Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

Definitely like Lacy. Was able to get him in the 9th round in my draft last Saturday. Could be a big steal.

In my keeper league, you can keep a player for what you drafted them the year before. Round up to $20 if you get them off waivers or pay less than $20. Next year, going into our 3rd year in this format, players can be kept for more than 1 season, but their keeper value goes up to what their avg. yahoo draft rate was. So While I am keeping AP for $29 (his rate last year) and Alf for $20 (he was $1 last year), they will both be expensive to keep next year ($45 is the round-down price, so they won't be any more than that, but still not a "steal" like i have this year. I am trying to get Lacy/Bernard as my #4/5 RBs so that I can, at the very least, have them as keeper options if they emerge late in the season. If one of the two ends up having a Top 15 season, they'd be projected pretty high in 2014 and I could keep them for just $20. 

That's not a bad group at all. Smith seems like a breakout candidate and if Britt is healthy, could be a steal at WR4.

I just picked up Kenbrell Thompkins. Amendola is slightly overrated and has an injury history. Thompkins might end up as the Pats #1 guy at some point this year.

Evil ... I absolutely love those first three picks. Brees-Graham combo will by dynamic. Charles will be a beast, even if not a PPR format. I think Garcon will be big this year, just not sure if he's a reliable #1. He might be more of a #2H ... but still, that's kind of what you get when you go all in on Graham, so considering the advantage you're going to have there with Graham ... I think it's an acceptable drop-off.

I'd be a bit concerned at RB, but I just posted about loving Bernard. Don't give up on him too early. He might be more of a flex to start the year, but could be a solid RB2 when he's starting full-time Week 8-9 on

I just picked up Kenbrell Thompkins. Amendola is slightly overrated and has an injury history. Thompkins might end up as the Pats #1 guy at some point this year.

I took Thompkins late in my draft. Think he is a nice sleeper. Someone besides Amendola has got to catch passes. And who knows how long Gronk could be out for. I've read nothing but good things from Thompkins in camp so he has the potential it seems.

Evil ... I absolutely love those first three picks. Brees-Graham combo will by dynamic. Charles will be a beast, even if not a PPR format. I think Garcon will be big this year, just not sure if he's a reliable #1. He might be more of a #2H ... but still, that's kind of what you get when you go all in on Graham, so considering the advantage you're going to have there with Graham ... I think it's an acceptable drop-off.

I'd be a bit concerned at RB, but I just posted about loving Bernard. Don't give up on him too early. He might be more of a flex to start the year, but could be a solid RB2 when he's starting full-time Week 8-9 on

Yeah, I couldnt let Graham slide past me at 22...especially since I had a stud RB already picked..and when Brees was there at 27, it made too much sense to double up. I really was planning on taking Stafford in Round 5 or 6 or later..but Brees being available at 27 shocked me.

I just hate it when you have a draft with friends and there is one guy trying to be a joker and making absurd picks early on (like takingTerrelle Pryor and McFadden in Rounds 1&2). It cheapens the experience, to me.

Rant over.

;) 

I took Thompkins late in my draft. Think he is a nice sleeper. Someone besides Amendola has got to catch passes. And who knows how long Gronk could be out for. I've read nothing but good things from Thompkins in camp so he has the potential it seems.

Also picked up the back up TE for Gronk, Zach Sudfeld. Gronkowski is my #1 TE as well but he's likely to miss the first 3-4 weeks. Sudfeld at 6'7 will likely end up being Brady's #1 endzone target.

Also picked up the back up TE for Gronk, Zach Sudfeld. Gronkowski is my #1 TE as well but he's likely to miss the first 3-4 weeks. Sudfeld at 6'7 will likely end up being Brady's #1 endzone target.

I like him too. Again, we know the Pats are going to throw. So can't really go wrong taking a gamble on any of their WRs.

I'm targetting TY Hilton, Justin Blackmon and DeAndre Hopkins for my "cheap" back-end of the draft depth. 

But as for WR ... from this group, if you could choose 2, who would they be?

Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, Pierre Garcon

I want to go Fitz and Cobb ... but it might be more value to go Garcon

Also, being a down year for TE outside of Jimmy Graham ... I plan to grab two TEs that are only $1-2 a piece. My first choice is Jermichael Finley, and with his preseason he may actually go for $4-5 ... but I'm willing to pay that. For the backup with potential, who do you go with?

Tyler Eiffert, Jordan Cameron, Zach Sudfeld?

Yeah, I couldnt let Graham slide past me at 22...especially since I had a stud RB already picked..and when Brees was there at 27, it made too much sense to double up. I really was planning on taking Stafford in Round 5 or 6 or later..but Brees being available at 27 shocked me.

I had the same pick as you did (number 3) and went with Spiller, Graham, and Chris Johnson. I really think Johnson is going to have a nice year. I love the fact that I was able to get him on this team with Graham and Spiller.

In both of my drafts I have had so far, I ended up with

Waynw, Garcon, and Mike Williams. I guess since I go running back heavy early, I am stuck with the second tier receivers. But I think if healthy, Garcon and Wayne will produce this year.

I wanted Romo sits to pee as my QB too, but the dude snatched him before my pick. So I got stuck with Luck.

Any thoughts on dropping Crabtree or another player for that craptacular list of RB's that I listed (post #300)?

What do you think about Helu? He seems to gotten his explosiveness back.

Ok I'd like some opinions if you guys would. It's a keepers league and I've narrowed it down to 5 guys. I can keep 3.

Qb Rodgers (guaranteed spot QB is important in my league.)

RB - steven jackson, stevan ridley

WR - Bowe and Amendola

Thanks for any opinions. I'd like to add I lose a draft pick for every keeper so I can keep one or none of these and try to draft other guys.

Ok so with Bell hurt a guy is trying to dump him for a starter. This is a dynasty league. I have Chris Ivory who could or could not be a star in NY. Would you take the risk and move Ivroy for Bell?

I don't think Bell's ceiling is any higher than Ivory's and it might be lower.  I like Le'Veon Bell just for the workload he should theoretically get, but he hasn't impressed me at all in terms of real running ability from the few things I've seen.  On the other hand, who knows how often Ivory will stay on the field.

Single-player trades at the same position are sticky.  There's not really a way for both teams to improve.

My wide receiver situation looks awful for next season after Danario Alexander's injury

Demaryius Thomas

DeSean Jackson

Torrie Smith

Kenny Britt

I guess I'm just not sold on Torrie Smith. Don't know why I drafted him.

That's a solid group of receivers.  I think your biggest issue is that you may not have a true #2 wideout, you have a definite #1 and then three #3s.  That said, any of those three guys has the potential this year to put up top 15 numbers.  It's just a question of whether they'll do it in reality.

Ok I'd like some opinions if you guys would. It's a keepers league and I've narrowed it down to 5 guys. I can keep 3.

Qb Rodgers (guaranteed spot QB is important in my league.)

RB - steven jackson, stevan ridley

WR - Bowe and Amendola

Thanks for any opinions. I'd like to add I lose a draft pick for every keeper so I can keep one or none of these and try to draft other guys.

I would definitely keep both RBs.  What in particular makes QBs so valuable in your league?  Also, how many teams are in the league?

I'm in my first ever 8 team league. Don't think I'll like it.

I wouldn't do one competitively, but I have a fun one to stay in touch with college friends.  There's a little bit of joy in getting to have a totally stacked roster, even if everyone else has one too.

I would definitely keep both RBs.  What in particular makes QBs so valuable in your league?  Also, how many teams are in the league?

The QB's in my league get 6 points for throwing TD's, 1 point for every 20 yards throwing, and a 10 point bonus at 300 yards.  So having a really good QB is almost essential to winning a championship, and I won last year with him.  I was thinking the same with RB's and try to find some good WR's in the draft.  Oh and it's 12 teams.  

Just did my draft tonight. Money league with friends. 10-teams and ESPN standard scoring.

QB - Andrew Luck

RB - Jamaal Charles

RB - Trent Richardson

WR - Demarylus Thomas

WR - Danny Amendola

TE - Jared Cook

Flex - David Wilson

D - Packers

K - Phil Dawson

Bench:

Hakeen Nicks

Gio Bernard

T.Y. Hilton

Lawfirm

Golden Tate

Andy Dalton

Fred Davis

I have the draft for my primary league this coming Wednesday.  It's a full point PPR league with .2 per completion for QBs.

I'm picking 4th.

After speaking with the 3 people ahead of me, I'm fairly confident that the first 3 picks will be Peterson, Martin and Charles.  This is a nightmare scenario for me.  I really had my heart set on Charles but it doesn't sound like I will have a shot at him.  So now I'm basically looking at 3 guys, with my main focus on CJ Spiller and Arian Foster.  

Based on his injury issues, Foster scares the crap out of me and I know it would be a gut wrenching decision to pick him.  That being said, if he stays healthy, I know he's going to give me solid numbers pretty much every week.  

On the flip side, everything I read this preseason is making CJ Spiller sound like a no brainer.  Coming off a good season, explosive, run based offense.  However, this is the prototypical pick that blows up in my face.  My draft history has shown any time I take an "unproven" stud in the first round, it almost always turns out bad.  So that has me very leery about taking Spiller.

The only other guy I'm even slightly considering is Shady McCoy.  I know it would be a reach taking him at 4 but he's proven to be a dynamic fantasy RB in the past.  He might be the most elusive RB in the NFL today and I think he is going to potentially thrive in Kelly's offense.  

So if you were in my shoes, what would you do?  Is Spiller really going to live up to the hype?  Should I follow the experts advice and avoid Foster like the plague?  Is it really too crazy to take Shady at 4?

Any advice would be appreciated because I know I'll be torturing myself with this decision for the next 5 days.

I don't think Spiller or McCoy would be bad there. I do think I'd avoid Foster though. Too many questions with him already, plus you almost have to draft Ben Tate in probably the 6th or 7th round to make sure you handcuff Foster.

Spiller certainly has the potential to have a big season. But he has never been the main guy in Buffalo. I took him in my league at the 10th spot last week and was thrilled about.

McCoy will definitely see tons of touches in Philly. Chip Kelly likes to run and McCoy is more than capable of having a big year.

Another 2 guys you might consider are Brees and Calvin Johnson. I know it may be early for both of them, but if you're getting a point per completion, why not take the QB that usually throws the most passes?  Same goes for Calvin. The Lions lead the league in pass attempts last year and Calvin should definitely see his fair share of catches.

If you aren't in love with those RBs, Brees or Calvin may not be a terrible choice.

Actually, Stafford led the league in attemps and completions last year. Brees was 2nd in attempts but Romo sits to pee was 2nd in completions. So, I don't know if Brees in the first round would make sense in that league, Matt. 

I love Brees though and if you could pick him up in Round 3 (like I luckily did in my draft) it makes sense. 

Personally though, I would wait and take Stafford or Romo sits to pee/Ryan all things being considered (like in Rounds 5-7). 

At 21 you likely will be able to get a Matt Forte/Steven Jackson/Brandon Marshall/Julio Jones type of player. 

Archived