Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

13 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Finally finished The Haunting of Hill House . I enjoyed it, but damn if it wasn't depressing as hell. Definitely not what a lot of people signed up for probably, given the time it was released, and the imagery/title, but it was right up my alley. Just need to decompress lol.

Episode 6: the long "one take" shot in the main room of the house was absolutely brilliant. I can only imagine the rehearsals, blocking and camera/jib prep that the whole scene required. Amazing work.

• Like 2

Can anyone recommend a show that meets all or most of these criteria:

1.  Worth sinking the time into

2.  Apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic or survivalist or just a lot of people die/will die

3.  Available to stream on any platform

4.  Completed (i.e., once i start it, i can finish it all the way through)

5.  Finished on its own terms (i.e., didn't end in the middle b/c it got cancelled).

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

2.  Apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic or survivalist or just a lot of people die/will die

5.  Finished on its own terms (i.e., didn't end in the middle b/c it got cancelled).

Thanks in advance. 

I'd like to say Cinemax's Banshee fits all your criteria.  It's not post-apocalyptic, but a TON of people die, violently.  Available to stream on Cinemax or Amazon Prime.

Disgusting, graphic violence, very attractive women butt naked frequently, interesting characters with cool back stories, great casting and acting.  Fun story. 

@Dont Taze Me Bro and any other Banshee bros (can't remember the other regulars in this thread who watched it), do you think Banshee meets all or most of brother PB's requirements?

IMO, Banshee has the best hand to hand combat scenes of any TV show, ever.  There are at least 2-3 of these epic fights in every season.  The behind the scenes clips about the choreography and practice that goes into these fights are incredible. 

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, Chew said:

Finished Umbrella Academy.  Holy Toledo, it was so good.  I'm having withdrawals and I'm going to lose my **** if they don't renew it for a season 2.  

Reveal hidden contents

I knew there was going to eventually be a scene where the gay black dude was the victim of a hate crime.  I have a hard time watching stuff like that :(  

God damn cliffhanger.  I've heard that the second season won't come out for 18 months.  ****!

12 hours ago, Chew said:

I'd like to say Cinemax's Banshee fits all your criteria.  It's not post-apocalyptic, but a TON of people die, violently.  Available to stream on Cinemax or Amazon Prime.

Disgusting, graphic violence, very attractive women butt naked frequently, interesting characters with cool back stories, great casting and acting.  Fun story. 

@Dont Taze Me Bro and any other Banshee bros (can't remember the other regulars in this thread who watched it), do you think Banshee meets all or most of brother PB's requirements?

IMO, Banshee has the best hand to hand combat scenes of any TV show, ever.  There are at least 2-3 of these epic fights in every season.  The behind the scenes clips about the choreography and practice that goes into these fights are incredible. 

I’d say Banshee is right up his alley.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thanks in advance. 

Into the Badlands (returns Sunday, March 24 10/9c on AMC)

• Like 1

We smashed through the entire season of On My Block in 1 day.  Scrolled past it on Netflix for almost a year.  I Google searched "best shows on Netflix you've never heard of" and On My Block was on several of them, so we rolled the dice.  Very good show, highly recommend. 

Onto Russian Doll next.  

v1.dDsyODEwNjY7ajsxNzk4NjsxMjAwOzE1MDA7MjIyMg

AVERAGE TOMATOMETER

Critic Consensus:  95%

SERIES INFO

A coming-of-age comedy about four bright and street-savvy friends navigating their way through the triumph, pain and the newness of high school set in the rough inner city.

Critics Consensus: Charming, realistic, and focused on underrepresented communities, On My Block is the respite from stylized teen dramas you didn't know you needed.

2018, Netflix, 10 episodes

On 2/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, Chachie said:

Episode 6: the long "one take" shot in the main room of the house was absolutely brilliant. I can only imagine the rehearsals, blocking and camera/jib prep that the whole scene required. Amazing work.

I sat there watching it, after a couple minutes and just became more and more amazed at the one shot.  It was incredible work all around on that one.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 1:03 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Thanks in advance. 

The ES Tailgate.

And +1 on Banshee.  All that show is, is fighting and ****ing.  

Ivana Milicevic is a goddess and I'm not sure of the guy who plays Job is amazing, too.  That's gotta be one of the best tv characters ever.

• Like 1

Thought True Detective season 3 was pretty tremendous. It was clunky at times, especially in the middle run of episodes, but it was such a big swing and ultimately I think they pulled it off. The multiple timelines, the old-age make-up, all of it could have gone horribly wrong but it didn't. Better than season 1 in my opinion.

And Stephen Dorff! Wow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hooper said:

Thought True Detective season 3 was pretty tremendous. It was clunky at times, especially in the middle run of episodes, but it was such a big swing and ultimately I think they pulled it off. The multiple timelines, the old-age make-up, all of it could have gone horribly wrong but it didn't. Better than season 1 in my opinion.

And Stephen Dorff! Wow.

I usually don't like Dorff but he was fantastic in this.

IMO, not anywhere close to season one but a heck of a lot better than season 2. Mahershala Ali is a pretty awesome mofo.

• Like 1

Just finished the Finale of season 3, it’s hard to compare really to season 1 but they were both great. The finale had a good twist were I thought in season 1 you kinda knew what was gunna happen.  The acting was AWESOME in season 3, Mahershala Ali might be one of my favorite actors now. 

Spoiler

They never showed what happened to the dad after he walked into the pink room? Obviously he was murdered but I thought that could have been a pretty good scene. I feel like they just kinda let him out of the show when it was convenient even tho he was a big role through out the show. 

• Like 1