Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

First of all, Spiller is not unproven.  With 250 touches he was the 6th best fantasy RB, and that's not even counting PPR.  He had 43 receptions, and there's no reason to expect that to go down.

His new coach said they're going to "feed him the ball until he throws up".

He's talented, he's got the starting gig, he's got a run-friendly coach, what more can you ask for?

All of that said, McCoy is in an equally RB-friendly situation and he's not a reach at pick 4 by any means.  Either one of them is completely reasonable there.

Thanks for the feedback guys.  

In years past it was a lock for at least 2 or 3 QBs going in round one and 4 or 5 more before the end of round 3.  After last season though, I think everyone is falling in love with RBs again.  So I expect that I will be able to get a good QB in round 2 or 3 if I want or I can probably wait and still nab a guy like Luck or Romo sits to pee later.  

I also considered Calvin for a fleeting second but WR seems extremely deep this year so I'm confident I will still get some good receivers in round 3 or later.  

As for Spiller not being unproven, I disagree.  I want to see a guy put up solid numbers for more than 1 year before I consider him a fantasy stud.  Trust me, I know, I drafted Steve Slaton #10 overall in 2009.

I think I'm just going to pay close attention to the Bills and Eagles last few preseason games and try to make my best decision between CJ and Shady.  As for Foster, I'm scratching him from my list.  With his injuries and no preseason games under his belt, it's just too much of a risk at #4 overall.

Just did my draft tonight. Money league with friends. 10-teams and ESPN standard scoring.

QB - Andrew Luck

RB - Jamaal Charles

RB - Trent Richardson

WR - Demarylus Thomas

WR - Danny Amendola

TE - Jared Cook

Flex - David Wilson

D - Packers

K - Phil Dawson

Bench:

Hakeen Nicks

Gio Bernard

T.Y. Hilton

Lawfirm

Golden Tate

Andy Dalton

Fred Davis

I just don't trust Amendola to put up Welker like numbers.  I see Belichik weighing heavy on the run this year, especially in the red zone.  I'd start Nicks all health and matchups being equal.

Thanks for the feedback guys.  

In years past it was a lock for at least 2 or 3 QBs going in round one and 4 or 5 more before the end of round 3.  After last season though, I think everyone is falling in love with RBs again.  So I expect that I will be able to get a good QB in round 2 or 3 if I want or I can probably wait and still nab a guy like Luck or Romo sits to pee later.  

I also considered Calvin for a fleeting second but WR seems extremely deep this year so I'm confident I will still get some good receivers in round 3 or later.  

As for Spiller not being unproven, I disagree.  I want to see a guy put up solid numbers for more than 1 year before I consider him a fantasy stud.  Trust me, I know, I drafted Steve Slaton #10 overall in 2009.

I think I'm just going to pay close attention to the Bills and Eagles last few preseason games and try to make my best decision between CJ and Shady.  As for Foster, I'm scratching him from my list.  With his injuries and no preseason games under his belt, it's just too much of a risk at #4 overall.

I'd go Spiller and handcuff him with Jackson in a much later round. Spiller is very good in a PPR league. Foster I would go with first, but he is already working through a back injury that is affecting his legs, and that kind of a problem can worsen, plus because of that Tate is going much higher so you'd have to use a higher pick on him as a handcuff.

Here's my dilemma. We can carry over only one player from last year. I have both Adrian Peterson and Robert Griffin III. Who do I keep and who do I release?

I pick 12th in this year's serpentine draft.

You know the answer to that question. Do not forsake Threesus. That would be bad juju.

As I draft Monday night, I figure it's about time I did a mock.

Relatively happy to ease back in with this for a starter:

1. Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
2. Chris Johnson (Ten- RB)
3. DeMarco Murray (Dal - RB)
4. Pierre Garcon (Was - WR)
5.Wes Welker (Den - WR)
6. Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)
7. Robert Griffin III (Was - QB)
8. Lance Moore (NO - WR)
9. Cincinnati (Cin - DEF)
10.Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)
11. Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)
12. Pierre Thomas (NO- RB)
13. Kai Forbath (Was - K)
14. Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)
15. Roy Helu (Was - RB) 

I was drafting 7th. So the rounds went 7/ 6/ 7/ 6 etc. Yahoo PPR. 

Hail. 

12-team super deep league, PPR, 1 Point per Completion (I know, right?). Rosters are QB, 2xRB, 3xWR, TE, 2xWRT, K, DEF, 4x IDP

Cecil was an auto-pick that I'm not particularly happy with, but WRs flew off the board for some reason.

Had my draft last weekend. 12 team standard scoring league. No keepers, fresh start. I had the #1 overall pick. Snake draft.

Here's my team by round:

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Peyton Manning

3. Demaryius Thomas

4. Darren McFadden

5. Danny Amendola

6. T.Y. Hilton

7. Ahmad Bradshaw

8. Golden Tate

9. Brandon Pettigrew

10. Vick Ballard

11. Lance Moore

12. Danny Woodhead

13. Greg Jennings

13. Kai Forbath

14. NYG DST

Thoughts?

Just got Robert in the 6th, w00t! PPR league, full roster is:

QB: RGIII, Romo sits to pee

RB: Rice, Sproles, Ivory, Ingram, Bush

WR: Marshall, AJ, S. Smith, Sanders, Randle

TE: B. Meyers

K: Tucker

DEF: Rams

OK my big money draft $250 14 team PPR (Top 2 get paid). 5th Pick. Results below. Comments?

Griffin III, Robert QB WAS 5         5.5         Weeden, Brandon QB CLE 10         12.10         Cousins, Kirk QB WAS 5         15.5         Rice, Ray RB BAL 8         1.5         Wilson, David RB NYG 9         3.5         Ball, Montee RB DEN 9         4.10         Bell, Le'veon RB PIT 5         9.5         Harris, Dujuan RB GBP 4         13.5         Jones, Julio WR ATL 6         2.10         Jackson, DeSean WR PHI 12         6.10         Boldin, Anquan WR SFO 9         7.5         Tate, Golden WR SEA 12         8.10         Patterson, Cordarrelle WR MIN 5         11.5         Robinson, Aldrick WR WAS 5         18.10         Bennett, Martellus TE CHI 8         10.10         Celek, Brent TE PHI 12         14.10         Gostkowski, Stephen K NEP 10         16.10         WAS Redskins D WAS 5         17.5

in my big money league i have the 8th pick in a 12 team league and i think that is one of the best spots to have.  PPR = 1 pt per reception and TDs for Qbs are 5 pts.  What strategy should i use for the first two rounds.  I feel like the make or break pick is the 2nd round pick in this spot.  Thoughts?

Just did my draft tonight. Money league with friends. 10-teams and ESPN standard scoring.

QB - Andrew Luck

RB - Jamaal Charles

RB - Trent Richardson

WR - Demarylus Thomas

WR - Danny Amendola

TE - Jared Cook

Flex - David Wilson

D - Packers

K - Phil Dawson

Bench:

Hakeen Nicks

Gio Bernard

T.Y. Hilton

Lawfirm

Golden Tate

Andy Dalton

Fred Davis

How did you get both Charles and Richardson (Even in a 10 team draft)? They're both top 8 picks.  Great team though

in my big money league i have the 8th pick in a 12 team league and i think that is one of the best spots to have.  PPR = 1 pt per reception and TDs for Qbs are 5 pts.  What strategy should i use for the first two rounds.  I feel like the make or break pick is the 2nd round pick in this spot.  Thoughts?

Two RBs first Choice or RB WR if the RB run is heavier than expected in the 1st early 2d.

What wrs were available when you picked Ridley?

I think the best strategy, especially early, is to just let the draft come to you. Don't go in with a set idea that you're going to take certain positions in certain rounds. Go for bpa and value

How did you get both Charles and Richardson (Even in a 10 team draft)? They're both top 8 picks.  Great team though

Two RBs first Choice or RB WR if the RB run is heavier than expected in the 1st early 2d.

Round: 1

(1) Team Thomas - Adrian Peterson RB

(2) Knox Harrington - Arian Foster RB

(3) PRESTIGE WORLDWIDE - Doug Martin RB

(4) Feed the Horse - Aaron Rodgers QB

(5) Team Bishop - Marshawn Lynch RB

** (6) Thrift Schaub - Jamaal Charles RB

(7) This Is Science - Ray Rice RB

(8) Robbins Thicke - C.J. Spiller RB

(9) Bud Kilmer's Coyotes  - LeSean McCoy RB

(10) That's What Cheesehead - Calvin Johnson WR

Round: 2

(11) That's What Cheesehead - Peyton Manning QB

(12) Bud Kilmer's Coyotes  - Alfred Morris RB

(13) Robbins Thicke - Matt Forte RB

(14) This Is Science - Dez Bryant WR

** (15) Thrift Schaub - Trent Richardson RB

(16) Team Bishop - Stevan Ridley RB

(17) Feed the Horse - Frank Gore RB

(18) PRESTIGE WORLDWIDE - Maurice Jones-Drew RB

(19) Knox Harrington - A.J. Green WR

(20) Team Thomas - Drew Brees QB

** - Represent my pick.

I had the 6th pick first round and 5th pick in second round based on the snake. I got real lucky and Peyton Manning went early in my opinion.

12-team super deep league, PPR, 1 Point per Completion (I know, right?). Rosters are QB, 2xRB, 3xWR, TE, 2xWRT, K, DEF, 4x IDP

Cecil was an auto-pick that I'm not particularly happy with, but WRs flew off the board for some reason.

I was about to say you Brees was a reach while McCoy and Graham were steals but then noticed 1 point per completion.  Not sure how that affects a draft but your first 6 picks went well for you. 

I agree with that but who do i take with that 2nd round pick, i just did a mock draft and i got ridley in the 2nd round and lamar miller in the 3rd. 

Ridley in the 2d is a bit of a reach, he's usually an early third,  Miller needs to go mid 3rd to mid 4th. I'd Take Julio Jones and the receivers ranked higher than him prior to Ridley.

Archived