Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

7 minutes ago, clietas said:

He'd have to get out of his own way in order for that to happen. I'm not sure Trump is capable of doing that though.

That may be, I don't know.  I will say this though, what I think you will see is Tax Reform next and I don't think he's going to have a whole lot of problems there.  Anybody who goes against that on the right is going to have a real problem, IMO, in their own states.   Whatever he does there, to lower taxes, is going to have a really good chance of passing IMO.   Dems can't stop that if the GOP is united.  If the GOP isn't united on this issue, there are going to be some guys who oppose that, looking for work after the next election IMO.

He's also going to point out that Taxes are much higher then they would have been, because of Obamacare, which will be true.  He will then point out, that regardless of taxes being spent on Obamacare, it's still not working and it's still dying.  This assumes that it actually continues on it's current path but honestly, I think it's going to.  JMO

Someone brought up an interesting point that as long as the Freedom Caucus continues not to budge on key issues, republicans don't really have a majority in the house and will need Dems help to get stuff passed. I totally believe democrates were ignored while trying to get this bill passed, maybe the next attempt will be a little more bipartisan.  At least one can hope.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So, isn't it possible now for the republicans just to ensure that ACA fails through funding and regulations?  And then blame it on a broken law?

Listen, I don't favor ACA.  It's a step, but one too short.  We need single payer.

Haven't Republicans, especially governors, been doing that already? 

• Like 1

I think the ACA was a big step in the right direction, but yeah, it needs tweaking/fixing.  Gonna be interesting to see where it goes from here - I have very little faith in the electorate's ability to see that doing away with the mandate (and other possible moves) will be the GOP reducing the efficacy of the ACA.  

I'm interested to see what happens next with their tax bill. The Freedom Caucus/Tea Party? Bat****Crazy faction are gonna be feelin' it, they have the power and they are going to be even MORE bat**** crazy next episode.

• Like 1

If the ACA fails it is on the Republicans for not providing a better alternative or fixing it.  They have all the power. To me the most damning thing is how quickly they 1) tried to ram something through and then 2) gave up cause this is hard.

Edited by RedskinsFan44

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

So, isn't it possible now for the republicans just to ensure that ACA fails through funding and regulations?  And then blame it on a broken law?

Listen, I don't favor ACA.  It's a step, but one too short.  We need single payer.

Yes that is still possible. They can decide not to fund the parts that are not mandatory and adjust regs to weaken it as well. This could hasten it's demise.

• Like 1

I still worry we are focusing on the wrong thing when we mention the areas with 1 or very few insurance providers. Is this area under served in terms of healthcare providers? Do the doctors and hospitals have market power to demand more regardless of what insurance says they will pay? I am not sure how a more free market for healthcare services solves the problem for these communities. I guess that is why i keep coming back to single payer as the optimal option for them. The irony is the places with the most healthcare choices seem to the only areas single payer is remotely popular. Those places it would help most dramatically wrap themselves in patriotism decrying single payer as a communist unamerican idea.  Nevertheless the rest of the world's free markets have moved to single payer. Could it be the only reason we do the have si for payer is government's intervention to keep us from a more natural economic state? Irony of just late night rambles?

I've seen some folks floating the notion that a disgusted Trump, ticked off that the GOP wouldn't give him the Win he needed, decides to try to Make A Deal with the Democrats.  

And I've got to say that it's a great fantasy, the notion of Trump telling the Tea Partiers to go perform unnatural acts, and he's going to buy some Dem votes, instead.  

But I don't think there's a remote chance of it happening.  (Even if Trump wanted to.  And I don't see him wanting to.)  

In order for Trump to get his Win with bipartisan support, say without the Tea Party, he has to get what, 30 Dem votes, to replace the Tea Party?  

What's he going to add to The Deal?  Mandate that Trumpcare insurance will pay for medical marijuana?  Pay for abortions?  Single payer?  

I can't imagine that there's anything Trump can put in his package that would get him 30 Dem votes, that wouldn't cost him 200 GOP votes.