won't miss the playoffs.

Also, nobody is worse than Philly. Kendrick Perkins would be one of their best players.

Philly is the worst team, that's clear. I will say though that if the thunder dig too big a hole it will be tough to make the playoffs in the west. The 8 seed out west will have a respectable record.

We blame Westbrook for everything because it's generally really his fault. Durant had no problems with getting the ball when Westbrook was injured last season. In fact, it's the main reason he ended up being MVP.

But in the post season the Thunder offense doesn't go without Westbrook. Durant is the better player but Westbrook is a great player in his own right. The problem with the thunder however has never been those two, they get next to nothing from everyone else in the playoffs because Brooks cant design an offense that isn't Westbrook and Durant taking turns.

This could be good for OKC, try and figure out how to win with out having have westy and KD go ham every night.

two of the best players in the league, both out is not a good thing

Especially when they have a coach whose offense is just get the ball to those two and let them score. OKC is in a lot of trouble