Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

1 minute ago, jschuck12001 said:

If you think dummies on the right are the only dummies who are confused by the actual name and slang name you're fooling yourself.

Dumb is everywhere and doesn't discriminate.

Ah. The ole' "everything is equal" play.

• Like 2

Prediction: Trump will back a public option prior to 2018, and it will pass easily.

And he will have given the Democrats a victory neither Bill Clinton nor Barack Obama nor Hillary Clinton nor Bernie Sanders ever could have achieved.

At this point, I'm all in on a Trump presidency. I demand that Pelosi and Schumer go to the White House tonight with a list of deals. Because he needs to "Win" in order to justify his political existence.

Give him his goddamn wall right now in exchange for amnesty on all the Dreamers and a path to citizenship to anyone here X number of years with no criminal records. That wall will be tied up in court for 20 years anyway on eminent domain alone.

Give him a corporate tax cut rate and his infrastructure plan as long as the infrastructure priorities match Democratic priorities.

And in one year, once he's stood in front of 100 gold shovels, give him ACA reform with a public option.

Pelosi can give him wins. Ryan cannot.

• Like 1

Well, I didn't love this Bill but I will tell you, I think the left is going to seriously regret this day.

If the Bill dies and doesn't come back until much later, I think it's really going to hurt the Left.   This was an opportunity to basically save the rough outline of Obamacare.   When 2017 comes and healthcare costs start really kicking in, I think there is going to be a real backlash from the American People.   Obamacare is going to fail on it's own IMO.  You just can't sustain it without huge costs passed on.  That's not going to be popular and if it does fail, Americans are not going to be in a good place.  What this Bill proposed was a way to save Obamacare IMO.  Now, Republicans have cover because they can just say they had no help.  Trump is just going to sit it out and let it fail.  This thing is going to fold IMO.

This was just a bad move by the Dems IMO.

Just now, mistertim said:

Ah. The ole' "everything is equal" play.

No, it's just easy to exploit people on both sides, I have watched demonstrators asked specific basic political questions while rallying and they don't even know what that are protesting about, they don't know names of politicians, they don't even know the difference in the house and the Senate.

I replied because it's a typical post by you, just a pile on without any real value.

1 minute ago, ABQCOWBOY said:

Well, I didn't love this Bill but I will tell you, I think the left is going to seriously regret this day.

If the Bill dies and doesn't come back until much later, I think it's really going to hurt the Left.   This was an opportunity to basically save the rough outline of Obamacare.   When 2017 comes and healthcare costs start really kicking in, I think there is going to be a real backlash from the American People.   Obamacare is going to fail on it's own IMO.  You just can't sustain it without huge costs passed on.  That's not going to be popular and if it does fail, Americans are not going to be in a good place.  What this Bill proposed was a way to save Obamacare IMO.  Now, Republicans have cover because they can just say they had no help.  Trump is just going to sit it out and let it fail.  This thing is going to fold IMO.

Honestly, if you ever learned anything, you would be worthless to me.

Republicans ran for 8 years on "Repeal Obamacare."

They tried for three weeks, ****ed it up, and quit.

Obamacare is fully funded in the federal budget going forward. Medicaid expansion is here to stay. When the marketplace payers struggle, the only solution that makes any sense will be a government option.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jschuck12001 said:

No, it's just easy to exploit people on both sides, I have watched demonstrators asked specific basic political questions while rallying and they don't even know what that are protesting about, they don't know names of politicians, they don't even know the difference in the house and the Senate.

I replied because it's a typical post by you, just a pile on without any real value.

What do you think the percentage is of people who only watch Fox News for their information not knowing that the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing, compared to people who watch other news sources? How many people who only watch Fox News do you think aren't Trump supporters? I have no clue, but I'd be very interested in knowing. I'm guessing it would be a huge difference.

And sure, stupid people can be found anywhere. But this is a particular brand of stupid where people are shooting themselves in the foot because of pure ignorance and misinformation. They were conned, and it was an incredible con by conservative media.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Obamacare is fully funded in the federal budget going forward. Medicaid expansion is here to stay. When the marketplace payers struggle, the only solution that makes any sense will be a government option.

The government option is the only option.

• Like 2

so, among other drivel i won't cover,  trump just said on the telly that the dems will come to him when aca explodes and they will make a great deal...which is fun as it says he couldn't make a great deal with his gopers but can with the dems......:headbang:

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, ABQCOWBOY said:

You've got to be kidding. Seriously.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Prediction: Trump will back a public option prior to 2018, and it will pass easily.

And he will have given the Democrats a victory neither Bill Clinton nor Barack Obama nor Hillary Clinton nor Bernie Sanders ever could have achieved.

At this point, I'm all in on a Trump presidency. I demand that Pelosi and Schumer go to the White House tonight with a list of deals. Because he needs to "Win" in order to justify his political existence.

Give him his goddamn wall right now in exchange for amnesty on all the Dreamers and a path to citizenship to anyone here X number of years with no criminal records. That wall will be tied up in court for 20 years anyway on eminent domain alone.

Give him a corporate tax cut rate and his infrastructure plan as long as the infrastructure priorities match Democratic priorities.

And in one year, once he's stood in front of 100 gold shovels, give him ACA reform with a public option.

Pelosi can give him wins. Ryan cannot.

Bingo. He needs a win. Bigly.

I wonder if now that repeal/replace is tabled for the foreseeable future, GOP controlled states who haven't expanded medicaid will do so.

Lots of the poorer ACA results stem from states who didn't take expanded medicaid, so one might expect holdout states to improve results if they take the expansion.

This would be helpful for state GOPers, since they can get better healthcare results during their terms while conveniently not telling people it is happening through the ACA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

OMG, LKB is telling me that I am worthless to him.  LOL......

Let me ask you, do you really believe that any part of me would like to be useful to you?  Wake up man.

The truth of this is that Obamacare is not going to last.  It can not.  What going to happen, IMO, is that you are going to see cost skyrocket.  Service provided is going to continue to suck.  People are going to lose patients and the next Bill that gets introduced is going to be way more Right.  Those people who are more Moderate in the GOP are going to just fall in line because their voter base is going to see only the cost hikes and the poor level of service.  Your don't have to believe me.  Heck, I hope you don't but if I'm right, you guys are going to hate what you get.

1 minute ago, haithman said:

Bingo. He needs a win. Bigly.

That might happen but I'm doubting it.  He still needs the GOP to pass anything and he won't have that with that strategy IMO.  He will get his win with Tax Reform.  I don't really see this as that big of a hit to him, to be honest.   Tax reform will put money back in peoples pockets and that's going to be huge for him.  Once he has that popularity, he's going to have a lot of support from Americans IMO. 

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

I said in here a while back I didn't believe Obamacare would ever be repealed because Republicans dont have the balls to remove something that in general is pretty good.  What worries me is that I think the bill is an open beta and needs fine tuning.  We have one option here in Florida, that option is good but if it goes away we're screwed, then you have rising costs and other items that worry someone who pays for their own health insurance.

I truly believe Healthcare is a Democratic bill, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump started working with the left, its the only way this thing gets done correctly.

20 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I wonder if now that repeal/replace is tabled for the foreseeable future, GOP controlled states who haven't expanded medicaid will do so.

Lots of the poorer ACA results stem from states who didn't take expanded medicaid, so one might expect holdout states to improve results if they take the expansion.

This would be helpful for state GOPers, since they can get better healthcare results during their terms while conveniently not telling people it is happening through the ACA.

That's possible but I don't see it.  At the end of the day, this is about making money.  If you can not get young people to get on board, which they are not doing, it's going to fail IMO.  Folks are going to pull out even more I think.

Edited by ABQCOWBOY

"Rookie error" is BS, especially for a guy who claims to be the greatest and smartest deal maker in the universe. I think the plan fact is that he is simply outmatched by the office he holds. He's far too ignorant about even the most basic tenets of government and the healthcare system and is possibly the most intellectually incurious person I've ever witnessed. I remember in Feb when he said "Nobody knew healthcare was this complicated". Um, yes....they did. He never even bothered to do the most cursory research on what he was getting into and obviously never bothered to even ask anyone who DID understand it (because he is smarter than everyone and doesn't need their crap). The guy is a disaster.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

You probably watch a lot of Watters World...

• Like 1