Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Finally watched Bandersnatch.  Was pretty underwhelmed.  :(

What a nifty concept, and I had fun the first 30 minutes or so...but I felt the story kinda fizzled out.  I get what they wanted to do, I saw what their vision was.  Clever...but I don't think they executed as well as they could have.  Overall it was okay, but I felt the story could have been better. 

The main character ("Dunkirk kid") was great.  Poulter's LSD-fueled monologue about reality was Emmy worthy.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Chew said:

Finally watched Bandersnatch.  Was pretty underwhelmed.  :(

What a nifty concept, and I had fun the first 30 minutes or so...but I felt the story kinda fizzled out.  I get what they wanted to do, I saw what their vision was.  Clever...but I don't think they executed as well as they could have.  Overall it was okay, but I felt the story could have been better. 

The main character ("Dunkirk kid") was great.  Poulter's LSD-fueled monologue about reality was Emmy worthy.

A couple times I made a mistaken choice of options and could not correct it. This made things annoying. When I keyed in number at the end mistakenly, it just ended the movie for me and I was too angry to do it all over again... so I don't even know how it all really ended.

• Haha 2

The Dark Crystal:  Age of Resistance.   

th?id=OIP._yl2kIsPzZrhsKwFlRCF7QHaEL&pid

Netflix first announced the 10-episode prequel to Dark Crystal back in 2017, but they quietly released the cast last month, a lot of big names.  The series will be 100% puppetry and animation, and is supposed to release late 2019.  And from what I understand, Netflix partnered with Jim Henson studios on this, so some of the original OGs from Henson's team who worked on the movie in 1982 were in studio and involved with puppet design for the reboot series. 

Official story description: “The world of Thra is dying. The Crystal of Truth is at the heart of Thra, a source of untold power. But it is damaged, corrupted by the evil Skeksis, and a sickness spreads across the land. When three Gelfling uncover the horrific truth behind the power of the Skeksis, an adventure unfolds as the fires of rebellion are lit and an epic battle for the planet begins.” 

Teaser trailer:   Instant goosebumps @ 28 seconds when the original orchestra score drops. My nostalgia alarms are going bonkers   :o 

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, max21 said:

The new True Detective seems pretty awesome so far, Mahershala Ali is a great actor.

I am very much enjoying it. I feel like some of the acting and dialogue (even Mahershala at times) seems sort of stiff or even cliche though.

However, they are spinning another good story and I like the "slow burn" pace of it all.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 10:40 AM, Warhead36 said:

Punisher Season 2 is out.

Been watching practically all day.  Hoooooooly ****. 

Bernthal is awesome.  They better not cancel this like they've canceled their other Marvel series.

But the girl that he helps out this season is fantastic.  Giorgia Whigham.  

4 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's gonna take me a while to get to the Punisher. I'm 95% positive it's not coming back. I'd already be finished by now if they hadn't axed the other Marvel shows.

They got rid of Iron Fist (which was a bad show) and Luke Cage (which was a great one).  Did they get rid of Jessica Jones and Daredevil, too?  

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

They got rid of Iron Fist (which was a bad show) and Luke Cage (which was a great one).  Did they get rid of Jessica Jones and Daredevil, too?  

Daredevil was canned too. Jessica Jones is still technically alive. Season 3 will be dropping sometime this year. I just don't see them giving any these other shows new seasons when Disney coming with their own streaming service. Daredevil Season 3 was great and it got cancelled.

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

Daredevil was canned too. Jessica Jones is still technically alive. Season 3 will be dropping sometime this year. I just don't see them giving any these other shows new seasons when Disney coming with their own streaming service. Daredevil Season 3 was great and it got cancelled.

I forgot Daredevil was canned.  I guess that means Punisher won't be back, which is a shame.  I liked Jessica Jones, too.

I didn't know that Disney was starting their own streaming service.  I found this article which explains a lot if anyone else is in the dark like me:  https://www.cnet.com/how-to/disney-disneyplus-streaming-service-name-release-date-shows-movies-to-expect/

53 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Been watching practically all day.  Hoooooooly ****. 

Bernthal is awesome.  They better not cancel this like they've canceled their other Marvel series.

But the girl that he helps out this season is fantastic.  Giorgia Whigham.  

Just finished it.  Gotta say, I like the unabashed violence.  For whatever reason, the only thing that irks me is how many injuries people can withstand and still fight and how quickly they heal (nevermind the crappy makeup effects on the punisher when he is in the hospital and cuts just look like painted lines).

17 minutes ago, China said:

Just finished it.  Gotta say, I like the unabashed violence.  For whatever reason, the only thing that irks me is how many injuries people can withstand and still fight and how quickly they heal (nevermind the crappy makeup effects on the punisher when he is in the hospital and cuts just look like painted lines).

I agree, regarding the unabashed violence.   And yeah, they take a lot of injuries and keep moving (the fight in the weightroom was ridiculous) but I reminded myself it's supposed to be over the top and to suspend some belief.  Even though I thought that, the last episode where Punisher gets decked in the face by a big piece of iron and kept going made me roll my eyes.

It's like a 2010's version of Leon: The Professional, almost.  I really enjoyed it, overall.