Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

Same old Redskins; you knew they couldn't stay away.

I view last season as an abberation.  WE just got on a hot streak and ran that streak all the way to the playoffs.

The thing is, that 7-0 finished just masked the problems this team really has.  We did start out 3-6.

Here we are in the FOURTH year of Shanny and this team will have to make a decision.  Will Danny see enough progress

in this team from the bye to the end of season to give him faith in Shanny?  Or will the time come for a coaching change?

Shanny is now on the hot seat.   I would rank  the Giants Tom Coughlin, Bucs' Greg Schiano, Texans' Gary Kubiak, Vikings' Leslie Frazier and Jets' Rex Ryan as ahead of Shanny in terms of being on the hot seat.    If Rex wins today; his seat gets cooler.   Ron Rivera by crushing the Giants got a little breather but he his on the hot seat also.

Depending on this team plays; Danny has a big decision at the end of the year.  That decision will determine who will be the head coach leading Robert Griffin into his prime years?

The season isn't over.  Due to rotten play of NFC teams, especially in the East, we have a chance to make a run.  That said, I don't see any reason to suspect that we will.  Griffin is making boneheaded mistakes, the defense is terrible (and Merriweather is awful), and some of the lucky bounces that went our way last year aren't falling for us this year.  But before anyone writes the season off as over, let's at least wait until we've played half of it and see where things stand then.

I wish I could say our bad performance is shocking, but I'm a Redskins fan.

Once RG3 gets smarter and understands the concept of sliding and getting rid of the ball as positives and our defense stops missing so many ****ing tackles, we will turn it around sooner or later.

With that said, I have no confidence in this team until they show something.

God Damned Refs.  Every good play has to be called back or reversed!  So many stupid penalties called against us that weren't fouls!  Such craptastic tackling and coverage!

Refs are blame free. 

Blame RG3 = justified.  Blame Robinson = justified.  Blame (insert name of defensive player here) = justified.

Blaming the Refs is bush league.

The fumble bye rg3 was a good call but the td overturn was freakin horrible call. it was ruled a td on the field and his hand was under the ball when he went to the ground there was no evidence there to say it wasn't ed used the slight bobble to justify his bs call. thanks for taking a td away and making it the lions game to win.

The fumble bye rg3 was a good call but the td overturn was freakin horrible call. it was ruled a td on the field and his hand was under the ball when he went to the ground there was no evidence there to say it wasn't ed used the slight bobble to justify his bs call. thanks for taking a td away and making it the lions game to win.

Exactly!  Ed said he saw the ball rolling on the ground free. Unless he had a much better angle than I did that was complete and utter bs.  Several other calls also were complete bull.  We got one in our favor... the personal foul on Garson was a joke.

We're having enough problems just executing our offense and defense without having every ****ty call go against us. Hoculi is an awful ref, I'm not going to watch games officiated by his crew anymore.

Every week I'm finding it harder and harder to maintain an interest in the NFL. I can not get past how the league got away with blatant collusion and officially sanctioned cheating. Such a flawed league and I get so little joy out of following the game.

We're having enough problems just executing our offense and defense without having every ****ty call go against us. Hoculi is an awful ref, I'm not going to watch games officiated by his crew anymore.

Every week I'm finding it harder and harder to maintain an interest in the NFL. I can not get past how the league got away with blatant collusion and officially sanctioned cheating. Such a flawed league and I get so little joy out of following the game.

but you're still a huge NBA fan though....

Exactly!  Ed said he saw the ball rolling on the ground free. Unless he had a much better angle than I did that was complete and utter bs.  Several other calls also were complete bull.  We got one in our favor... the personal foul on Garson was a joke.

yeap that's why it was a horrible call ..if you recorded it go back and watch his hand was under the ball all the way to the ground  and did not help him make the catch he already had it in possession when he went down to the ground with a defender all over him . it just bobbled slighty it never came out of his hand...Ed robbed us of a TD.

The ball moved when Robinson hit the ground.  It started in his chest and ended in his gut.  Hense, it moved and Robinson did not maintain control throughout the catch.

what ever ...game over.. doesn't matter now. I seen nothing like that however.. and so did that ref that gave us the td to start with,

The ball moved when Robinson hit the ground.  It started in his chest and ended in his gut.  Hense, it moved and Robinson did not maintain control throughout the catch.

Robinson had full control of the ball when he crossed the TD plane before he went to the ground.   It was not moving with both feet in bounds.  At this point,  this is a touchdown, regardless what happens when he falls to the ground.....

The calls were correct on the Robinson fumble and RG III fumble according to the rules ---  but to those who insist on blaming this loss on the refs ask yourself this question ---

If Detroit had the same exact play on a non catch and it was ruled a TD what would the reaction be?  If those who are upset can honestly say they feel it was a catch and should have been called accordingly then fine go ahead and rant - just have the same reaction if the same play is called in another teams favor in the future.

Many are ignoring the real situation ---

The Skins were at home today in what amounted to a must win game.  They could not come out strong and take control against an average team that didn't even play well.

Trying to come up with scenarios where a phantom bad call cost the Skins this came speaks to how awful the team is playing right now.  It's just as likely that the Skins score the TD to get ahead then allow Detroit to march right down the field and regain the lead on the following possession.  This is a horrific defense so to expect them to have even held the lead is a less than certain proposition.

The Skins should have come out with fire today at home and put on a dominant performance to erase the stench of an 0-2 start yet were unable to do so which is the real problem...

The calls were correct on the Robinson fumble and RG III fumble according to the rules ---  but to those who insist on blaming this loss on the refs ask yourself this question ---

If Detroit had the same exact play on a non catch and it was ruled a TD what would the reaction be?  If those who are upset can honestly say they feel it was a catch and should have been called accordingly then fine go ahead and rant - just have the same reaction if the same play is called in another teams favor in the future.

Many are ignoring the real situation ---

The Skins were at home today in what amounted to a must win game.  They could not come out strong and take control against an average team that didn't even play well.

Trying to come up with scenarios where a phantom bad call cost the Skins this came speaks to how awful the team is playing right now.  It's just as likely that the Skins score the TD to get ahead then allow Detroit to march right down the field and regain the lead on the following possession.  This is a horrific defense so to expect them to have even held the lead is a less than certain proposition.

The Skins should have come out with fire today at home and put on a dominant performance to erase the stench of an 0-2 start yet were unable to do so which is the real problem...

There is a difference between blaming the refs for the loss and acknowledging they contributed to it.  The Robinson reversal was a bad call because there was not enough evidence to show that his hand ever left the ball.  Given what was shown on the tape the officials should have gone with what was called on the field.  It was a bad call because it wasn't clear and unquestionable and that is the standard for reversals.  The false start was a terrible call.  The fifteen we gained on Garcon's defenseless hit was also a terrible call.  The fact that they tried to wave off players tearing off Morris' helmet shows you how hard the refs were trying.  There were at least two other calls in the first call which were laughably bad.  The RGIII fumble was without question a fumble.

The Lions beat us.  The refs aided them in their efforts.  The win was 50 percent Lions, 30 percent bad play by the Redskins, and 20 percent ref screw job.  In a close game, 20% is a lot.

The ball doesn't have to be still, it just has to not hit the ground and eventually be controlled before heading out of bounds or whatever.  I watched the replays (and they showed a lot) from every angle.  There simply was not any angle which showed anything OTHER than RObinson cradling the ball and then it shifting to the other hand but STILL not contacting the ground.  Since he didn't lose the ball at the end, he possessed it, the only question is DID THE BALL HIT THE GROUND?

The answer, at least using the original call as the baseline, was NO.

Hochuli ALWAYS bones us hard.

dude shanahan even admitted it was a drop.

get over it

He admitted it because he saw the ball move but no one watched it closely enough.  I looked again and again and there was no visual evidence that the ball TOUCHED THE GROUND, which is the only important part of a catch in this context.  Since he did NOT land out of bounds or lose the ball coming up, the only question is, did it hit the ground.  His shoulder's impact with the ground caused the ball to move but not to touch the ground.  It was a bad call.

Keep the faith skins fans.

Alot of fans here throwing the team under the bus. Just bring down the expectations and you won't be so disappointed and take heart that we are making some progress and hope we can get things together vs Raiders.

HTTR

I'm with you. Its way to early to be waving the red flag. Season is way to young.

Archived