Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Watched the first episode of Dave Chappelle's new Netflix stand-up.  A lot better than the first one, at least the first episode/show in DC.  

I watched the first one and a second one started. First one was really funny. Second one was funny also in the little bit of parts that I saw. 

Second show is in LA and talk about MeToo type of stuff. 

• Like 2

On 12/24/2017 at 8:15 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hunting Hitler.  Just caught up on the first two seasons, can't wait for the 3rd season on Jan 2.

Not usually ones for conspiracy theories, but there's a lot of stuff that makes it look like Hitler didn't die in that bunker and was in Spain, Argentina, etc.  

I've watched a few episodes of season 1. Looks interesting.

I have to say one thing we know about Hitler was the he was a hugely vain and narcissistic man. Which makes it unlikely that he ever tried to commit suicide. 

Black mirror lost a bit of luster this season for me.  The two standout episodes are uss callister and hang the dj.  The rest were forgettable and dare I say unimaginative?  Even uss callister....I work in tech and listening to them talk about coding was very funny...almost as if they didn't bring in a tech consultant to at least explain basic concepts.  Still a great episode though!!  

13 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Black mirror lost a bit of luster this season for me.  The two standout episodes are uss callister and hang the dj.  The rest were forgettable and dare I say unimaginative?  Even uss callister....I work in tech and listening to them talk about coding was very funny...almost as if they didn't bring in a tech consultant to at least explain basic concepts.  Still a great episode though!!  

I'll be honest, I didn't like the last episode. Arkangel hit home for me, I remember my teenage days and what my sister went through in hers. Even though it went how it expected, enjoyed seeing it work out that way. 

I don't really watch a lot of tv, but I make time for this one because the whole "just because we can doesn't mean we should".    Reminds of "through the wormhole" with Morgan Freeman.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Sci-fi.. Ugh. Is there an adult version of this thread somewhere? :rofl89:I kid, I kid.. Never could get into sci-fi.. Unfortunately, as it seems the market is flooded with it.. 

I’m not into sci fi...like at all. I assume you are talking about black mirror but I could be wrong. If you’ve never watched it it’s definitely more a commentary on society than any sort of sci fi show. But USS Callister probably wouldn’t be your favorite episode :) 

22 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I watched the first one and a second one started. First one was really funny. Second one was funny also in the little bit of parts that I saw. 

Second show is in LA and talk about MeToo type of stuff. 

Thought the DC one was funnier, too, but the LA one was perfect example of getting a cultural and historical snapshot of a period of time by listening to a stand up routine from that time period.  I was thinking that while watching the DC one when I realized that was first stand up I've seen that talked about trump after he was president for a while and everyone saw what we were actually dealing with.  I hope he disn't take too long of a break, he is good at what he does, has really matured well.

I watched both of the new Chappelle specials.  Pretty good stuff.  A little turned off by how much he talks about himself, for example in the first one the first few minutes are talking about how good he is.  Which is true, but it's a little too egotistical for me.

Also watched this documentary series on toys that just debuted on Netflix too, "The Toys That Made Us" There's 4 episodes, I watched three of them, He-Man, GI Joe and Star Wars.  I think the He-Man episode was the best.

19 hours ago, Mournblade said:

I've watched a few episodes of season 1. Looks interesting.

I have to say one thing we know about Hitler was the he was a hugely vain and narcissistic man. Which makes it unlikely that he ever tried to commit suicide. 

That's kind of one of the things the hunters discuss.  He was fiercely determined and his personality traits don't indicate he'd be a quitter.  Anyway, 3rd season starts tomorrow night.

3 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

I’m not into sci fi...like at all. I assume you are talking about black mirror but I could be wrong. If you’ve never watched it it’s definitely more a commentary on society than any sort of sci fi show. But USS Callister probably wouldn’t be your favorite episode :) 

Wasn't referring to anything in particular.. Just all the chatter has been about Punisher, Black Mirror, Travelers, Bright, etc. But I did see a mention of "Mindhunter", so I picked that up! So far so good! Also been watching "the marvelous mrs maisel" (not as dark as Im dying up here, but better written and funnier, imo) I'll give Black Mirror a look if I get desperate. :blush:

Edited by GoDeep81

REALLY short run (don't even think it had 30 ep's) but I want to put in another plug for Penny Dreadful, which if you are a fan of old timey supernatural shows, or supernatural shows in general, you will enjoy. Stars Eva Green, Timothy Dalton, snd Josh Hartnett

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's kind of one of the things the hunters discuss.  He was fiercely determined and his personality traits don't indicate he'd be a quitter.  Anyway, 3rd season starts tomorrow night.

I did a little research on Hitler after the show (to find out more about the details of suicide). One thing I found out about him that amazed me was

that he was a serious amphetamine addict . He started taking amphetamines occasionally in 1937 and by 1942 he was a full blown addict. 

That's probably explains a lot his crazy decisions during the war -- like abandoning the Battle of Britain in favor of taking the fight to

the Russians on the Eastern Front. Hitler always made a big show about being a vegetarian and tea-totaller, but was a closet amphetamine

junkie all the while. 

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

I did a little research on Hitler after the show (to find out more about the details of suicide). One thing I found out about him that amazed me was

that he was a serious amphetamine addict . He started taking amphetamines occasionally in 1937 and by 1942 he was a full blown addict. 

That's probably explains a lot his crazy decisions during the war -- like abandoning the Battle of Britain in favor of taking the fight to

the Russians on the Eastern Front. Hitler always made a big show about being a vegetarian and tea-totaller, but was a closet amphetamine

junkie all the while. 

Yup, I do believe he was into opiates, too.  

Edit:  http://www.historyextra.com/feature/second-world-war/when-hitler-took-cocaine here's a rundown, it's actually really scary stuff.  

Telling snooty vegetarians that Hitler was a vegetarian is one of my favorite things :) 

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

My sister has been binge watching "JAG" this weekend.  I ending up sitting with her, watching alot of Season 2 and Season 3.  It ran for 10 seasons from 1995-2005 and spawned NCIS.   I never watched it when it was on.  It's very good, had me hooked. Will watch the entire series at some point. 

Edited by Rdskns2000

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

My sister has been binge watching "JAG" this weekend.  I ending up sitting with watching alot of Season 2 and Season 3.  It ran for 10 seasons from 1995-2005 and spawned NCIS.   I never watched it when it was on.  It's very good, had me hook. Will watch the entire series at some point. 

If you're into that kinda stuff, have you ever seen "The Unit"?? That show was kick ass, imo! 

14 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

If you're into that kinda stuff, have you ever seen "The Unit"?? That show was kick ass, imo! 

The Unit was ****ing awesome. Couldn't believe CBS cancelled it as soon as they did. Though they also canned Jericho way before it's time too so.... 

:kickcan: 

• Like 2

Saw the on demand first episode of Counterpart. Although it has a sci-fi kind of premise to it, it's really a spy drama. So far, so good.

On 12/21/2017 at 5:21 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Season 2 of Travelers incoming in a few days (12/26).

I have binged thru episode 8...Will finish it this weekend. :)

• Like 1