Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

No excuse for the opening drives in weeks one and two.  I can see a defense getting tired, but it's ridiculous looking that pathetic two weeks in a row on the opening drive.  Green Bay was also thin in their secondary so don't talk to me about injuries.  There's something more deeply wrong here.

There is no way you can use defense was tired as an excuse...they went into full on sieve mode from the first drive.

I'm sure at some point RG3 will return to form and the offense will click again. But I also have trouble believing that this defense will support the offense with the same performance they had during that 7 game streak last season. And that worries me a great deal. Anyone and everyone has the potential of looking like Rodgers with the defense looking like it has the last two weeks.

That's my worry as well. We will need to win games shoot out style. I just don't see this defense getting much better.

RG3, when on his game, has te capability to win games by himself.

The more time fans reflect on game 1&2 the more they're going to realize our offense is setting the team back. 

There is no way you can use defense was tired as an excuse...they went into full on sieve mode from the first drive.

I'm with yah.  This guy disagrees.  We really needed the defense to hold up at the beginning of the season while RGIII got his sea legs back.  From the first snap they've been terrible.  The offense isn't helping them out, but are they capable of forcing a three and out or a punt in the first half?

No knee jerk here.  Its suprising to me that they seem to have a leash on Griff.  He looks like he wants to take off, and doesn't.  The RO is worthless if the defense knows he isn't going to keep it.  We've had flashes in the pan, but we just can't get the fire going. 

I said it last week.  CBA be damned, these boys need tacklng drills.  Starting tonight.  Haz, we had hopes for you - and you are letting us down.  Your schemes down right suck right now.  Please pull your head out of that dark, damp place.

We are 1/8 of the way through the season, I'm not ready to call it a year.  We looked bad on defense last year too.

Put it together boys. 

HTTR

The only hope is the offense, but they only look alive when it's considered "garbage time."  Not very inspiring, in fact nothing is inspiring.  There's no silver lining to be found.

The bye week is around the corner.

The Skins are trying to run a vanilla form of what was ran last year and it's not working. I fully expect adjustments to be made this week. 

Uh, I would have thought adjustments would have been made after Game 1 vs Philly.  

I'm thankful my friends that are fans of other teams aren't piling on.  I only got one text after the game, and it said, " That got ugly quick..."

Let's get it together, fellas. 

Hail!

I was getting texts from Girls fans who kept seeing the score flash up through the Chiefs game asking 'WTF is going on? This can't be happening 2 weeks running?' 

They were amusingly more concerned and shocked than pilling on. 

Which was disturbing in itself come to think of it. Devious ******* must be up to something!  :lol:

Hail. 

I've got a question - Isn't the running back supposed to be penalized for lowering their head and leading into a player with the top of their helmet?  I was just re-watching the Meriweather concussion and Starks blatantly lowers his head and lunges right into Meriweather.  It's almost as if he's trying to take Meriweather out.  Granted Meriweather stayed up high but looks to be turning and leading with his shoulder.

And off topic, who else noticed the ticker at the bottom show everyone's last name as "Griffin"?  I saw Tony Griffin for the Cowboys at QB and was really confused haha.  Then they continued to show Griffin for every players last name for all the game stats.

I've got a question - Isn't the running back supposed to be penalized for lowering their head and leading into a player with the top of their helmet?  I was just re-watching the Meriweather concussion and Starks blatantly lowers his head and lunges right into Meriweather.  It's almost as if he's trying to take Meriweather out.  Granted Meriweather stayed up high but looks to be turning and leading with his shoulder.

And off topic, who else noticed the ticker at the bottom show everyone's last name as "Griffin"?  I saw Tony Griffin for the Cowboys at QB and was really confused haha.  Then they continued to show Griffin for every players last name for all the game stats.

Wow Merriweather is a dirty player and got instant karma dont try to flip this into him being the good guy.

Wow Merriweather is a dirty player and got instant karma dont try to flip this into him being the good guy.

Wow, I didn't - did you read?  I said, "Granted Meriweather stays up high" - watch the replay of that specific play and you will see Starks lower his head and go towards Meriweather head/neck.  Again, that specific play. 

And how is he a dirty player?  Because he hits guys the way that used to be allowed?

We're historically bad and the worst damn thing is we don't even have our 2014 1st round draft pick to make up for how much we stink. At least we could have been happy about getting a high draft pick. We just suck for no real benefit this year.

Hopefully the floggings will lessen up. Id like to see us score a point before we are already down 30 something in a game. geez!

Answered your own question man.

'Used to be' Dudes a 29 year old 7 year vet who's played under two of the best HC's of all time.

He should know FAR better.

Hail.

there's a difference between playing all out and a bit reckless (meriweather, Landry) vs dirty (suh, incognito, finnegan, Sherman)

The hits he made are hits that are called game in and out, it's plays that have been backed to an extent and are always questionable

there's a difference between playing all out and a bit reckless (meriweather, Landry) vs dirty (suh, incognito, finnegan, Sherman)

The hits he made are hits that are called game in and out, it's plays that have been backed to an extent and are always questionable

I think your walking a VERY fine line there steve. 

Personally speaking, he looked like he'd gone out to do Lacey in particular and make a point on his comeback. 

Players have gotten away with those types of challenges, but I have a hard time defending either. 

Hail. 

I think your walking a VERY fine line there steve.

Personally speaking, he looked like he'd gone out to do Lacey in particular and make a point on his comeback.

Players have gotten away with those types of challenges, but I have a hard time defending either.

Hail.

im not defending blatantly going at someone's head purposely at all, the initial question was regarding Starks blatantly lowering his head and going into meriweather. Regardless if you think he's dirty or not, Starks was more at fault and what the league changes more so than meriweather on that specific play. My question is what exactly to they look for on the offensive player. Demarco did the same thing against the giants in week 1

Wow, I didn't - did you read?  I said, "Granted Meriweather stays up high" - watch the replay of that specific play and you will see Starks lower his head and go towards Meriweather head/neck.  Again, that specific play. 

And how is he a dirty player?  Because he hits guys the way that used to be allowed?

He's dirty because he always leads with the crown of his helmet. He does it everywhere he goes.

Remember this gem?

We're historically bad and the worst damn thing is we don't even have our 2014 1st round draft pick to make up for how much we stink. At least we could have been happy about getting a high draft pick. We just suck for no real benefit this year.

Hopefully the floggings will lessen up. Id like to see us score a point before we are already down 30 something in a game. geez!

Indeed.  Hopefully free agency will be kind.  

I could've accepted an 0-2 start given the competition, but not this fiasco of a 2 game start.  

We have a first round pick coming when we trade Cousins this offseason after RG3 stays healthy and has a great season after a rocky start, proving he can be a terrific pocket passer.  :)

Thats his M.O. and its wrong I dont care if hes on the team or not. BTW tell me when helmet to helmet his were ever allowed?

never said they were allowed or that I thought it was ok for blatant helmet to helmet hits.  You know damn well that not all helmet to helmet hits are on the fault of the defender especially when the runners lower their shoulder or loses balance.  A lot of his hits are clean and legal but due to the skirts they put on offensive players, are now penalties - the defender can't hit at all now and it has been stated by just about every football fan out there.  There are times when the defender would hit the runner in his thighs, gut, chest but due to the offensive player falling, diving, lowering - it became helmet to helmet.

We have a first round pick coming when we trade Cousins this offseason after RG3 stays healthy and has a great season after a rocky start, proving he can be a terrific pocket passer.  :)

Funny you mention that. As unpopular as it is, I was thinking today that if RG3 does indeed make it through the season in one piece and does work out of this funk he is in, then we absolutely need to entertain the idea of trading Cousins and at least try to get back into the first round. It's obvious that we have way too many glaring holes; many that were masked while running that RO last year. And personally, I don't believe much of it is on defense. Our secondary is at least young, so they should get better with time. It just sucks they were thrown to the wolves instead of being brought along slowly. I'm not overly concerned with the front seven at all when healthy and without suspensions. I would rather see us start rebuilding that offensive line. If we're going to abandon the RO and try to run a traditional passing attack, then the entire line outside of TW needs upgraded. We also need more weapons on the outside. Nobody outside of Garcon scares opposing defenses. Hankerson is getting better and Reed is showing a lot of promise; but again, none of them are a big enough threat to force the defense to put more bodies on them. 

Archived