Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Knee Jerk (and just PO'd) Thread (MET)

Burgold

The downgrade from being the best team in the NFC last year undisputed when RGIII was healthy to the joke of the NFL this year is remarkable.  Besides Lorenzo Alexander, we have the same cast of characters too.

This points to inadequate preparation.

How is it that the Dallas defense, with its first year in the 4-3, is outperforming ours?

Keep the faith skins fans.

Alot of fans here throwing the team under the bus. Just bring down the expectations and you won't be so disappointed and take heart that we are making some progress and hope we can get things together vs Raiders.

HTTR

yeap..hopefully we can get a win against the raiders and then work on fixing a lot of stuff in the bye week and come back and shock the cowboys with another win and then try and get back to 500.

The fumble bye rg3 was a good call but the td overturn was freakin horrible call. it was ruled a td on the field and his hand was under the ball when he went to the ground there was no evidence there to say it wasn't ed used the slight bobble to justify his bs call. thanks for taking a td away and making it the lions game to win.

Here is my opinion about that overturned TD. Robinson caught the ball OUTSIDE of the endzone and fell across the goal line WITH THE BALL in his hands. He was touched by the DB so therefore should have been ruled a TD because he broke the plane of the goal line. They always say that all you have to do is BREAK THE PLANE WITH THE BALL IN YOUR HANDS. Now, if Robinson was already in the endzone when he caught the ball and didn't come down with it cleanly I might not have a beef. I think there is a little bit of a grey area in that ruling.

The downgrade from being the best team in the NFC last year undisputed when RGIII was healthy to the joke of the NFL this year is remarkable.  Besides Lorenzo Alexander, we have the same cast of characters too.

How is it that the Dallas defense, with its first year in the 4-3, is outperforming ours?

I love your posts man

I have a lot more fun following the NBA than the NFL. As a game, I enjoy the lower levels of football far more than the NFL. I still think football is a terrific sport but the NFL is awful.

I understand that but all the bad stuff you brought up against the NFL is even worse in the NBA. But it's irrelevant to the thread anyways

Because the 4-3 is a better scheme than the 3-4?  Or maybe their DC is a better DC than Jim Haslett?  Or they have better personnel in the secondary?  Take your pick.

*checks logic, reason, and optimism at the door*

ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!!

FIRE EVERYONE!!!!

TRADE RG3!!! START KIRK!!!! TRADE KIRK!!! TRADE FOR JASON CAMPBELL!!! START JASON CAMPBELL!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

BLAME THE PARENTS!!! RG IS SECRETLY A NEW YORK GIANT BEING PAID BY MARA TO SABATOGE OUR TEAM!!!

RENAME THE TEAM!!! WE ARE CURSED BY THE GHOST OF TECUMSAH!!!!

/sarcastic rant

I really wanted to post a thread called "falling in love all over again......not!!!"

I feel this team fell so hard with their own results last year they forgot that they actually need true work and focus to build on previous results. I mean give me a break and I gave a lot of latitude with the RG3 recovery spectacle and really felt inspired by it. I felt great all the Orakpo bull of I'm gonna be DPOY talk. I felt great of the ball hawks we drafted. Rambo didn't even play really today. I felt great of all the coaches talk of how good RG3 looked in the preseason.

We have some serious serious issues. We are in a drunken stupor regarding penalties as with last year, silly penalties. We have a pop warner secondary out there right now. I mean did we even have anyone out there during the Packers, check that, any of the games so far? We are hoping the pistol read option develops the run when in affect IMO, the run can set up the read option.

Someone somewhere needs to remove each of our players heads from the sand, pillow, memory collection, $&@/$@?, to see we have regressed to our more traditional years of sub .500 seasons. I keep hearing progression,progression. By my calculations we will win this year. The problem is it will be week 14. I've been a proponent of RG3, look at my threads but benching him is not the answer he does need confidence, I get that but where the hell is the defense?? Where is the average o line? I mean they were better than this albeit not much but better last year.

Ok I feel better now....well actually no the only only saving grace in respects to my daily life in NY is the Giants are going backwards and I haven't heard a peep from those guys!!!

Here's to hopefully an upswing. If we lose to the Raiders they should hand in the parking passes and contracts because we've officially hit rock bottom.

Ok now I'm don't honest!

Hail!?

I understand that but all the bad stuff you brought up against the NFL is even worse in the NBA. But it's irrelevant to the thread anyways

Meh, call me when the NBA significantly docks a team's salary cap because they didn't participate in a collusion--a punishment which, in effect, steals 36 million dollars from them and gives it to their competitiors--a punishment spearheaded by the owner of a division rival with a conflict of interest in the case.

Call me when David Stern or Adam Silver is as hated by his own players as Roger Goodell is.

Or hell, call me when the NBA broadcasts have a pair or commentators as bad as Dick Stockton and Ronde Barber were.  They are a national broadcast team...

Meh, call me when the NBA significantly docks a team's salary cap because they didn't participate in a collusion--a punishment which, in effect, steals 36 million dollars from them and gives it to their competitiors--a punishment spearheaded by the owner of a division rival with a conflict of interest in the case.

Call me when David Stern or Adam Silver is as hated by his own players as Roger Goodell is.

Or hell, call me when the NBA broadcasts have a pair or commentators as bad as Dick Stockton and Ronde Barber were.  They are a national broadcast team...

So spot on I'm only gonna comment on the last point:

I'm pretty sure Barber was covered in Dick's jiz when the clock hit 0:00   I honestly don't recall an announcer being more excited that a team lost than little Dick was today.

All the owners hate David Stern and you know that.

Tim Donaghy. Draft fixes. Do I need to keep going?

So spot on I'm only gonna comment on the last point:

I'm pretty sure Barber was covered in Dick's jiz when the clock hit 0:00   I honestly don't recall an announcer being more excited that a team lost than little Dick was today.

I actually muted the broadcast for most of the fourth quarter.  They could barely speak.  And I've got a big pet peeve about broadcasters using weird, archaic, inverted syntax.  You'd think Stockton was from the Elizabethan era just from listening to him call the game.  "Off to a slow start... is the offense."  "Given up a lot of yards.. has the defense."  "Going back to pass... is RGIII."

I thought I'd rather have anyone other than Troy Aikman and Joe Buck.  Barber occasionally brought some nice insight to the table, but he and Stockton were painfully unpolished and I think I'd actually rather go back to Aikman.  I wish CBS would broadcast the NFC games, Fox is ridiculous.

All the owners hate David Stern and you know that.

Tim Donaghy. Draft fixes. Do I need to keep going?

Donaghy was a black eye for the NBA.  But they've recovered from that and done a lot to clean up the officiating since then.

Draft fixing is tin foil hat stuff, you know that.  It's fans being fans.

Stern definitely isn't the yes man for the owners Goodell is.  He's come down hard on some franchises that ****ed up or tried and cheat.  But what makes you think the owners hate him?  He's made them gobs and gobs of money, gotten them through about four or five lockouts, tons of relovations and expansions, made the league a global phenomenon, and is leaving the league in one of its strongest periods ever.  NBA franchises have ballooned in value under his leadership.  I bet even Mark Cuban appreciates what Stern has done for him.

Bottom line for me is that the NBA is a lot more fun than the NFL.  The NFL takes itself completely serious even though its a corrupt, anti-competitive joke.  And whatever else can be said about the NBA, it's still going to be a sport in a couple of decades.  Will football?

• 1 month later...

Well, there ya go.  We are officially a bad team.  You don't go up by two scores and then fall apart so completely unless you are a bad team.  Shanked punts, qb play, offensive playcalling, defensive inability to adapt, etc.

This year's Redskins team is just a bad team.  Hurts to say.

Archived