Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only worried about the hype of RG3 in this game and a possible let down?

redskins4ever28

I believe RG3's worst statistical game of the season was against the Steelers, and we all know there was around 12 balls dropped by the WRs in that game that would have made a difference.

I am more worried about the NYG Front 7 adjusting and giving the O-line fits.

There is some revisionism going on here among people who claim that "RG3 has yet to have a bad game." He did have one bad game: Carolina. Our D had some bad moments, but on the whole they only allowed 21 points, which is very reasonable in today's NFL. Make no mistake: we lost that game because of a weak offensive performance, and RG3 was a big part of that. He had Robinson wide open for a gimme TD, but hesitated and the pocket collapsed. There were other missed opportunities as well.

That said, Carolina was just one game. No, I don't expect a letdown - not from RG3 himself, at any rate. The team as a whole might let us down, as our pass D could start sucking at any moment, and the NYG are no slouches.

I feel you. And I expect the skins to lose, but not because of RGIII, and not because of any let down. I dont expect the Redskins to muster any pass rush. Which could be huge problems for what passes as the Skins defensive bacfield. Eli could pass for 400 yards +.

But I didnt think they would make the playoffs this year anyway, so bar is low. As long as this team keeps getting better I will be happy.

Eli has rarely had a good game against us. He has only passed for multiple scores ONCE and in his last 5 games has 2 TD's and 8 ints. Haslett knows how to gameplan against Eli and Monday night will be no different. All comes down to capitalizing on the ints that ELi will throw us.

There is some revisionism going on here among people who claim that "RG3 has yet to have a bad game." He did have one bad game: Carolina. Our D had some bad moments, but on the whole they only allowed 21 points, which is very reasonable in today's NFL. Make no mistake: we lost that game because of a weak offensive performance, and RG3 was a big part of that. He had Robinson wide open for a gimme TD, but hesitated and the pocket collapsed. There were other missed opportunities as well.

That said, Carolina was just one game. No, I don't expect a letdown - not from RG3 himself, at any rate. The team as a whole might let us down, as our pass D could start sucking at any moment, and the NYG are no slouches.

:ols:

Going 23 for 39 for 215 and no picks along with 53 on the ground is a bad game? Nah man, go ask Brees, Ryan, and Romo sits to pee what bad games look like. Sanchez. Vick. Foles. THOSE are bad games.

RGIII had an off day; he did not have a bad day.

The D only allowed 14 points. The officials chose to award Carolina another 7

Not only did he start well, and not only does he continue to do well, you can see him getting better. He hasn't fumbled the ball (at all?) lately. Early in the year he had dropped it 7 times, I think it still sits at 7. You can see how much more comfortable he is with each type of play, he's become very decisive very quickly. All signs point to dude becoming a downright perfect football player. Almost robotic, automatic.....he's a ROOKIE now lol...

As for letdowns on big stages, I get it, I had that feeling too. But now, let's think about it. It was a letdown every other week, if not weeks in a row anyway, no matter what time the game was played. It just SEEMED worse because it was primetime, it wasn't BECAUSE it was primetime. The team was just bad and inconsistent. Win or lose, we're pretty consistent now. For instance: we score a lot of points. RG3 isn't going to suddenly forget how to score a lot of points. It's all good.

this isn't a popular topic on here my friend. In the Carolina game thread, I posted similar sentiments, claiming what I felt was a pretty mediocre game by RG3- I was not well recieved by my ES colleagues. That being said, he's a rookie and he's bound to have good games and bad, so I'm not sure why everyone reacts so defensively when he makes mistakes.

I've maintained this for a while now, with RG3 on the field, this team always has a chance. A let down has always been expected as Skins fans, but RG3 hasn't allowed that to happen. The guy brings a 100% or more every time he's out there and the rest of the team feeds off of that. I hope a let down doesn't happen because I don't expect it to.

I can understand your concern. We often get let down after a couple wins, or a big win that usually ends badly for us. We are accustom to seeing the Skins fail us at times when they need to step up, take their own destiny into their hands & play like they WANT to go to the next level.

Here's the thing. RG3 has been playing AT that level all season. And after watching them scour the Eagles & Cowboys, I think the rest of the team is starting to understand where that level is & seem to be WANTING to elevate their game. I'm not saying that we are going to win this Monday, but this is certainly a different team from the 1st time we played them.

Either way, it has been unbelievable watching RG3 play & each week, win or lose, I see him do things that amaze me & I think..."am I dreaming? Is this guy really a Redskin?" :yes: Yep. He is. And it. Is. Awesome.

You're not the only one. There were two other times this year, that I felt the media was going too crazy about RG3. The first was after his debut, and the second was after the Redskins loss @ the Giants. After both games, the Redskins lost back to back games.

I don't really think that our loses were RG3s fault, but still.

Few are as mentally tough and physically gifted as he is. Athletes in this special category legitimately get better under pressure.

Yep. Everyone feels pressure, but a select few rise above. RG3 is one of those players.

I would be concerned about the offensive line.

You're not the only one. There were two other times this year, that I felt the media was going too crazy about RG3. The first was after his debut, and the second was after the Redskins loss @ the Giants. After both games, the Redskins lost back to back games.

I don't really think that our loses were RG3s fault, but still.

You sound like a guy that has only dated ugly girls and then lands a 10 but doesn't know how to handle everybody checking her out all the time lol. And I didn't mean that to rude just playin

I just don't see a let down. That doesn't mean we will win but I wouldn't consider a loss a let down unless the team just looks bad and uninspired or gets manhandled.

It is crazy to think how much better we have been with a healthy Garçon. Look at the early part of the Saints game, the Eagles and Cowboys games. Having him out there opens up the offense for everybody. I can't wait until theae guys get more experience playing as a unit. We are going to show up Monday and be ready for battle. I hope the Giants bring it as well.

Why in the HELL would you be worried!?!?!? Football isn't a roll of the dice. He's proven he is good. Are you having girlfriend problems and bringing these insecurities to the forums?

Edit: Let's put it this way. Your thoughts use your energy, your energy is being wasted on a concern which you shouldn't even be concerned about. The Redskins are not a Powerball ticket of emotion that you invest in and maybe you win. It's a life commitment. Either you realize that if we're good - we'll go far, and if we're bad, we rebuild. That's all there is to it. Spend your energy on being excited, because everyone enjoys such a thing.

Maybe its just because Im a Redskin fan and Im used to being letdown, but I just was on NFL.com and there is now an article about how all the Giants players are giving praise to RG3 and how they fear him etc; It just seems to me that they are just building and building this up and its going to really suck if he does bad and we have a massive let down Monday Night. I pray it doesnt happen,m but it just seems like, as a Redskin fan, this is always what happens. Last year we were 3-1 going into the bye and you really thought we had something, and then bam, we go 2-10 the rest of the season When McNabb came, we beat the Cowboys opening night and again we thought maybe we had something, of course then we all know how that turned out. I LOVE Rg3, and I LOVE this team, I love what Shanny has done, but I wish all these reporters would just shut up because its like the more they build something up, the more it makes me worry its going to be a giant let down... I cant be the only Skins fan who thinks this way right? Given this teams past, Im not the only one, am I?

This is RG3's rookie year. Repeat this a couple times. He's supposed to suck this year, he's supposed to make mistakes, and he's supposed to learn from them. With that said, RG3 at his worst still exceeds a majority of the experienced QB's at their best.

And if he does have an off game?

It's not the end of the world. He's a rookie. Special, but still a rookie, with a mediocre team around him. Every QB has an off day, why would he be any different? It will be part of his growing process, not the end of the world or a sign that we're doomed.

That said, I hope he has his best game of the year so far and we whip the Giants' ass. The offense was a bulldozer in the first half last week and the defense probably had their best half of the season. Let's hope they can muster a complete game.

I guess I am a little worried, because at some point, the streak of breaking streaks has to end. I'm not worried about RGIII.

But if the Giants play their best, and the 'Skins play their best, the Giants win. And this is the time of the year when the Giants typically make a bit of a push to get into the playoffs. If they win this game, they can basically run away and hide in the NFC East. If not, they have a lot of work to do.

Archived