Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

This was a really weird game and we didn't dominate as much as the score would indicate. One TD came off a TO that advanced the ball inside the ten, two more came off big plays. That's 21 points. Some fool's gold out on the field today. We basically played well on offense for two plays. The rest of the time we were committing false starts or getting zero or negative yardage on first down. I'm thrilled with the win, but we won't be able to go on a run if the offense continues to play this way. Pass protection was also suspect and the WRs weren't getting open.

Well the good news is, those are the types of games you want to win, so at least you have a silver lining as you go back to the drawing board.

This was a really weird game and we didn't dominate as much as the score would indicate. One TD came off a TO that advanced the ball inside the ten, two more came off big plays. That's 21 points. Some fool's gold out on the field today. We basically played well on offense for two-three plays, a few more if you count RG3 making something out of nothing via sheer absurd talent. The rest of the time we were committing false starts or getting zero or negative yardage on first down. I'm thrilled with the win, but we won't be able to go on a run if the offense continues to play this way. Pass protection was also suspect and the WRs weren't getting open.

Big plays aren't fools gold. They as important as long drives. The ability to strike quickly creates a ton of room in the secondary.

Big plays aren't fools gold. They as important as long drives. The ability to strike quickly creates a ton of room in the secondary.

Within the context of today's game, they were. The offense played poorly most of the game. It's not like they were hitting big plays on top of controlling the game. The running game was poor, the blocking was poor--pass protection and run blocking--and they were pretty much out of sync the entire game. Again, I'm happy with the win, but the offense's regression over the last several weeks is a concern. They are no longer controlling the LOS. Teams are getting a consistent rush with only four down linemen.

Although the offense didn't play as effectively as I would've liked, the RG3 made plays when he had to. Morris was just awesome. The penalty problem needs to be addressed. I still can't believe that they're the most penalized team in the league. :doh: The defense played very well, grant it was against a rookie QB. Overall, they have confidence going into the game vs Dal@ss. Hopefully, the good play today carries over.

Within the context of today's game, they were. The offense played poorly most of the game. It's not like they were hitting big plays on top of controlling the game. The running game was poor, the blocking was poor--pass protection and run blocking--and they were pretty much out of sync the entire game. Again, I'm happy with the win, but the offense's regression over the last several weeks is a concern. They are no longer controlling the LOS. Teams are getting a consistent rush with only four down linemen.

Disagree. You are right in terms of the first half. In the second half, the offense began to impose their will with Morris starting to get ten, fifteen and twenty yard runs. Griffin making the throws he wanted, etc.

First half, the offense was opportunistic and the D was holding 'em off by their fingertips. Second half we pulled away handily.

Happy Tday, amigo. :)

I was ready to go in isolation if we'd lost and warned everyone here about it lol

I have the place to myself right now. Fiance' is working today and the boys are having Thanksgiving with their dad and stepmom,(we had an early Thanksgiving dinner last night). Isolation was there,but fortunately unnecessary.

Thrilled with the victory - in the 2nd half when Dallas was closing fast I kept thinking how it could become one of the worst losses in Skin's history but thanks to RG III disaster was averted.

The defense and Haslett are AWFUL. How can they go from great in 1 half to pathetic in the next? It's as if Haslett has no ability to make adjustments. The Skins were laying off and going zone for much of the 2nd half and STILL getting gashed for big plays.

Josh Wilson seems to complain to the official after EVERY play that he gets beat on. Instead of whining he needs to play better (yes he did force a fumble today but also gave up big plays)

Brandon Banks needs to go now! He kept bringing out kickoffs and not making it to the 20 which is bad enough. But fielding a punt in the end zone is something junior high players are taught not to do.

Getting more tired of him every week...

So this isn't really knee jerk, since this is a opinion I've formed throughout this season... But Banks needs to go. His decision making is costly and the reward vs risk with him isn't nearly high enough to allow him to return kick offs and punts.

Wholeheartedly agree, loved him a few years ago but with the new rules and his inability to make plays he is not worth a roster spot.

Archived