Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only worried about the hype of RG3 in this game and a possible let down?

redskins4ever28

If you mean the team losing I agree. It will be a let down and the 'fans' in here will go nuts. Multiple people will be banned for a week for starting threads that call for firing shannahan etc etc. It's the same old.

I think that there is a really good chance that the giants win because they too have been playing very well.

If you mean the team losing I agree. It will be a let down and the 'fans' in here will go nuts. Multiple people will be banned for a week for starting threads that call for firing shannahan etc etc. It's the same old.

I think that there is a really good chance that the giants win because they too have been playing very well.

Agreed - on paper, the Giants are head and shoulders better than the Skins, but with RG3 one can't help but think we've got a good shot. Losing would stink, but its not the end of the world.

I'm not really worried about a letdown.. i somewhat expect it.. he's a rookie, and he'll have his lumps this year and next.

My main hope is that we do not treat him as the press has treated Cam Newton in his soph slump.

Granted he wasn't helping with his mopey attitude, but the way the press turned on him was ugly.

~Bang

I'm not worried about the hype as much as I am this being the first team to get a second shot at RG3. The giants will be adjusting to what he was able to do to their personnel the first time the two teams met. I have no doubt RG3 is every bit as good a QB as we hoped he would be, in fact I think few considered the season he's had possible for a rookie. He is however a rookie and the Giants defensive line looked like it was in late season form, meaning impossible to block, against the Packers.

Having said that I think RG3 is up to the challenge. He's elevated his game lately and the Giants may not be ready for what's waiting for them on Monday night.

Griffin has far exceeded anything and everything that I thought he'd be capable of (for this season at least). THe roles for both sides of the ball have been completely reversed from what I expected heading into the season. And the offense has continued to evolve, and he's gotten better. Even if he struggles in this game, and we are pretty much knocked out of the playoff hunt, I know that he will strive to get better for the rest of the season, and for next season, because that's the kind of competitor that he is. He'll be fine.

I'm not worried about RG3 at all, he's surpassed my expectations anything he does from this point on is icing. I believe in this team,especially after coming of their bye and winning back to back division games. That's not to say they will win the remaining games,but for the first time in 4 years December football is meaningful. I expect for everyone to give it their all.

I could see us having a let down game on MNF and losing.

The difference is that in he past I was sure it would happen. We always seemed to embarrass ourselves in big moments. I had so little confidence that we had any chance to win. I don't feel that anymore. I feel we have a chance every single week. We might lose, but we wont embarrass ourselves.

Griffin came into Washington with more hype and expectations then anyone in recent memory. The weight of 20 years of dread falling on his shoulders, the weight of the most contentious and powerful city in the world, the weight of a ruthless media, the weight of the king's ransom that was traded away to draft him, and the weight of the ghosts of Quarterbacks past.

Nothing is too much for him to handle.

He has done nothing but be great, week in and week out. When he receives hype, he increases it exponentially with his next performance. Voted a team captain after giving a rousing speech during the bye week to his teammates, considered for MVP talks, some are calling him the Greatest rookie QB of all time, and he continues to respond to the expectations and exceeds them. If only he could play defense.

Ignorant observers will compare him to Vick or Newton, but he has something that none of these QBs can ever dream of having, a cerebral presence. His mind is what allows him to do all these things, the rest are just supporting cast members.

I understand the fright in trusting this team to do anything, but don't distrust RGIII. The giants are the first team to play him twice, it is also the first defense that RGIII gets to see twice.

Advantage: Griffin.

we will win this game... we've dominated the giants the last 3 games and will take this win... RG3 only gets better under pressure and the rest of the team sees that... he elevates everyone's play; even the defense... what we need is great play calling and to get an early lead to demoralize new york.

---------- Post added November-30th-2012 at 06:45 PM ----------

No Pressure No Diamonds. RG3 is on a mission to be the best player ever.
i really think this is true... and there are indications he can do it.

---------- Post added November-30th-2012 at 06:47 PM ----------

No Pressure No Diamonds. RG3 is on a mission to be the best player ever.
i really think this is true... and there are indications he can do it.

I feel you. And I expect the skins to lose, but not because of RGIII, and not because of any let down. I dont expect the Redskins to muster any pass rush. Which could be huge problems for what passes as the Skins defensive bacfield. Eli could pass for 400 yards +.

But I didnt think they would make the playoffs this year anyway, so bar is low. As long as this team keeps getting better I will be happy.

Archived