Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Redskins’ Hall says he’ll target Tony Romo’s ribs

emor09

I'm going against the grain to point out that if someone from the cowboys had said the same thing about targeting an injured redskin the same people supporting Hall would be flipping out and crying foul.

Personally I'm of the opinion that it may be common practice to "punish" injured players but it's crass to talk about it and in the case of severe injuries it can be just plain wrong. In this case it's also stupid to supply bulletin board material to the cowboys who are now fully behind their QB.

IMO, if Romo sits to pee plays he should be treated as any other QB. If a blitz is called for, you blitz. But trying to injure players is not the kind of behavior that I want to see from my team.

So, if Hall is chasing AFTER Romo sits to pee, he won't try and sack him unless he can also hit his ribs head-on? lol :ols:...

No matter what is discussed before the game, the adrenaline OF the game takes over and #1 priority on the list is always "get the tackle/sack". Where the hit takes place during the tackle drops down the list quickly. In fact, we tend to belittle players who care more about the "big hit" than stopping the player with a tackle.

Wow. Couldn't be more of a captain obvious, could you?:ols: Stick with the topic now. Which of course is hitting Tony Romo sits to pee in the ribs if given the opportunity. The hit doesn't have to be a "big hit" as you suggested. It can be a textbook tackle. Do you not understand how painful sore ribs are? It won't take much to make them hurt even more. Got it now? Good.

I like the talk, sports has become to PC. I miss the George Allen/Gibbs(even though Gibbs hated it) days when players would do/say this kind of stuff. Showing up in Dallas in fatigues, tossing a funeral wreath in the cowboys locker room, oh how I miss Diron Talbert during Dallas week. It makes it more fun.

I would like to add that Hall has officially kicked off "Dallas week."

In years past I would've cringed at this type of talk, but not now. It's a new era, a new attitude and they now have the confidence to back it up.

**** Tony Romo sits to pee's ribs. **** the Cowboys and a big fat **** you to the Pukes fans.

Wow. Couldn't be more of a captain obvious, could you?:ols: Stick with the topic now. Which of course is hitting Tony Romo sits to pee in the ribs if given the opportunity. The hit doesn't have to be a "big hit" as you suggested. It can be a textbook tackle. Do you not understand how painful sore ribs are? It won't take much to make them hurt even more. Got it now? Good.

Annnnd, that's what I and others have been saying all along lol...you didn't pick that up, huh? Re-read the thread if you're still lost. :thumbsup:

"(Sam) Bradford looks like he will start, and the Giants won't be shy about seeing if the finger is going to be a problem. Asked if the Giants would target Bradford's finger, linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka said, "I plead the fifth." Added Kiwanuka, "It is cutthroat from the top to the bottom. There's a line between playing tough and playing dirty. You just don't cross that line. If there was something with me I would protect it because I would expect people to come after it. I have a history of that going back to college, I had an issue with a leg and having guys after a play literally come in and chop my legs out, so I'm very conscious of the fact if there's something on the injury report it's going to be pointed out.""

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/big_blue_to_take_aim_at_bradford/6804091

My problem with this is you do it. You just don't announce that you're going to do it. That's bad form, bad karma, bad everything.

It brings excitement back to what has become a hollow shell of what our rivalry used to be. Our teams hated each other. It has become a historic rivalry, maybe this kind of thing can make it a real rivalry again.

Ridiculous.

The first word Hall says is "Absolutely". Yahoo couldn't even post the question. Surely the question was along the lines of: "Do you plan to target Romo sits to pee's ribs if he plays?"

Making something out of nothing. Whatever. If Dallas needs this to get up for the home opener on Monday Night Football, take it. Skanks.

It brings excitement back to what has become a hollow shell of what our rivalry used to be. Our teams hated each other. It has become a historic rivalry, maybe this kind of thing can make it a real rivalry again.
I hear ya. The rivalry hasn't died with me and I bet it hasn't died with you.

Something else to think about: with Hall claiming he's amping up his desire to flatten Romo sits to pee and his sore ribs--and by default that the rest of the defense is, too--he may have just caused an extra holding penalty on the Cowboys...or an extra false start penalty...or an extra quickened pass attempt that ends up off the mark.

If he's able to get into their heads at all and have Romo sits to pee and his offensive linemen thinking about Hall's claims, they could be just a liiiitle bit jumpier than they normally would be.

If anybody doesn´t agree with that statement they should go back to there my happy pony world. Life is tough, when you show any weak spot then people will take advantage of that.

But I don´t think he needs to tell the media that...it´s like saying that Albert H. is fat and lazy, everbody knows that. You only motivate the opponent, you don´t wanna do that.

Archived