Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

They jumped a car from skyscraper to skyscraper to skyscraper in F7. They outran a sub on ice and shielded Dom from fire using their cars in F8.  You really worried about a line being crossed on F9? 😁

this is beyond the pale, even for them!

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Am I the only one who has never seen even one FF movie…?

watch 1 and 5.

1 is point break with cars. so it’s good

5 is just an awesome action heist movie 

the rest are dumpster fires 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I only starting watching since 4.  I haven't seen 3 and I don't think I have seen 1 and 2 either.

For those of you that are actually seeing movies in the theater; how's the crowd.   While people are going to the movies again; crowds are still light where I live.

Edited by Rdskns2000

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

For those of you that are actually seeing movies in the theater; how's the crowd.   While people are going to the movies again; crowds are still light where I live.

I’ve seen a quiet place 2, cruella and F9 in consecutive weeks and crowds were nonexistent. A quiet place 2 had the largest crowd but it wasn’t even half full. Think I only had 3 other people in my row 

23 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Fatherhood on Netflix

Good story line. Kevin Hart shows a different side. Worth the watch.

Watched this last night not knowing anything about it other than seeing it on Netflix.  I assumed it was a normal Kevin Hart comedy.

Wow I was really surprised and thrown back by the movie, pretty quickly into it too, but in a good way.  I have a completely new found respect for Kevin Hart and had no clue he had that kind of acting chops in him.  It is a heart warming movie with a lot of ups and downs and tugs on your heart multiple times.  It is a bit slow at points but I never lost interest and thought it was fantastic.

• Like 1

Yeah, Kev actually showed some range in this one.  We didn't realize it wasn't a typical Hart Comedy, either.  Drama with a few laughs sprinkled in.   

Good to see Deborah Ayorinde (who played his wife) get a role alongside an A-list megastar like Kevin Hart.  I loved her in Amazon Prime's "Them." I think her career is about to take off.  

Saw Boss Baby 2:Family Business; a solid sequel. If you liked the first one; you will like the second one.

Watched The Tomorrow War with Chris Pratt on Amazon Prime last night. A Time Travel war against aliens movie. A little long but it was pretty good; another solid B.

I watched The Tomorrow War on Prime.  The aliens were very cool and it's got entertaining moments.  Overall it had potential but for the most part it's a mashup of stuff already done in other alien invasion movies.

As far as Chris Pratt goes not sure if he was miscast or just phoned it in.  I've liked him in most every movie I've seen of his but thought he was flat in this one.  

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 7:49 PM, Califan007 said:

The first FF movie was a straight up Point Break rip-off.  Almost same exact plot just substitute surfing with street racing.  If you had told me then it would turn into a nine film franchise making billions overseas I would have laughed.  

• Like 2

I just watched No Sudden Move on HBO Max. It was really good. It's a noir thriller with tons of stars. Don Cheadle (one of my favorite actors), Benecio Del Torro ( another one of my favorites), Brendan Fraser who does not look like Brendan Fraser (I didn't realize who he was until about halfway into the movie), Ray Liotta, Matt Damon and some other great casting of people that I don't know their names.

I thought it was a good representation of how this country works. You don't get that in the beginning, but by the end, you'll understand. Anyways, it was a really solid movie that my wife and I enjoyed.

Also, Califan, Momma was correct. Just watch ff 1 & 5. The rest are garbage. When I read your comment about never seeing them, I was going to say the same thing but Momma beat me to it. Of course, I am days late :) I am surprised someone actually agreed with me on that.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 1:14 AM, Fan since a Fetus said:

I've been into slower movies lately. Tired of the big blockbusters. These movies aren't for everybody....I might rank something an A. you a F. I've recommended these to other people who have not liked them....Anyways...

Prospect - Netflix - It stars Pedro Pascal. I recommended it to other people who said it was boring. I think you need to give it about 20 minutes to see where it is going. At first, I was like "what the hell is this. It seems very low budget" It is, especially for a SciFi. However, things get very interesting. By the end, I loved it and was recommending it to everybody. To me it is an A- movie.

GoodTime - Netflix - It stars Robert Pattinson - One thing, Pattinson has become a hell of an actor since Twilight. If he's in it, I'm interested. That's all. This movie is very low budget. The volume is annoying throughout and you have to keep the remote handy. However, the story and Pattinson's acting are superb. Basically, he is a no good person that has to help his brother in multiple ways. reading the synopsis, it might sound boring, but it is anything but. A

The Invitation - Netflix - Goes out in a couple of weeks. This is a thriller/suspense movie. they call it horror, but I disagree. Pretty cool watch. A guy goes to his ex-wife's party that invited a bunch of friends as well. That's all I can say.  It was interesting. I give this one a B. It was definitely worth the watch prior to it leaving Netflix.

One more movie to watch that I watched a while ago is Ready or Not. If you like suspense/thriller/horror, then I highly recommend this movie. Fantastic!!!

Watched The Invitation last night.  Glad I did before it leaves Netflix.  While I watched it, I thought it’s okay, but when it was over I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

I watched The Tomorrow War with Chris Pratt. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9777666/

A family man is drafted to fight in a future war where the fate of humanity relies on his ability to confront the past.

Worth watching

I’m torn on if I want to watch this.  The major plot hole I see is that if you go back in time and bring them to the future and they end up dying, that would screw some things up.  That persons future self would cease to exist as well as any children that came after them.  Seems like a big “rip a hole and time and space” thing I would have trouble getting past.  Without giving too much spoiler, is this addressed in a reasonable way?

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’m torn on if I want to watch this.  The major plot hole I see is that if you go back in time and bring them to the future and they end up dying, that would screw some things up.  That persons future self would cease to exist as well as any children that came after them.  Seems like a big “rip a hole and time and space” thing I would have trouble getting past.  Without giving too much spoiler, is this addressed in a reasonable way?

I mean sort of.  With Chris Pratt and the group of people he's drafted with they do address why they're chosen and it plays into what you're talking about.  But I can't remember if they addressed it for the overall population of people sent to the future to fight the war.  By the time he goes, future humans are pretty desperate.  When it comes to time travel movies though I've found you kind of have to just go with it.  Even with Endgame which tried to set up the rules, it still had holes.  Tomorrow War has plot holes for sure and it's a silly movie.  But it does have some good action sequences and the aliens are well designed and look cool.  I laughed at the final act because it basically made the whole mission he needed to complete in the 2nd act pointless lol.  I think it would of been better if they had made it straight satire.  Which is funny because the guy who directed it (Chris McKay) is known for satire.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not really.  ThougH I view the movie more as a war against aliens and the time travel parts to be secondary.

8 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It makes sense since in order to avoid a time-travelling paradox, the service men of the future must die before 2051 so they won't meet themselves in the future.

There are probably more aliens to be found since the white spikes were brought to Earth by another kind of aliens. Chris Pratt must really work on the melodrama acting

9 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Does he fight for Jesus?

No Sir, he fights for his daughter and the world :)

The Hunt (2020) just popped up on HBOMAX.  Quick description of the movie if you’ve never heard of it:  decidedly uncharitable portrayals of left wing assholes kidnap a bunch of stereotypical right wing assholes and hunt them for sport.  Comparable movie:  Ready or Not.  

I love horror comedy and so it’s no surprise I enjoyed this movie.  Betty Gilpin killed it.  Don’t expect depth here, this movie offers only cheap laughs in skinny water.  

Question:  anyone seen Werewolves Within yet?  Am I going to regret paying a few bucks to stream it?