Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only worried about the hype of RG3 in this game and a possible let down?

redskins4ever28

Sounds crazy, but Monday night's game comes down to the fans in attendance. I have been in that stadium when the opposing team simply could not function because of the crowd noise (see Dallas, 2005). That stadium has the capability of being insanely loud, and I think it will be on Monday night. This might be the first game in years where we will have a true home field advantage.

We. Will. Be. Nuts.

I personally guarantee it. This game will be epic.

I dont know where your getting your info but last I seen NY was still talking us down saying we aren't even a contender. I love this article and agree with Rich Tandler http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/cruz-redskins-not-legitimate-contenders

As far as any let downs, RG3 would still be a better QB with a let down than Rex Grossman would be on his best day.

I suppose let downs are always possible, but it's not really worth worrying about too much. Griffin has been playing excellent, and beyond our standard "waiting for the other shoe to drop" nature as Skins fans, there's not really any reason to feel that he's going to do badly.

Garcon coming back helped a lot, and the rest of the guys have stepped up nicely.

Time for the 12th man to show up and help RG3 out. He can't do it all. The whole team showed up big time against the Cowboys.

It's going to be cold. Outdoors. Garcon's foot will hurt on the FedEx turf. London and Trent are gimpy.

We need to rock the place. Need to get false start penalties (against the Giants), put fear into the Refs so they don't mess around with stupid calls, make it scary for the Giant WRs to run across the middle of the field.

Mara isn't going to be on the field to help his SuperBowl champs. It's a new day in the NFC East. Time for the Skins to rise up. Time for Redskins Nation to rock the house.

I believe in RG3 100%. I believed in him since i saw the game he had vs TCU last season. Since that game I knew I wanted him to be the Redskins starting QB. RG3 rises to the occasion on the brightest of stages. He did it against TCU, then against Oklahoma last season. Now the spotlight has been on these past weeks against NFC East opponents and has had arguably his two best games of his pro career against them. In my mind the table is set. Monday Night. Bright lights. Two game winning streak. Against an opponent at home that RG3 clearly believes they should have beat the first time. Sit back and enjoy. Do not worry!

This is NO game to worry about! This is "The Game" that shows the football world if the Redskins are contenders, if they can rise to the occasion, if they can bring their A-Game when absolutely needed. This is "The Game" that will either give this team the confidence they need to make that playoff run, or show them and the football world that we are a year away from being contenders, like we were suppose to be!

This team has played all year without some of their Pro Bowl players, without their best starters that makes a huge difference, this team has been disrespected by the media, other teams and even it's own fans, and this team is still fighting for the NFC East Championship and a playoff spot. Not too bad at all for a team that played with many back ups all year and wasn't suppose to even have a winning record.

I'm sure not afraid of RG3 falling to pieces, this kid will be just fine even if he did have a bad game. I'm excited we are even talking playoffs and winning a division in December. All I got to say is Gooo Redskins! Let's beat their ass in front of America, just like you did Dallas last week.

---------- Post added December-1st-2012 at 11:45 AM ----------

I believe in RG3 100%. I believed in him since i saw the game he had vs TCU last season. Since that game I knew I wanted him to be the Redskins starting QB. RG3 rises to the occasion on the brightest of stages. He did it against TCU, then against Oklahoma last season. Now the spotlight has been on these past weeks against NFC East opponents and has had arguably his two best games of his pro career against them. In my mind the table is set. Monday Night. Bright lights. Two game winning streak. Against an opponent at home that RG3 clearly believes they should have beat the first time. Sit back and enjoy. Do not worry!
A huge Amen to that!

If we are ever going to be a great team you are going to have to deal with the media hype. Look at the Giants they were praised for most of the beginning of the season and then were atrocious for two weeks before their bye and were tore up in the media.Then they came out and killed green bay. I understand you wanting RG3's hype to go under the radar but in this day and age if you want to win championships you're going to have to deal with the week to week hype and hate.

I don't like MNF, it brings back mostly bad memories. Anyways, since we started breaking a negative record vs the pokes we should carry on this momentum, stay focused and not repeating the huge mistake we made during the first game. I think a good old evaluation speech in the locker room might do that.

Some of you are completely hilarious. "Bad memories" "I"m scared" "I'm worried."

By your same logic, RG3 automatically is going to hoist a Super Bowl trophy because the Redskins already have 3, and well history repeats itself so that means he HAS to win 3 on his own. We suck on Monday Night Football - do you think this has any hold? Was this one of those things where you took a pile of **** and tossed it at a wall and witnessed it stick? Sure - RECENT history might say differently in terms of record, but are you ****ing kidding me?

Go tell RG3 that he sucks on MNF after he just completed an insane performance on a BIGGER STAGE against our BIGGEST RIVAL. Go tell the young guys that they suck and don't have a chance, I mean what some of you are saying is just positive reinforcement how little valued our actual opinions are probably due to pulling bull**** like this. Our roster gets to go out on game day and give it all and we actually have a chance to pull within a game with 4 games left after that and you're going to be cry babies about it? Look I lived and died with the Redskin too, I been through this ****. But this sounds like open mic confessionals up in here and the topic being sports depression.

Unless you happen to be naked and run on the field and give Eli Manning a hug, you have little to NO effect on this game. Zero. So stop worrying, drink what you're gonna drink, eat what you're gonna eat, pray to the God you pray for, and ENJOY THE FACT THAT WE HAVE SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR IN DECEMBER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS.

And for the record, in order for home field to be an ADVANTAGE - YOU NEED TO HAIL. You need to make the Giants feel unwelcome. And you need to make sure the Giants FANS feel like they're getting their ass beat vocally. If you don't do these things, we deserve to lose as fans. You can't give up on your team.

Where's the fan card police, because I think we need to start checking...

To answer the Op's question, you probably aren't the only one worried but with RG3 as our QB, your worry (and that of others) is misplaced. He is a transcendent player in the mold of the best who have ever played in the NFL. A player who can take an entire team on his back and lead them to victory. Even so, we won't win every game but going forward, we will win more than we will lose. The old Redskins are dead, Long Live the Redskins!

I thought I posted this days ago, but apparently not---but if we lose, and especially if the gnats handle us better than last time in the process, the huge "bipolar" segment broad will freak out per normal. We can be "uber-suck" in the broad flailing majority of posts for weeks, with various heads being called out for presentation on a platter, then win a game or two and we're paloff-bound, then lose again and it's back to Crisis City.

Been that way a long long time. I don't expect much change now. :)

We may benefit some from a lingering "lesson-learned" effect, thanks to the small-sized but relentless contingent who often note the intensity and proliferation of the various forms of "stupid" in reactivity. Like recently, when a number of posters were energetically puking all over our "gimmicky worn-out college offense and those in charge of it", and then after two wins many of the same guys who had written our schemes off (apparently) were jumping all over Ryan for similar dumbass comments (actually not as harsh. :ols:).

Some posters <cough> appropriately chewed igwad butt on it. ;)

I have said that I consider us a definite underdog in this game, but we can do this. :point2sky

I have reminded throughout the year that most of us thought after pre-season that the team would end up between 6-8 wins. My call was 7-9---which I don't think is good at all for 3rd in on a new FO. Most media heads had us at less than 5 wins. And that was before suspensions and a rash of key injuries. It looks like we may make that ES majority w/l prediction.

Often when I read the board, I think these fans have a team that is either 1-10 or 9-2. :pfft:

There is a large groundhog day population that posts, where memory (let alone accurate information, competent perception, or solid knowledge of the game) is a non-factor. :evilg:

These are my people. :D

There could well be a 'let down' Monday, being as many are (blindly IMHO) looking at playoff's already.

But I doubt it comes from 10. He's due a rookie game, but I just don't see him having one.

Hail.

The problem is that the Gnats are a better team than us. We will need a few breaks to win. Period. The best team that we have beaten all year, in my opinion is Tampa Bay. We have yet to prove that we can beat a true playoff team, and that's what we are looking to do on Monday night. I like our chances as much as the next guy, but if we come up short this place will turn into the asylum that we witnessed after the Panthers game.

I have faith that our guys can get it done. But if we don't, I won't be slinging a bunch of mud come Tuesday. I'm proud of our guys, and we still have a long way to go. Paloffs at this point would be a huge exception to the rule, but I fear that many are looking at it as a "likely" outcome. The truth is, if we make the paloffs, this season should be considered nothing less than magical. But hey, I like magic. And we could use a little on Monday night.

Jumbo with words of wisdom!

I feel the same way about this game that I have about every game since I realize how good RGIII really is

that we can beat ANYBODY, but we can also lose to ANYBODY

no matter how good or bad the team is, we can lose or win any of them

also, I know the Giants manhandled the Packers, but we have (dare I say) a BETTER O-line than the Pack, and a more mobile QB

..... I like our chances as much as the next guy, but if we come up short this place will turn into the asylum that we witnessed after the Panthers game. .....
Our fans have gotten so ****y recently...

If we lose, **** will go down

I sadly make you both right. It's how we roll.

Nice perspective BTW AW. But be careful who you say it to. Some will have you down as being negative as I keep crossing paths with over the same.

Hail.

Archived