Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Awesome use of Goodfellas.

I love that .gif   Look at me, guys, I'm laughing really hard, I'm one of you, look how hard I am laughing,  I know you are all coldblooded killers and I need to fit in or I'm a dead man, look at me laugh and don't kill me please.

Incredible acting and direction.  

Mrs. Scorsese - Why don't you get yourself a nice girl?

Pesci - (pause with annoyed look) I get a nice one almost every night ma

Mrs. Scorsese - Yeah but get yourself a girl so you can settle down...you know...

Pesci - ...I settle almost every night and then by the morning I'm free, I wanna be with you mom, I love you

Joe Pesci, such a boss.

Edited by Sticksboi05

Mrs. Scorsese - Why don't you get yourself a nice girl?

Pesci - (pause with annoyed look) I get a nice one almost every night ma

Mrs. Scorsese - Yeah but get yourself a girl so you can settle down...you know...

Pesci - ...I settle almost every night and then by the morning I'm free, I wanna be with you mom, I love you

Joe Pesci, such a boss.

Something that interests me: In real life, the guy Pesci played was 20 years younger than Pesci - he died at 28 - was in the movie. He was also a 6'2 weightlifter.

Everything else was fairly accurate, but it's so different when he is the smallest guy on the screen versus if he was the biggest guy.

None of this has anything to do with the NBA. Derrick Rose's knees make me sad.

Something that interests me: In real life, the guy Pesci played was 20 years younger than Pesci - he died at 28 - was in the movie. He was also a 6'2 weightlifter.

Everything else was fairly accurate, but it's so different when he is the smallest guy on the screen versus if he was the biggest guy.

None of this has anything to do with the NBA. Derrick Rose's knees make me sad.

Rose is going the way of Bird and Bill Walton except without wrapping up a championship and Hall of Fame legacy beforehand.

Rose is a lot like Pavel Bure for a non-basketball comparison.

Eh, it should be noted that Bennett might be the worst #1 pick ever. Certainly had the worst rookie season of any #1 pick. He brought very little trade value in return.

Young is a nice player, but everything about this trade hinges on how good Wiggins ends up being. If he ends up being a perennial All Star, then this was as good a deal as Minny could get.

Just when there was some parody, the NBA rights itself again and one conference is already wrapped up.  Oh well, 2016 will be here soon enough.

I wouldn't be so sure about Cleveland. I don't think they'll be a juggernaut this year. It takes more than assembling a handful of All Stars to be a good team. Maybe they become a super team with another offseason to gel and build the right roster around their big three. I like the Wizards's chances against them this year.

Ha. Looks like Cleveland is addressing their depth at center...

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/25/cleveland-cavaliers-zyndrunas-ilgauskas-comeback

Report: Zydrunas Ilgauskas to attempt comeback to NBA

Former Cleveland Cavaliers center Zydrunas Ilgauskas is attempting a comeback to the NBA, ESPN Cleveland reports.

Ilgauskas, 39, last played for the Miami Heat in 2011. The 7-foot-3 center wants to join the Cavs this season if he is medically cleared to play. Early in his career, foot problems limited Ilgauskas and caused him to miss the entire 1999-2000 season. ESPN Cleveland reports Ilgauskas wants to play 10-15 minutes per game if he is healthy.

I mean, I like the fact that he doesn't just want to be a Juwan Howard but...10-15 Minutes a game? Good luck Big Z.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

I wouldn't be so sure about Cleveland. I don't think they'll be a juggernaut this year. It takes more than assembling a handful of All Stars to be a good team. Maybe they become a super team with another offseason to gel and build the right roster around their big three. I like the Wizards's chances against them this year.

Of course you do.

I thought the Cavaliers got the best of that trade. Wiggins is an unknown in the NBA. Love is not.

Plus if I'm unsure I always look at who is pulling the trigger. Flop Saunders? Yeah, the Cavs made out better.

Yup. Love had the 3rd best PER last year.

Wiggins is unproven. And Bennett has been a huge bust to this point. Young was a great addition though. Solid player.

I thought the Cavaliers got the best of that trade. Wiggins is an unknown in the NBA. Love is not.

Plus if I'm unsure I always look at who is pulling the trigger. Flop Saunders? Yeah, the Cavs made out better.

They definitely won the trade. Even if Wiggins is better than Love eventually, that's eventually, not now. LeBron probably has another three or four peak seasons before he goes from being in the top tier of the league with KD to a tier below that. Giving him Kevin Love now gives you the best window to win a championship rather than an Andrew Wiggins and diminished LeBron later.

Plus Wiggins plays the same position as LeBron, and neither are shooters. It was never going to be optimal playing them on the floor together. In theory, LeBron and Love are a natural forward tandem that should be very easy to build an elite offense around. Only problem is their lousy C situation is going to mitigate the benefit of having the best true SF and PF tandem in the league. I bet anything LeBron ends up getting most of his minutes at PF and Love gets his at C this season.

But they might be able to fix this in a future offseason by getting a true center. A good one. One that's defensive minded and can start would be the ideal. If they had an Omer Asik, I think anyone could play guard for that team and they'd still be outstanding.

I think Minnesota won the trade.  They had already lost Love, and they genuinely risked getting nothing for him.  Somehow, they translated that weak hand into Wiggins who was only the No. 1 pick this year, plus a very good player in Young, plus the possibility that they might be able to make something of Bennett.   They didn't have to take on a single player or bad contract that they wouldn't want to keep.   That is a great haul under the circumstances.    

I think Minnesota won the trade. They had already lost Love, and they genuinely risked getting nothing for him. Somehow, they translated that weak hand into Wiggins who was only the No. 1 pick this year, plus a very good player in Young, plus the possibility that they might be able to make something of Bennett. They didn't have to take on a single player or bad contract that they wouldn't want to keep. That is a great haul under the circumstances.

I think the Cavs made out fairly well but I agree with you. Look at the Melo, CP3, and Howard trades and I think that the TWolves made out much better on paper than any of those teams that were forced to trade away a star player. This assumes, of course, that Wiggins proves to be an allstar level player (eventually, not as a rookie). If he does the TWolves made out spectacularly and might even have gotten more in return than they surrendered.

They absolutely got more than they surrendered, because Love was not going to stay.   All they surrendered was one more season of his services.   You rarely get much of anything in those situations, certainly not anything with the potential of Wiggins.   Even if Wiggins turns out to be just another guy who is ok, you got more than you surrendered.

• Like 1

So aside from the fact that Minnesota stupidly gave Love a short contract that made him an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year and completely screwed up their roster for the last half decade to the point that they drove the second best player in franchise history to the breaking point, they totally played this perfectly.

Good for them. Well done.

In four years, they might be a seventh seed.

So aside from the fact that Minnesota stupidly gave Love a short contract that made him an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year and completely screwed up their roster for the last half decade to the point that they drove the second best player in franchise history to the breaking point, they totally played this perfectly.

Good for them. Well done.

In four years, they might be a seventh seed.

They played THIS trade perfectly.   

Overall, they have been a dysfunctional franchise for a long time.   No doubt about that.