Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Redskins’ Hall says he’ll target Tony Romo’s ribs

emor09

I'm loving all of this. I actually want this rivalry to become ruthless again on the field and through the media. I want what the Steelers/Ravens have and I have the slightest clue why anybody would be against this trash talk either. We are arch rivals aren't we? Act like it. We should want our players to care about this rivalry just as much as we do, old school style.

Amen to that!

I agree with the philosophy that if he's in good enough shape to take the field, then he volunteered.

Still, I have a problem with players trying to injure people, or with even saying that they will.

To me, that's what I'd expect from Philly.

Yeah, it's a pretty ugly thing to say. I don't mind players giving it their all, but you don't say you're going after someone's injury. Sounds classless. Also, makes him a target to Cowboys who want to protect their qb.

“If you know something’s wrong with an opponent, you’re going to try to target in on that. We’re going to try to definitely get as many hats on that team as possible.”

:nono:

Tsk tsk, DeAngelo. Just saying that can draw a flag in today's NFL. I guarantee a 15-yarder now.

I was hoping this wouldn't happen. Target someone's sprained ankle, their elbow, fine. Rolling into knees, off limits. Potentially punctured lungs, also off limits.

I realize it's football. Doesn't mean there can't be sportsmanship.

Sportsmanship has nothing to do with it. With the current NFL rules on QB, the middle of the body is the only real place you can hit a QB. You cannot hit the head and a QB in the pocket cannot be hit below the knees. D Hall may not be nice for saying this, but in reality, Romo sits to pee will be hit in his ribs, back or arm because those are the only legal options.

I did not see anything in that interview where he said he wanted to injure someone. My interpretation was that you want the quarterback to be uneasy in the pocket and if he has injured ribs then what better way to make him tentative than to give him some shots in the ribs. Isnt it the intention of any opposing defense to knock out the opposing quarterback? That does not mean they want the guy to suffer a long term injury. If he gets several of the shots that the Arizona quarterback got this past Sunday, he is not going to be comfortable in the pocket.

DeAngelo: That was a very daft comment, man! Bad karma, dude, bad karma. Don't think about injuring somebody - just play the game! Smart fans don't want this bravado - we want good playing, and we want guys to pull for that don't say stuff like that.

Diron Talbert said 35 years ago that if we could just knock Roger Staubach out, we'd win the game one Thanksgiving in Dallas. And what happened? We knocked him out, an unknown Clint Longley came in, threw a couple of bombs late in the game - and knocked us out.

I agree with the philosophy that if he's in good enough shape to take the field, then he volunteered.

Still, I have a problem with players trying to injure people, or with even saying that they will.

To me, that's what I'd expect from Philly.

Agreed, even though I'd like to think Hall just meant knock Romo sits to pee out of the game, nothing more serious like a Philthy fan might say.

Love this comment from the article:

"It's good strategy to aim for the opposition's weak point... Romo sits to pee should aim for Hall's brain."

edit: I think Romo sits to pee will see more love from the officials than ever, this Monday, when it comes to any contact. I mean Tom Brady and Peyton Manning type skirt and protection by the refs.

Technically there's nothing wrong with it. No rules against hitting a player in the torso, but it's still a dumb thing to say. It makes him look bad, it makes the team look bad, it makes the league look bad, it motivates the opposition, and there's no upside. Go ahead and do it, but don't say it.

Play the game on the field not through the media.Go out and do what you need to do to win within the rules and constraints of the game. What does a statement such as Hall's accomplish?Last week Hall was saying he had never been beaten by Fitzgerald and sure enough he got torched. Walk the walk Deangelo!

Play the game on the field not through the media.Go out and do what you need to do to win within the rules and constraints of the game. What does a statement such as Hall's accomplish?Last week Hall was saying he had never been beaten by Fitzgerald and sure enough he got torched. Walk the walk Deangelo!

Agreed. There's a reason why coaches try to hide injuries. Exposing them is part of the game. But for ****s sake, shut up! I'm not a huge fan of D. Hall, simply because of the way he carries himself. I don't hate him, and I respect his ability, but he is a liability at times, and thinks he's the latest rendition of Deion. Shut up, play the game, do what you're supposed to do (which, I'm sure, includes targeting high-profile players' injuries). No benefit to the Redskins comes from his comments.

I don't mind the bravado but there are times when you should just play the game. Whether Hall realizes it or not, he probably does, he just put a target on his back. This game is a huge must-win for us and every bulletin board material he gives them just makes the game that much more difficult.

:helmet:

I like D Hall's mentality here but there are things you can and cannot say. Obviously if you see a weakness in your opponent you will take advantage of it, there is no need to state the obvious. However it is simply not appropriate to go out in public like a thug and say that you want to injure another player. It shows a lack of class and respect for your opponent. If Damarcus Ware came out and said he'll be trying to take out Rexy's knees we'd be up in arms about that. I can appreciate DHall trying to intimidate the Cowgirls, but this just makes him sound like a dirty player.

Archived