Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only worried about the hype of RG3 in this game and a possible let down?

redskins4ever28

Our fans have gotten so ****y recently...

If we lose, **** will go down

Speaking for myself, I haven't been this hyped for a game ( especially a December game) in a very long time, but if we lose, close or badly, I will be fine. It'll suck, but at least the team would've made something out of what easily could've been an extremely disheartening back half of the season, after the Panthers game. And it looks like Griffin is getting more and more comfortable with the offense, which is very exciting, and bodes well for the future. I think that if we can find a way to get this defense at least to where it's average, this is a playoff team next year, no question. Right now I'm just enjoying the ride, and if we hit a crater sized pothole, I'm not going to be calling for fanbcards or pink slips.

sorry, just came across that video again of the Giants players faking injury to slow down their opponent. mad all over again about Mara. Just can't say it enough. The owner of that football team is in charge of the competition committee. It just doesn't sound right while I type it.

How lucky and benefited the Giants are. Slow down your opponent, slow down the growth of your division opponents via salary cap $. Good luck finding a way to slow down Robert Griffin III. You won't catch him breaking any rules either, real or imaginary.

I've heard a lot of "well this is the first time RG3 will have played an opponent twice". Yea. And you don't think he's pumped and super focused? He's already figured out the super difficult NFL basically right away, he remembers all the plays from the first game and he already did enough in THAT one to win. A so-so game against Carolina at week whenever is a let-down. Rob's only going to have to dominate a couple more times on primetime/holidays/whatever before people start expecting it.

oh man...inner hatred for Giants growing....RG3, 'finish him'.

Seems like the OP and some of the responders are talking about two different areas of experience: the world of the fan and the world of football.

It's not that the twain shall never meet, but there just isn't all that much overlap between the two, when you think about it.

In the world of the fan, the last twenty years or so weigh on us like Haynesworth after a sack (NFL QB's, not so much, but us maybe he could catch). We feel the breaking ribs, we smell the hotdog breath, we despair.

But there is precious little about this team that even has any FOOTBALL ties to all those teams that pancaked us fans over all those years.

So, the posters that talk about the fear of inevitable collapse, I can understand. But like others have said, one of the few places the two worlds meet is at a decibel meter on field level during game time. If you can get to the game- don't despair, scream at woManning.

For the rest us, we pull for our team. It's often seems pretty indistinguishable from trying to shift Albert with the power of positive thoughts, but hey, that's the job. I was born in DC but live, apparently, 1,112 miles from the stadium. So how much effect am I going to have on the Redskins' football universe?

Uhm, I got a hat.

And a prediction that we beat the Gnats 33-31. Griffin does at least fine. And maybe the stench of stagnant sauerkraut fades that much more from my fan universe in the meantime. Only the breath of fresh air that is Griffin (and Morris!) could have a shot at getting that job done, folks.

I understand your misgivings. But I believe in #10. Add in #88 and this entire team plays differently. I get our weaknesses on D but when RGIII is on his game the team produces. Garçon makes everyone in the WR corp play better. It's like Moss finally got a compliment WR. Most say Moss has lost too much. But I see a Davy vet who does all the little things and still makes big plays. I never worry about RGIII. I only worry that the supporting cast actually does that, support.

sorry, just came across that video again of the Giants players faking injury to slow down their opponent. mad all over again about Mara. Just can't say it enough. The owner of that football team is in charge of the competition committee. It just doesn't sound right while I type it.

How lucky and benefited the Giants are. Slow down your opponent, slow down the growth of your division opponents via salary cap $. Good luck finding a way to slow down Robert Griffin III. You won't catch him breaking any rules either, real or imaginary.

faking injuries won't help against the Skins. They substitute almost every play anyway. It would just give them more time to work.

En route to 13 points against a bad team whom your D contained for the most part? Yes, it is. Not terrible, but bad. Your own stats show that his comp% was 59 and his ypa was 5.5

:ols: What does that even mean?

Sorry, I knew some of us would be slower and I'd need to break it down a little further:

A five-interception game is a bad game. Four-interception. Three. Two. RGII had . . .zero.

Under 50% completion is a bad game. RGIII had . . .59%.

You need to re-evaluate your definition of "bad" before you try to criticize someone for correcting you.

If you think that those stats are a bad game, then you must have forgotten about Grossman and Beck. THEY had bad games. RGIII's worst is an off day, not a bad day.

Give it a minute. You'll grasp it eventually. :)

Why the apprehension and worry??? This is the type of game that we have been waiting for, we finally have a badass QB and steady RB who are doing amazing things with a mediocre supporting cast. This is the first defining moment for RGIII, and I believe he will shine on national television and make a statement that this team WILL HAVE TO BE DEALT WITH.

HAIL!!!!

Archived