Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Toronto beat us like a red headed stepchild. Left their starters in the whole fourth quarter just to get Kyle Lowry his triple double.

Toronto is going to be the one seed. They're built to win during the regular season.

But they'll get to the playoffs and drop a series against any of the Wizards/Cavs/Bulls/Heat.

Lmao.

There's nothing better than preseason favorites and circlejerks becoming cluster****s (the Seahawks are another example)

There is no link being muslim and the star stangled banner unless he hates america. If this is the case, get the **** out of the NBA and stop making american money

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=5790863&i=TOP&y=1a29q

Looks like I was wrong about Magic being one of the two that got a triple double at a younger age. Looks like I got it mixed up with number of games to get it.

Also his 9 steals in his third game, the home opener, tied a franchise record.

Magic went Pro after his sophomore season. Wasn't really thinking he would play pro ball at that point. He was more concerned with his degree. He didn't realize how good he was back then.

There is no link being muslim and the star stangled banner unless he hates america. If this is the case, get the **** out of the NBA and stop making american money

Major brain fart: dude in the 90's had the same deal, what was his name? He had some lame, forgettable, classic American name but changed it when he converted to Islam. I can't remember either of them. IIRC he played for the Nuggets. And I don't think he stayed in the locker room for the national anthem, I think he just refused to stand up for it (which is even more disrespectful in my opinion).

Chris Jackson. Played for the Nuggets at the time I think.

EDIT: Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf

Didn't even finish your post when I remembered the situation. Good call on the Nuggets too.

That's it! Thank you sir.

He actually had a pretty long career I believe. Little small, skinny guard.

(And being online, that was something I could've easily looked up, but I think we lose a lot of good discussions like that.)

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Lance Stephenson is having a real hard time scoring this season. He's got 6 points on 12 shots right now and this isn't his worst shooting night of the season. They need more than single digit scoring from their shiny new free agent getting 34 minutes a game.

Edited by Destino

As a big fan of athletes masquerading as basketball players getting a ton of burn on bad teams, I'm loving what Tony Wroten has done so far this year. 22pts-7ast-4rb-3s a game while averaging nearly 5 turnovers a game. He's been an absolutely wreckless joy to watch for me as someone with absolutely no investment in what Philly is trying to do this year.

Now if the Mavs can somehow unload Ricky Ledo onto a bad squad desperate for 2-guard production I'll be in basketball heaven.

Mark Cuban wonders out loud if the Thunder should tank.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/11849585/mark-cuban-oklahoma-city-thunder-mull-race-bottom

I like how Tim McMahon completely missed Cuban's point. ESPN reporting is so amateur. Cuban was speaking satirically to criticize the lottery system. I thought that was pretty clear in this statement:

"We already specialize in a race to the bottom," Cuban said. "More participants won't change anything. They're all high-profile participants."

And the ESPN reporter took it at face value. They are so stupid.

As a big fan of athletes masquerading as basketball players getting a ton of burn on bad teams, I'm loving what Tony Wroten has done so far this year. 22pts-7ast-4rb-3s a game while averaging nearly 5 turnovers a game. He's been an absolutely wreckless joy to watch for me as someone with absolutely no investment in what Philly is trying to do this year.

Now if the Mavs can somehow unload Ricky Ledo onto a bad squad desperate for 2-guard production I'll be in basketball heaven.

I call that the World B Free Theory.

There are some players that are intended by God to put up 25 a game on terrible teams. Ricky Davis was always a joy to watch right up to the point his teams approached .500.

Dion Waiters is probably destined to be that kind of player.

(Cleveland seems to have had an inordinate number of those dudes over the years actually).

Lakers doing a great job on the Hornets tonight. Lin finally looks like he's settling down for that team and playing good ball. 

5 of the next 7 for the Lakers are on the road and the two home games are the Spurs and Warriors.

They just completed an easy stretch of their schedule.

• Like 1