Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

"Rookie error" is BS, especially for a guy who claims to be the greatest and smartest deal maker in the universe. I think the plan fact is that he is simply outmatched by the office he holds. He's far too ignorant about even the most basic tenets of government and the healthcare system and is possibly the most intellectually incurious person I've ever witnessed. I remember in Feb when he said "Nobody knew healthcare was this complicated". Um, yes....they did. He never even bothered to do the most cursory research on what he was getting into and obviously never bothered to even ask anyone who DID understand it (because he is smarter than everyone and doesn't need their crap). The guy is a disaster.

The comments Trump made from the oval office earlier confirm this. He truly is out of his element.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Dumb is everywhere and doesn't discriminate.

Greater concentration in certain areas though.

I'm not happy that the GOP "lost" today. I'm happy that there are apparently still enough folks on that side of the aisle with a flicker of leadership in their political soul to avoid ramrodding through a shoddy, hastily put together plan that was going to hurt people purely for political purposes. Today is a win for (real) Republicans as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

"We're going to be submitting, as soon as he is approved, we'll almost simultaneously — shortly thereafter — have a plan. It will be repeal and replace. It will be simultaneously," he added.

Trump told the New York Times on Tuesday that he wants the ACA repealed "within days," but the comments from the press conference appear to set a slightly longer timetable. Price's confirmation hearing will be held January 18.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-obamacare-repeal-replace-press-conference-2017-1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Greater concentration in certain areas though.

I'm not happy that the GOP "lost" today. I'm happy that there are apparently still enough folks on that side of the aisle with a flicker of leadership in their political soul to avoid ramrodding through a shoddy, hastily put together plan that was going to hurt people purely for political purposes. Today is a win for (real) Republicans as far as I'm concerned.

I think that's certainly true for some of them. But I think some of them were also simply covering their political asses because they want to be re-elected. This health care bill had a 17% approval rating and the President backing it is at 35%. For representatives from certain districts this would have basically been a political death sentence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

The so called President is an imbecile. He had no idea what he was supporting

Agree with LKB, Trump wants wins and will turn into what Arnold became out in CA. An R governor who ends up signing democrat bills so he can be well liked and shown to "get things done" 

The problems with Trump were never all that much about policy. That's what made the Republican primaries so painful. You could get Trump who was fundamentally unfit for office...but whose policies were written in water.

Or you could get Cruz who probably wouldn't blow up the world and try to become a dictator....but would pass truly awful legislation.

Trump is a bigot. But it's benign bigory....until it is attached to Executive Orders that Bannon is writing. If Trump decided tomorrow that his only hope was running to the left and cutting deals with Pelosi and Schumer.....we would still risk an accidental nuclear exchange with North Korea, but we could probably get a legislative agenda that would make Bernie Sanders happy.

I'm deadly serious about giving him his ****ing wall. It's not expensive. It will take 20 years to get through the court systems. And the next president could just tear the 200 miles of it that actually gets built down - creating jobs both to build it and destroy it. It's ugly symbolically, but electing Trump in the first place was ugly symbollicaly. I will begrudgingly trade an ugly symbol for real policy.

Christ, I'd even let him "tighten up" immigration vetting, because I know that it's pretty damn tight to start with if I can get some kind of Gang of 8 reform passed.

And you know Trump would pass it if he could promise "Security" as the trade-off.

Deals! Deals! Deals!

So many deals to be made!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think that's certainly true for some of them. But I think some of them were also simply covering their political asses because they want to be re-elected. This health care bill had a 17% approval rating and the President backing it is at 35%. For representatives from certain districts this would have basically been a political death sentence.

This Bill was not very popular among many, that certainly true but, there were a lot of reasons for it.  You had those on the right who just want repeal and nothing else.  You had those who wanted to change certain things more towards the left, more towards the right, you have those who just don't like the guy and you have those who are Dems who support the party line so 17% doesn't really mean that people want Obamacare, per say.  That number is probably much less but I do agree, this Bill was not popular.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I could potentially see Trump's absolute need to "win" and be liked being exploited by the Dems. That or they'll just let him keep digging himself deeper until he has a worse approval rating than that healthcare bill.

We could steal Trump.  Melania, Ivanka and Donald would much rather be loved by the elite left. They live in NYC, Im sure they wish they were cheered by BYC vs Iowa. The clothes designers, the Kim Kardashians, etc ... 

it will never happen but its there. 

1 minute ago, ABQCOWBOY said:

This Bill was not very popular among many, that certainly true but, there were a lot of reasons for it.  You had those on the right who just want repeal and nothing else.  You had those who wanted to change certain things more towards the left, more towards the right, you have those who just don't like the guy and you have those who are Dems who support the party line so 17% doesn't really mean that people want Obamacare, per say.  That number is probably much less but I do agree, this Bill was not popular.

That's fair. And to be honest, the poll also had, IIRC, 24% at "unsure". So I think there were quite a few people who just didn't really know what was in the bill. But yeah, they basically put forward a bill that was able to get moderate republicans and conservative republicans to band together in refusing to back it. That is a hell of an accomplishment.  lol

I don't think he's really that angry because he didn't have the slightest clue what was even in the bill nor did he care. He didn't give two ****s about that bill. He just wanted a win, but now he'll be content to either blame Ryan or blame the Dems...or who knows maybe he'll branch out and start blaming lemurs or something. The inauguration crowd, travel ban, and Sessions stuff was far more simple and personal to him, and that is the only stuff he cares about. To him those were personal slights against him...this legislative stuff is uninteresting to him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That's fair. And to be honest, the poll also had, IIRC, 24% at "unsure". So I think there were quite a few people who just didn't really know what was in the bill. But yeah, they basically put forward a bill that was able to get moderate republicans and conservative republicans to band together in refusing to back it. That is a hell of an accomplishment.  lol

What's very interesting about this, to me, is that you have something around 25 to 35 Republicans on the right who blocked this thing.  If you can believe some these reports, there were a good 10/15 who would come on board if you could get the numbers to where you had a win with maybe 3 votes to spare.  None of them wanted to go back to their own constituency and be painted as the vote who passed the Bill.  I get that, but if he was actually that close, that's really interesting to me.  This was not a popular bill at all.  If he introduces something that appeals to the GOP, just a bit more, I think he will pass it. 

I think it's a mistake to discount this guy, and I'm telling you that I am not a fan of Trump.  Never have been and I'm on record here with that.  He may be way more effective then we think going forward.  IDK.

IMO it isn't so much Trump that could be effective or underestimated, but more some of his advisors. Steve Bannon is a effing snake in the grass and is very smart. Notice how he completely stays out of the limelight for the most part. He's one of those guys who prefers to work in the shadows and he has absolutely no scruples. And I'm sure he knows how to manipulate Trump and get him to go along with his ideas (not really hard to do though...just make him feel like he's the smart person who came up with the idea).

11 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

this is why i stay away from the daily news cycle. i wouldn't last a month if i read **** like this every damn day

Translation: Due to his lack of governing experience, Trump has no idea how badly he got owned.

I guess SNL will have to translate for him (again).

• Like 1

well one thing i predicted long ago has come to pass..thanks to "conservatives" and trump, britebart is now mainstream conservative media...next up...infowars (already has press credentials for wh)

btw....the dems have been asking the gopers for years to work with them on fixing aca issues and got shut out....

there's just way too many stupid/****ed up people with a say in things is my take...

genghis.jpg

• Like 1