Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Ok, so Kobe....

14-37.  He looks as selfish as ever. 

What Kobe is doing is called "taking charge" when you are part of a great team that rides you to three championships.

It's called "selfish" when you are on a terrible team with no one else who can do anything and you don't win. 

I'm not the biggest Kobe fan, but I'd rather have him taking shots than Carlos Boozer or Wesley Johnson.

I dunno guys....just watched a clip of him on a 3 on 1 and he took it to the hoop (and missed) rather than making an easy pass.  Defenses are collapsing on him and he's not looking for the open man.  He can pass...just chooses not to. 

@nateduncannba Only 8 of Kobe's 37 shots were uncontested. Shot 5-8 on those, 9-29 on contested shots. http://t.co/DcYsnMhiWJ

Kobe is being that guy we've all seen in pick up games. He decides that he's better than everyone on his team so he never passes it and then looks around like questioning why no one else is scoring any points.

But we all knew this was going to happen and we will watch Kobe's star burn itself out magnificently.

• Like 1

That's the story of Kobe's career. He would rather take a contested shot than hit the open man. He doesn't trust his teammates when his teams are actually good. There is no chance he'll trust any of the guys on this crappy team.

I think his will to compete is flat out amazing. Probably the closest thing to Jordan's since Jordan. He's hard as a rock too, there is definitely nothing soft about him whatsoever. But his inability to trust his teammates is the single biggest thing that's limited him in his career and kept him from ever truly being MJ's equal.

He's going to demand a trade. Wasn't he almost a Bull before Gasol came along?

Can't see him doing this for this whole year and the Lakers don't project to be any better next year. It's time for them to blow it up.

Who would take his contract? The Nets? He isn't going anywhere.

Is it just me or does Lebron not look right? Like, his body language. It feels like he's just going through the emotions. Just his vibe. I don't know, probably just mind facting.

I really think the Pressure is getting to him thus far. The only game he looked ok in was the Bulls one and that was because he always gets up for those games.

He'll be ok tho.

Carmelo and Kobe in NYC playing 2 v 5 would be a spectacle.

One would kill the other before the first TV tome out Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Whenever those Kidd Nets teams were winning.

Those were dark days lol

That was then. There might as well not even have been an Eastern Conference then.

01-02, two teams won 50 games. Detroit won 50 and Kidd and New Jersey were clearly the class of the division with 52 wins.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001–02_NBA_season

The next season was even worse. A single team, one, uno, won 50 games: Detroit. And they won exactly 50.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002–03_NBA_season

Just quickly going through the standings, season by season, looks like 06-07 was another bad one. Don't remember much about that one. 01-02 and 02-03 were unforgettable though, for their absolute ****tiness. And of course the GOAT still couldn't get our Wizards in the playoffs either year. Selfish prick (I've discussed it before but I'll always resent MJ for selfishly using my squad for his bull**** circle jerk retirement tour. Inflated the true value of the team and cost us much needed lottery balls. Including in arguably the greatest draft class ever. Thank you for Arvis Hayes and Jared Jeffries Mike. Much appreciated.)

Big showdown tonight.   The Los Angeles Flopping Salmon vs. the Golden God Warriors.   We know the Clippers are going to be contenders this year.  Are the Warriors for real?  

Do the mostly healthy Warriors have the means to slow down Blake "I suddenly want to be Lamarcus Aldridge and shoot all mid-range jumpers" Griffin?  

Will Chris Paul get 23 points, 13 assists and 7 fakey injuries that look like he was shot with a howitzer?  

Will David Lee come back for the Warriors and have his first 9 shots stuffed back in his face by DeAndre Jordan like he always does?

Will Steph Curry hit a pair of threes from the lobby of the Chinese restaurant at the corner of S. Figueroa and W. Olympic?  

Will Matt Barnes finally kill someone on live TV?  

Do Klay Thompson's girlfriend have da booty? (Oh yes, she dooooooo.....)

qQkZQ8Z.jpg

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 6