Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Redskins’ Hall says he’ll target Tony Romo’s ribs

emor09

What's with all the crybabies on this thread. People are actually mad that Deangelo wasn't being fake enough with the media? The sport of football is BRUTAL. He is just telling it how it is. People are being paid millions of dollars and they will use everything they can to their advantage regardless of how you feel about it. I applaud Deangelo for not being afraid to tell the truth.

Deep Creek's FINEST layin' it down like it is. Oh, and it IS what it IS!!

I take the "Ivan Drago" approach to a situation like this; "YOU~VILL~LOOOZE!"

If he suits up and plays, then hit him, hit him, and hit him some more. I am truly hoping Jason Garrett thinks better of putting Romo sits to pee out there. It is irresponsible, to say the least. But again, if he does, then go for any part of him deemed legal.

What's with all the crybabies on this thread. People are actually mad that Deangelo wasn't being fake enough with the media? The sport of football is BRUTAL. He is just telling it how it is. People are being paid millions of dollars and they will use everything they can to their advantage regardless of how you feel about it. I applaud Deangelo for not being afraid to tell the truth.

I dont think most of the people here disagree with you that Football is brutal and they should be doing everything they need to do to get the advantage and win.

However,

Its another thing to be going around making statements like that when you could just do it on the field instead of through the media.

I dont think most of the people here disagree with you that Football is brutal and they should be doing everything they need to do to get the advantage and win.

However,

Its another thing to be going around making statements like that when you could just do it on the field instead of through the media.

He didn't just come out and say it though the media asked him and he answered truthfully. He's a football player not a politician. What did the media expect him to say? It's like when the media asked Eli if he thought he was in the same league as Brady, do they expect him to say no he sucks? Did they expect DHall to say no we're going to go easy on Romo sits to pee due to his injury? It's all silly.

Well the last time D.Hall ran his mouth against an NFCE rival, he got burnt on the first play of the game. I wish he would just keep his mouth shut and play ball. He's just giving them more incentive to play harder.

Right on target :applause: , and Fitz made a fool out of him last week. D Hall better shut up and let his skills speak for him on the field.

Right on target :applause: , and Fitz made a fool out of him last week. D Hall better shut up and let his skills speak for him on the field.

Meh.

I know that you can never just erase plays for the sake of argument, but that 73-yarder is pretty much the only thing that he gave up against one of the best receivers in the game with no help. I was impressed overall.

Meh.

I know that you can never just erase plays for the sake of argument, but that 73-yarder is pretty much the only thing that he gave up against one of the best receivers in the game with no help. I was impressed overall.

I got your point, it does make sense, but nevertheless when you run your big mouth you should be able to shut down the best receivers. Last but not least I don't think he's going to get in Romo sits to pee's head, on the contrary he is just giving more motivation to the boys. We will figure out next week.

Yeah, it's a pretty ugly thing to say. I don't mind players giving it their all, but you don't say you're going after someone's injury. Sounds classless. Also, makes him a target to Cowboys who want to protect their qb.

Playing off of this for those people watching MNF who were previously neutral, some of them now I bet will be rooting for Dallas. Romo sits to pee has his faults but he does come off as a nice guy. So I think we are the team now coming in with the bad hats, as opposed to Dallas who is generally hated by many.

I recall Smoot with the Vikings trash talking Steve Smith and Smith just burning him and enjoying it. I doubt the threat of a D. Hall sack puts fear in any QB. It's not like seeing Orkapo coming your way. But what I do think is it sets up a big match up with whichever WR he takes on, who I gather would want to burn him and vice versa.

To me this whole exercise likely ends up meaningless but if it does have any impact I'd say its watching what Dallas does now or doesn't do successfully to Hall. I think that will be the story.

I get the whole, we hate Dallas, doesn't it sound cool, we like spunk, etc. But put yourself in Dallas shoes for a second and your Romo sits to pee's teammate -- it would get me fired up mainly to burn D. Hall with my play. Not that this scares me as a Skins fan, just saying that's what I'll be watching for, can D. Hall back up his talk.

He does have a history really pre Redskins of being burned by Wrs he talked about stopping in advance. It escapes my memory but there was a famous case where he talked himself up and got burned big when he was with Atlanta, it will come back to me.

Edit: Watching Romo sits to pee last night on Inside the NFL, I doubt we will be seeing him. I think the D. Hall case thinking back where he talked major pre game smack was versus T-O and T-O had a big game against him. I wonder if this has D. Ware thinking, well you want to see a QB be flattened in this game watch what i do to Rex. It didn't occur to me until now but by saying that we have a big bullseye on Romo sits to pee, wouldn't it spur Dallas to think the same now about Rex? Again, all of this likely ends up meaningless but just thinking of things to look for in the game. In baseball when a player gets beaned by a ball, usually revenge comes in some fashion. The tit for tat in this case would be leveling Rex if we level Romo sits to pee. I don't mean any of this ultra seriously, I think it will end up as meaningless hype. Everything being equal, I'd prefer D. Hall staying quiet, but am not losing sleep.

Coming from the same guy who couldnt take down an old Jake Delhomme.

yeah agree, a D. Hall sack isn't going to scare anybody, what does he have 3 career sacks? Shawn Springs in his day can bring some heat. What's scarier D. Hall coming after Romo sits to pee or D. Ware coming after Grossman? D. Hall better have a good game now.

Meh.

Giving up a TD is huge, no matter how well he played the rest of the game. And he did have help, Landry was supposed to help with coverage but got burnt too.

I like DHall, and he does make plays. But he's also good for giving up the BIG plays every now and again.

Archived