Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

Picked first overall in a 12 team standard league. Its a money league so I really want this one lol.

1. AP

24. Jimmy Graham

25. Julio Jones

48. Danny Amendola

49. David Wilson

72. Luck

73. Ryan Mathews

96. Giovanni Bernard

97. Josh Gordon

120. T.Y. Hilton

121. Jordan Cameron

144. DeAndre Hopkins

145. Justin Blackmon

168. Cobra Kai

169. Steelers D

I thought that my draft went pretty well. I love my depth at running back and if Amendola stays healthy I should be good to go at receiver.

Bunch of high upside guys that netted solid value. Well done. Hopefully Luck can take it to the next level this year like many expect.

man, i went off the beaten path yesterday.  don't do your fantasy draft while drunk, badi idea.

i did some reaching, went after "breakout potential" this year.  i picked up Alshon jeffery, and Mohamed Sanu, both rookie guys last year who beasted until they got hurt.  with Brandon Marshall and AJ Green getting so much attention, I'm hoping maybe my #2 receiver guys can come up big for me when my primary receivers are on bye week.

Did a Yahoo public league draft this weekend.  $100 buy-in, standard scoring, QB 2RB 3WR TE K D are the starting lineup requirements.

QB- RGIII (who else?)

RB- ADP, Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy, Shane Vereen, Ben Tate

WR- Demaryius Thomas, Danny Amendola, Pierre Garcon, Cecil Shorts, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Rueben Randle

TE- Finley

DEF- TB

To all the AP owners: not to play Debbie Downer, but did you guys see the stats of RBs, the year after they rushed for 2,000 yards? Not good. In fact, I think Sanders was the only one that even came close to approaching 2,000. He had 1,500+.

I think he will probably get 1,600-1,700. He's nuts if he thinks he can get 2,500. He won't even get 2,000.

You don't draft AP #1 cause you think he'll get 2K again, you draft him #1 because he's been top five almost every year he's been in the league.  He's the safest pick on the board other than Calvin.

So we just completed our draft in the 'ExtremeSkins FF II BRING IT!' League. (12 team PPR. Standard 2 RB/ 2 WR/ 1TE with one flex TE/RB/WR.).

The reigning champs  :D drafted 5th overall and it went thus:

1-5 (5) WR. Calvin Johnson, Lions.

2-8 (20) WR. Julio Jones. Falcons.

3-5 (29) RB. Darren Sproles. Saints.

4-8 (44) WR. Wes Welker. Broncos.

5-5 (53) QB. Matt Ryan. Falcons.

6-8. (86) TE. Jason Witten. Cowboys.

7-5 (77) RB. Shane Vereen. Patriots.

8-8 (92) WR. Josh Gordon. Browns.

9-5 (101) RB. Danny Woodhead. Chargers.

10-8 (116) D. Patriots.

11-5 (125) RB. Roy Helu. Redskins.

12-8 (140) TE. Heath Miller. Steelers.

13-5 (149) WR. Justin Blackmon. Jaguars.

14-8 (164) K. Sebastian Jankowski. Raiders.

15-5 (173) QB. Josh Freeman. Buccaneers. 

Quite happy with my lot. Got 6 of the starters I set out with in mind, and having changed my plan slightly early some high reward sleepers fell nice. 

Thoughts fellas'?

6 and two 3's. Both should give similar stellar production. (Provide Pierre stays healthy.). 

Upto you as Garcon's a beast here but I've always loved Reggie. 

Hail. 

If you win the league next year, I am going to be highly pissed.

Autopick :)  because I was out in 12 person league ... turned out OK, I think.

1.Jamaal Charles RB - KC PICK 7
2.Stevan Ridley RB - NE PICK 18
3.Roddy White WR - ATL PICK 31
4.Hakeem Nicks WR - NYG PICK 42
5.Steve Smith WR - CAR PICK 55
6.Robert Griffin III QB - WAS PICK 66
7.Kyle Rudolph TE - MIN PICK 79
8.Rashard Mendenhall RB - ARI PICK 90
9.Shane Vereen RB - NE PICK 103
10.Kendall Wright WR - TEN PICK 114
11.Michael Floyd WR - ARI PICK 127
12.Alshon Jeffery WR - CHI PICK 138
13.Alex Smith QB - KC PICK 151
14.Atlanta Falcons DEF PICK 162
15.Josh Brown K - NYG PICK 175

Draft 1 complete. A bit of a mixed bag as I don't really like my QBs.  10 team PPR.  Spiller and Graham were my two keepers.  Coach gets you +5 for a win and -5 for a loss.  Pretty superfluous and I don't generally run with them.

QB: Sam Bradford, Phillip Rivers, Jake Locker
RB: CJ Spiller, Ray Rice, Alfred Morris 
WR: Victor Cruz, TY Hilton, Dwayne Bowe, Tavon Austin 
TE: Jimmy Graham, Greg Olsen, Rob Housler
D/ST: Cowboys (ugh), Vikings, Dolphins
K: Robbie Gould
HC: John Harbaugh (who I promptly dropped for another kicker, Rian Lindell)

So tonight I have my big draft where I am defending champ

Alfred is my keeper from last year so I have to give up a round 6 pick.

PPR, traditional scoring, picking second. 10 team league

Thinking of going Doug Martin with my 2nd overall pick.

In round 2, depending on availability at the 19th spot, hoping to snag Dez Bryant/best WR available

My hope is early in round 3 to snag Jimmy Graham

Thoughts? 

Definitely a sound strategy.

No one is keeping Martin or Bryant?

I actually drafted Martin last year. I probably had the best draft ever in our league last year getting both Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones, drafting Doug martin in round 6, Alfred in round 15 and having Jimmy Graham as my keeper.

Dez wasn't on the keeper list as in order to keep someone they have to be picked in round 6 or later

So tonight I have my big draft where I am defending champ

Alfred is my keeper from last year so I have to give up a round 6 pick.

PPR, traditional scoring, picking second. 10 team league

Thinking of going Doug Martin with my 2nd overall pick.

In round 2, depending on availability at the 19th spot, hoping to snag Dez Bryant/best WR available

My hope is early in round 3 to snag Jimmy Graham

Thoughts? 

I like it save for I highly doubt Graham is still on the board. 

I picked 5 last night so to me, Megatron was a no brainer. (Peterson, Martin, Charles and Lynch went 1 through 4.). The only possible I would of taken, and maybe I would in your spot at 2, was Spiller. I think he's gona' have a monster year.

When Bush went, I had Graham as my second pick but he went a pick before mine so Julio Jones fell into my lap. Sproles as my main PPR back who should bounce back to his normal form this year under Peyton had the first three rounds turn out real sweet. 

But I like your strategy man. Very sound. 

Out of interest, Martin's not been kept by anyone? Wow. Who'd he keep over him? NM. Seen your response, lol.

I will still win the league.

Parental duties got the best of me last night, men.  Apologies.

You can't win the League. That's MLS's thing. (At least in 'his' reality. *Grins and nods to the boss.). 

We welcome the challenge. A sophomore 2 for 2 in fantasy will look nice on that resume.  :P

Hail. 

Solid Matt. Good starters. Good potential on the bench.

Not sure it's a title winner, but maybe with a few tweaks .....

Hail. 

Thanks. I think I'm a smidge weak at WR. I'm thinking about flipping Gore and Mike Williams for David Wilson and VJax. Though, not sure it's a big upgrade.

Did a Yahoo public league draft this weekend. $100 buy-in, standard scoring, QB 2RB 3WR TE K D are the starting lineup requirements.

QB- RGIII (who else?)

RB- ADP, Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy, Shane Vereen, Ben Tate

WR- Demaryius Thomas, Danny Amendola, Pierre Garcon, Cecil Shorts, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Rueben Randle

TE- Finley

DEF- TB

You don't draft AP #1 cause you think he'll get 2K again, you draft him #1 because he's been top five almost every year he's been in the league. He's the safest pick on the board other than Calvin.

Im just reporting what I heard/saw. I never 'said' he wasn't going to have a good year. Just found it interesting that most of the previous 2,000 yard rushers barely cracked 1,000 the next year. Of course one thing they forgot to mention is that those guys were playing a few less games.

Dez Bryant is having an unreal pre-season to add to his unreal finish to 2012. I decided to keep Alfred Morris for $20 and traded Dez Bryant for $20 to someone else to keep. So I made $20 on Bryant, and the other guy has to pay the $20 to me and $20 for Bryant (so keeping him for $40) ... but I'm wondering if I was better off keeping Bryant and selling Morris. I had a similar offer in place for Morris, but love him and really wanted to go into the auction draft with AP ($29) and Morris ($20) as my two keepers ... but am now starting to regret my trading Dez Bryant. 

I posted this earlier and GHH basically replied with what I was thinking too, but I got offered Garcon for Reggie Wayne and it seems like both guys will do well regardless. However, Wayne dropped off in December last year and T.Y. Hilton emerged as a deep threat, while Garcon is a pretty complete receiver imo. I'm 60/40 in favor of pulling the trigger, but part of me thinks Reggie Wayne and Luck will also have another explosive year. Thoughts?

Actually, nevermind, I countered by adding my Frank Gore for his Matt Forte so we'll see what happens. 

Probably a little early. But he's a borderline top 10 RB in PPR. Imagine at 16 there's good value at other positions if there has been a run on RBs.

I was thinking in my league i rather get known production vs someone who i have to wonder about producing as in the case with CJ2k, drew, bush, ridley, gore, murray.  I can get morris/sproles with my top 2 picks and not have to worry about production

Would you guys grab Sproles at 16 in a PPR? 

I somehow got him in the third at 29 last night. There'd been a rush on RB's early and I took a chance that he'd be there and he was. 

At 16 I'd guess the main backs, Megatron, Graham and probably Jones and Bryant would be gone so yeah, snap him up. Dude is a PPR must have IMHO. And with Peyton back, his numbers should be right back to normal again this year. 

Hail. 

I was thinking in my league i rather get known production vs someone who i have to wonder about producing as in the case with CJ2k, drew, bush, ridley, gore, murray. I can get morris/sproles with my top 2 picks and not have to worry about production

I have Sproles as my 13th ranked RB right now, with none of the guys you listed being ahead of him. Before Sproles at 16, I'd consider one of the top 5 WRs (Megatron, AJ Green, Marshall, Dez, Jones IMO), Jimmy Graham, or one of the top 4-6 QBs. Now, I'm not as experienced in a PPR league as I am in standard scoring so take this with a grain of salt. Just not sure the value is there at 16.

I have Sproles as my 13th ranked RB right now, with none of the guys you listed being ahead of him. Before Sproles at 16, I'd consider one of the top 5 WRs (Megatron, AJ Green, Marshall, Dez, Jones IMO), Jimmy Graham, or one of the top 4-6 QBs. Now, I'm not as experienced in a PPR league as I am in standard scoring so take this with a grain of salt. Just not sure the value is there at 16.

Marshall, and Julio are there along with Jimmy Graham but then the 2nd rb who i am going to be starting will be a 4th-5th tier type while i can still get a top WR or TE waiting another 2-3 rounds. 

Archived