Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Redskins’ Hall says he’ll target Tony Romo’s ribs

emor09

Something else to think about: with Hall claiming he's amping up his desire to flatten Romo sits to pee and his sore ribs--and by default that the rest of the defense is, too--he may have just caused an extra holding penalty on the Cowboys...or an extra false start penalty...or an extra quickened pass attempt that ends up off the mark.

If he's able to get into their heads at all and have Romo sits to pee and his offensive linemen thinking about Hall's claims, they could be just a liiiitle bit jumpier than they normally would be.

This is true, but it is also true that he may have just caused a very questionable "roughing the passer" penalty or "unnecessary roughness" penalty.

Gibbs coached Theismann' date=' Manley and Riggins. I don't think he would've minded some trash talking.

I would not mind seeing Romo sits to pee get sandwiched between Hall and Landry on a DB blitz package. I think that might kill him though.[/quote']

wouldn't be the first time

vick+ribs.png

How is this bulletin board material? Even if it wasn't the Skins playing the Cowboys, best believe that ANY OTHER TEAM would be targeting Romo sits to pee's ribs. Hall said what EVERYONE was thinking. This is a brutal game. We hear over and over about players nursing injuries and guys (in the pile) twisting/turning those body parts to cause further damage. If the Cowboys need this quote from Hall to get up for the game, then they are a bunch of suckers. Give me a break....Nothing wrong w. what he said.

How is this bulletin board material? Even if it wasn't the Skins playing the Cowboys, best believe that ANY OTHER TEAM would be targeting Romo sits to pee's ribs. Hall said what EVERYONE was thinking. This is a brutal game. We hear over and over about players nursing injuries and guys (in the pile) twisting/turning those body parts to cause further damage. If the Cowboys need this quote from Hall to get up for the game, then they are a bunch of suckers. Give me a break....Nothing wrong w. what he said.

From what I am hearing, it is not that nobody disagrees, it is just that Dallas players are going to try and hit Grossman even harder now.

I don't think it matters, but some do.

I dont think most of the people here disagree with you that Football is brutal and they should be doing everything they need to do to get the advantage and win.

However,

Its another thing to be going around making statements like that when you could just do it on the field instead of through the media.

You know who cares about statements like this?

Fans.

That's all.

Players don't care.

They've been playing football a long time, most of their lives for many of them. They're used to players targeting their injuries.

The only people who get up in arms about crap like this are fans that don't understand that this is just business as usual, whether it's in the media for you to read or not.

It is amusing to think that the Cowboyus will now try to hit Grossman harder.. as if they would ever lay up on him if they got a shot anyway..

~Bang

From what I am hearing, it is not that nobody disagrees, it is just that Dallas players are going to try and hit Grossman even harder now.

I don't think it matters, but some do.

Ummm, they weren't going to hit him as hard as they could before? This is all a non-story.

Hall isn't going to do anything dirty but if the opportunity presents itself then a good hard hit will do the trick. If he hits him illegally then he should be fined and suspended. Just like Mike Golic said on Mike and Mike this morning. All you have to do is place your hands on his rib area when you are getting up using all of your body weight. He will regret playing.

Don't announce your QB injuries to a specific T Cowboys Nation. This is what will happen and this is why teams try to keep injuries on the down-low if they aren't obvious to the naked eye. Ie. severity of a pulled hamstring.

Dallas is using Tony Romo sits to pee's injury to be like, "Look! our QB played through these crazy injuries to beat a crappy 49ers team in a comeback!" so they can feel better about themselves for the pathetic choke job he did against the Jets.

I wish people would stop it with this karma/jinx bull****.
Fans of sport are some of the most superstitious ****ers you will ever meet and I include myself in that lot. Our record in prime time games sucks ass and to announce an intent to hurt an injured player in my book is most definitely bad juju.

This is such a non-story...

First of all I love that Hall is talking some trash to the Cowgirls, this rivalry SHOULD be heated...

Second, Hall rarely blitzes, he is just talking, getting into Romo sits to pee's head. It's not like they are just going to go after his ribs, they just want to hit him period (which he will feel in his ribs).

In the end the talk doesn't matter at all...it's all about making plays, which Hall has the tendency to do. I'll wait and judge him after the game...

while this sort of thing happens in every high level football game all of the time, if a Cowboy said this about Landry's or Orakpo's injury, we would jump on it as "classless."

i wish DHall wouldnt have said it, even if everyone knows it.

Well, those Skins fans would look JUST as foolish as the Cowboys fans who are taking offense to what Hall said. It's all a part of the game. This is a non-issue and who cares if he said it?

I'm having a hard time getting too excited about what DHall said. I just don't see much controversy here. He wants to hit Tony R(h)omo hard. Whoop-dee-doo.

For those worried about "bulletin board material", give me a break. One team will win because it outplayed the other on the field for 60 minutes, no other reason. In the 4th quarter when the game is on the line, I really doubt any players will be thinking about what DHall said about the Romosexual a few days earlier.

Archived