Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Redskins’ Hall says he’ll target Tony Romo’s ribs

emor09

I won't deny that we have one of the best rivalries. Sports Illustrated has called our rivalry one of the "best of all time" and "one of the greatest in all of sports." I'm also a HUGE skins fan. BUT, let's be honest. Our rivalry is probably even more lopsided, with the Crygirls leading 60-38.. Doesn't matter though, cause after this year, that lead will fall to 60-40 :)

how many playoff games have been decided? superbowls? divisions?

You're too young to recall this one, but you may have heard about it.

In 1978 or 79 we had the Cowboys on the ropes. Riggins was running wild, we had a fat halftime lead.

Staubach made a big comeback and we lost in the end to a last second Td to Tony Hill.

After the game, Cowboys DE Harvey Martin kicked open the Redskins locker room door and threw a funeral wreath in, then slammed the door.

Man did it ever piss me off. But over time I've come to see it as a great moment for the rivlary, if not for the Redskins.

I can only help but wonder about what would happen if he did that today. Probably a bunch of pantywastes crying about the death metaphor.

then I think about Russ Grimm telling randy White we're going to run it right down his throat, and then we do, while Grimm has a personal party all over White.

And I wonder if people could stomach the brutality of targeting a man and then hammering him til it hurts.

Hardly seems sporting.

~Bang

Awesome story and just goes to show that such things can piss off opposing fans but that's the beauty of having an actual arch rival. I recall the game against the Cowboys back in 1999 when Aikman connected with Rocket to beat us in OT and how it literally pissed me off to the point of tears. I was in 7th grade during the 1999 season and actually remember it quite well and still not ashamed to admit that I was brought to tears after that loss. Damn you Dallas Cowboys, making an innocent kid in 7th grade cry like that :ols:. This rivalry needed some spice and I think we've seen it this week thankfully, I love how viscous everything used to be and want to see some fireworks on Monday Night.

Actually, the bad blood between the Cowboys and Redskins goes back to before the Cowboys existed. When some uppity Texan who wanted to create an expansion team bought the rights to "Hail To The Redskins", and held them hostage until Washington voted to allow expansion.

The rivalry, if you will, is older than the Cowboys.

Disgusting comments by Hall. He should be ashamed. Guys get hurt enough in the game as it is. You don't need to go out of your way to do it on purpose.

If Hall does it and in the act comitts a penalty (leading with the helmet, rigging the passer, ect) I hope the league suspends him. And fines him.

Disgusting comments by Hall. He should be ashamed. Guys get hurt enough in the game as it is. You don't need to go out of your way to do it on purpose.

If Hall does it and in the act comitts a penalty (leading with the helmet, rigging the passer, ect) I hope the league suspends him. And fines him.

Mr. Political Correctness? Really????

Lighten up Lucy.

Call me old school, I wish the team would let the playing do the talking. Sure if Romo sits to pee suits up, he is fair game -- this ain't ultimate frisbee -- he's got to expect to be able to take a legal hit (ribs and all) and roll with the punches.

But these off field comments like guaranteed wins, targeting players, etc... not a big fan folks, gotta admit. Just leave it all on the field. The scoreboard and a "W" is all the conversation you will ever need.

This is Dallas week damn it! And what do we have? People gushing over some dirty dallas dog hamming up a rib injury? Saying our Defense is a bunch of sickos because they are gonna knock that Hide and go <edited by staff for content> on his ass?! Get your **** together ES. WE. WANT. DALLAS!

Loudmouth here. The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off. I just wish D Hall would shut his ****ing mouth. I love the guy...VT fan and all....but jesus the guy really should STFU sometimes. Been this way since college.

I get what he's saying and I don't really have an issue with the whole "hit an opponent where he's weak", but this franchise doesn't need any distractions and Hall has created one. Just stupid in my loudmouthed opinion. Off soap box.

This is Dallas week damn it! And what do we have? People gushing over some dirty dallas dog hamming up a rib injury? Saying our Defense is a bunch of sickos because they are gonna knock that Hide and go <edited by staff for content> on his ass?! Get your **** together ES. WE. WANT. DALLAS!

No. What we have are people pissed because a remark was made by a player on our team that puts him under extra scrutiny. If D. Hall makes a semi-questionable hit on Romo sits to pee, it's a guaranteed 15-yarder. He's an idiot for saying that to reporters.

Alot of talk this week about bringing extra pressure to try and get to Romo sits to pee. I don't buy it. I think its all headgames. I think we go into the game with the same gameplan we would go into it with, if #9 were healthy. We get shots on QB's just playing our typical D gameplan, I think thats exactly what they're going to do this week. No chance we risk giving up a deep ball simply to try and take a shot at their goofy ****ing quarterback. Rush 4, cover well, maybe send some delayed blitz, Romo sits to pee will do plenty to screw it up on his own. Hail!

It's hilarious that redskin fans are reacting more dramatically than actual dallas players. When they asked Witten and Kitna about their thoughts they shrugged it off and said that he didnt say something they already knew.

Cowboy forum posters seem to feel the same way...

This isn't news. Every player acts this way when they know that an opposing player is hurt. DeAngelo Hall was just stupid enough to mention it publicly. I have no issue with it.

I'd do the exact same thing, no issue with him saying it. You never go out looking to seriously hurt anyone or end a career but roughing them up.....sure thing. I hate Hall, but it isn't like he said he is going out there to knock the guy out of the season with a cheap shot.

If Romo sits to pee is at risk of further or serious injury, he shouldn't play. The team's medical staff needs to make that decision. If they let him go out there, when he shouldn't, they should lose their jobs. As long as the Redskins play within the rules, it's expected they take shots at Romo sits to pee.

What he said could be a major detriment to the entire team though.Especially if Romo sits to pee plays.The officials,who we know ALWAYS calls a fair and unbiased game in Dallas,will be looking for roughing the passer penalties.If we touch him we'll get flagged.We've had 6 penalties so far this year.Expect at least that number against our defense alone on monday night.Plus add the fact that now they gonna be lookin for "pay back" and "shut up" hits on Grossman.And the fact that we could easily a WR shutting him up with a crack back block.

I love the excitement and confidence of this team,but please save your mouth flapping till after the game.

Maybe its just me,but im just not a fan of smack talking before a game.

Honestly, I LOVE to hear that. The great Baltimore Defenses would put bounties on opposing offenses star players. THAT is how elite defenses form. Our D has that killer instinct swagger which gives us a chance to succeed this year..

EXACTLY! This team has always had loads of talent, in recent years the best that money could buy, but was missing a key element: ANGER!

All great defenses play mad! You have to make opposing offenses gasp when they see your defense on the white-board. Stella's finally got her MEAN back.....

HAIL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-9175303

Poke fans reaction to Hall's comments. :ols:

Who Will Hit Who?

In the two games between the Cowboys and Redskins last year, the Cowboys gave up just three sacks. However, the Redskins gave up six. The Cowboys' defense is playing well this season. They currently lead the league in sacks with 10. Hall made the strong remarks, but it may be the Cowboys who will do the hitting on Monday night.

So Much for the Element of Surprise

Hall announced his strategy to the world this week by openly making those bold statements. Now the Cowboys will be fully prepared for him. The referees will also watch him closely to make sure his hits are clean. If not, the NFL will be ready to issue a fine.

Hall May Be Targeting the Wrong Guy

It may not even be Romo sits to pee under center for the Cowboys on Monday night. It could be backup quarterback Jon Kitna(notes). In the last meeting between the two teams, Kitna led the Cowboys to a win over the Redskins. He threw for 305 yards and two touchdowns. He was only sacked twice and neither one was by Hall.

Bulletin Board Material

I would like to personally thank Hall for making these remarks. Instead of putting fear in the Cowboys, he gave them more motivation to win. This is the Cowboys' home opener. It will be Monday night in prime-time with two division rivals. The Cowboys are professionals, so they can motivate themselves for a game like this. But words like these can come back to bite you.

I do not have a problem with the remarks by Hall. It is simply gamesmanship. His statements really do him no good anyway. Hall is not intimidating anyone. If anything, he put pressure on himself to perform well and back up his silly statements.

Archived